IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Manchester City FC in the Carabao Cup match day thread

Septic Peg

I’ve tried really hard to like Maggy but the guy is not good enough. 

Hes kicked the ball out of play under no pressure 4 times that half. And then that. Did the exact same against Cardiff too.

Will never been strong enough to play in an English league. Will no doubt have a good career but not here. 

Id rather Kelly at LB.

1 minute ago, intercity said:

exactly the same mistake again. If he cant learnt he cant play in the team.

Bloke is an absolute liability. No where near good enough. Nearly ****** up the exact same way at Derby so you thought he would have learnt

Has single handidly blew what little chance we had sadly 

1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Don't have to be Barcelona in our own penalty area. Has been coming for some time but hang Hörður high

Absolutely. We like to play, but there have been so many suicidal mistakes in and around our own box. Walsh, Pack & Hörður was the unlucky one who got punished. We’ve got to have some respect for who we’re playing. One touch in our own box probably isn’t the best idea this evening!

Poor defending,but  not just one player,just prior to that bobby gave the ball away on edge of our box and pressure continued.Patto has hardly found a red shirt all night.

It’s because we’re playing a much better team than us and the pressure is showing,unfair to pick out one player.We have not retained possession well all night.

Am I the only one getting frustrated at the lack of knowing when we need to clear the ball?

I understand trying to play positively, and sometimes we pull it off superbly (playing it out from the back), but when you have the likes of KDB, Aguero, Silva constantly putting pressure on you, surely the need to clear the ball once in a while is there?

I feel like our game plan is completely different to the last leg...like were just sitting back defending waiting for a counter attack which man city are just too good to fall for!

Its a shame we let in tho just before half time as 2nd half could of put fammy on ...but wtf is maggers doing thats pathetic defending ...

I say go for it 2nd half who cares of its 2 or 3 or more goals 2nd half most premiership teams lose by that much anyways this season lets make bristol proud!

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Amazed it's taken as long as it has for the messing about to cost us like that. At least half a dozen times we've gifted it to them in and around the box just by being too casual. 

I know! Has the "Bristol City play great football' thing gone to our heads that much, that we think we can try and play intricate one/two's on the edge of our box now against the best team in Europe? So many half assed clearances. Just put your f****** foot through it.

Sorry to have to say, that is the 3rd time in games at least that Magnússon has allowed a player to squeeze past him in that self same position, against Cardiff it cost a goal, against Derby it almost cost a goal and tonight it has cost another goal.

I appreciate this is Man City but IMHO he ain't good enough, far far too weak in all of the instances I have pointed out.

Archived