IGNORED

Best city goal you have seen

BetterRedthanBlue

2 hours ago, poland_exile said:

Was this the 3-1 cup replay? I can't remember any of the goals, just going bananas on the terrace! a great night, I'll be gutted to learn after nearly 25 years that i missed a classic of a goal :D 

Not sure. I think it was a 1-1 draw but can't be certain. All I can really remember is that it was a dipping volley from very far out.

9 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

Jimmy Mann v Forest

I took a girl from south Africa who had never seen a football match in her life, even she went absolutely mental when he scored, I told her she had just witnessed one of the finest goals ever scored at that ground, and lets face it if you were there that day you will never forget it.

My memory might be a bit hazy but I remember Jacki flicking the ball Ossie Ardilles escape to victory style over the heads of two players and volleying the ball into the top corner from about 40 yards.

I think it was against Portsmouth.

A couple of honourable mentions from more recent times...

Lee Tomlin's (:fear:) late free kick at Fulham two seasons back - Certainly not the 'best' goal but there was a sense of something special and you just knew he was going to score.

Very recently, Pato's goal at home to Reading was absolutely superb.

Glad an earlier poster remembers Ivan Testimetanu's goal at Chesterfield on a cold Tuesday night.

For me the next best was Scott against Oldham.

As a twist to the thread I was at Gillingham - Billy Mercer's first game. We had Steve Jones up front who was typically bloody useless. At half time at 0-0 they brought on a certain Robert Taylor. After he'd scored three of the finest goals I've ever seen scored against us they took him off. Don't want to think about any more goals against.....

Peter Beadle goal vs Luton on a Friday night game sticks in my mind.

We were losing 1-2 I think, we're into injury time and me and my Dad had gone onto the steps in the Dolman-Atyeo corner when City win a corner that side. The ball is cleared away to Beadle who is 25+ yards out and hits it first time into the top corner.

The kickoff by Luton after was literally the last kick of the game.

Joe Bryan vs Rovers

Joe Bryan vs Swindon

Joe Bryan vs Manchester Red

JET vs Rovers

JET free kick in the 5-0 drubbing of Port Vale (I think), late season the year before promotion.

Gillet vs Gillingham- wasn't anything special other than being a long range goal, but I took my mate to his first match, he had no idea how mad it can be when we score, and this was a nothing game (also the one where Divvy did the team talk)

Archived