IGNORED

Would you welcome / respect an improved Rovers?

reddogkev

5 hours ago, CiderHider said:

.....but I miss beating and humiliating them.....

You must be a young un....I had to go through the ten games (in which we didn’t beat them from 1987 to 1991) engaged to a gashead.....and their fans sang ‘will you ever beat the Gas?’ at every encounter throughout that run....heartbreaking.....and no, I didn’t marry her.....

5 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I haven't put this in the dustbin thread, as the question might become lost amongst the junk and nuggets of comedy.  I've been thinking about the prospect of Rovers -as unlikely as it sounds - being promoted to the Championship some time in the near future and being run in a more professional manner.  I'm not interested in the details of how they could win promotion, but more about how we would feel (if indeed we were still in the Championship) and what the footballing landscape of the City would look like.  On one hand, we'd have the excitement and tension of the league Derby, but we'd have to rub shoulders again with the Gas heads.

Would the prospect of Rovers being an improved club, run more efficiently, improve the footballing status of Bristol and help us advance even further?  If this was to happen, would it be a good thing?  I do look at the shambles of Rovers and feel they tarnish the name of the City I love dearly.  It would be interesting if they became a soundly run football club, improved or moved to a new stadium, and whilst not being able to challenge our position as the alpha club in the region, at least become something other than a constant figure of fun.

Thoughts?

And don't worry, this is purely hypothetical!

If this thread does find itself dumped in with the rubbish, then so be it.

dump!

8 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

it's hard to beat the buzz of a derby day, let alone that of a derby win, but you know what, **** em. 

Think you may have been in Poland too long, and have absorbed some of the unpleasantness now emerging politically in that great country

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Think you may have been in Poland too long, and have absorbed some of the unpleasantness now emerging politically in that great country

I don't think it's necessary to apologize for hating the gas. 

As for the assumption regarding my political affiliations in PL: the good news is you're miles off the mark :) 

8 hours ago, Fiale said:

I have a uncle who is a Rovers fans. I used to think it would be great to have Bristol City top the Prem/Champ with Rovers just below us, it would make Bristol more of a destination for good players and give fans a much needed/earned bit of success. Over the years though he has become more and more... angry um I am not sure how to describe it, its a sort of jealousy, we have not earned our ground, team, success, league places or anything as we are just a rich persons franchise. Constantly talking about the millions wasted and how little success we have had with it. He didn't used to be like this,  but I just feel every year Rovers are a joke becoming more and more rag bag, the more he lashes out at us instead of trying to fix his house, he's trying to tear down ours.

How is your uncle's computer shop?

16 hours ago, weepywall said:

No they can **** off, I used to have a bit of respect for them years a go as they supported a local team etc and not plastic TV fans but now I think they have the worst bunch of fans in the league continually bigging themselves up best fans in the country, loyal and true, fantastic away following, everyone loves them. I have mates that support that shower of shite nice people until it comes to football, they are seriously deluded and any football fan that is happy losing 5-0 as long as the teds lose 6-0 has something wrong with them. Worst club and fans in the country and an embarrassment to the City of Bristol. 

Exactly what this guy said. I have some Gas mates/colleagues, nice as pie until you bring up football. They show themselves as deluded. The new grief they seem to direct at us is how we are jealous of their loyal core support and love reminding us how Villa put 5 past us over Christmas.

Think they should concentrate on getting their own house in order before mocking a team 5th in the Championship with average crowds of 18-23k.

Archived