Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Septic Peg

The official Bristol City FC v Manchester City FC in the Carabao Cup match day thread

12 minutes ago, CovCyder said:

It's 0-0. We're settling down. And from commentary sounds like Mags is having a cracker of a game.

Classic " spoke too soon" CC!

Amazed it's taken as long as it has for the messing about to cost us like that. At least half a dozen times we've gifted it to them in and around the box just by being too casual. 

• Like 6

In fairness to Magnússon, and this isn’t an excuse because that was terrible, we have given the ball away like that about 5 times and it was going to cost us at some point. 

• Like 5

Second half early if things don't improve for us it's time to sub our key players to save them for Saturday.

[Climbs in to underground bunker]

Edited by Loco Rojo
  • Like 1

I’ve tried really hard to like Maggy but the guy is not good enough. 

Hes kicked the ball out of play under no pressure 4 times that half. And then that. Did the exact same against Cardiff too.

Will never been strong enough to play in an English league. Will no doubt have a good career but not here. 

Id rather Kelly at LB.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, intercity said:

exactly the same mistake again. If he cant learnt he cant play in the team.

Bloke is an absolute liability. No where near good enough. Nearly ****** up the exact same way at Derby so you thought he would have learnt

Has single handidly blew what little chance we had sadly 

• Like 3

For me; Baker for Mags, Fammy for Walsh - slot Brownhill into the middle, and Baker in at the back.

We've not played them with a big man up top yet, so might shake something loose.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Don't have to be Barcelona in our own penalty area. Has been coming for some time but hang Hörður high

Absolutely. We like to play, but there have been so many suicidal mistakes in and around our own box. Walsh, Pack & Hörður was the unlucky one who got punished. We’ve got to have some respect for who we’re playing. One touch in our own box probably isn’t the best idea this evening!

• Like 4

We were asking for trouble with the way we’ve been dealing with it in situations like that. 2 or 3 chances to get rid and you’re trying to take on the best players in the world when you’re not even the best in your own postcode! Basics. 

• Like 1

Poor defending,but  not just one player,just prior to that bobby gave the ball away on edge of our box and pressure continued.Patto has hardly found a red shirt all night.

It’s because we’re playing a much better team than us and the pressure is showing,unfair to pick out one player.We have not retained possession well all night.

1 minute ago, Murraysrightplum said:

We’ve looked nervy playing it out from the back today. Usually so composed 

We are not used to the level of football. They are actually up for it. Not like the (a) game.  

Frustrating obviously. Clearly playing a quality side, who sure deserve to be ahead. Needed however to make them score good goals for any they get, and we let them have one through a basic error. O well.

Am I the only one getting frustrated at the lack of knowing when we need to clear the ball?

I understand trying to play positively, and sometimes we pull it off superbly (playing it out from the back), but when you have the likes of KDB, Aguero, Silva constantly putting pressure on you, surely the need to clear the ball once in a while is there?

• Like 2

I feel like our game plan is completely different to the last leg...like were just sitting back defending waiting for a counter attack which man city are just too good to fall for!

Its a shame we let in tho just before half time as 2nd half could of put fammy on ...but wtf is maggers doing thats pathetic defending ...

I say go for it 2nd half who cares of its 2 or 3 or more goals 2nd half most premiership teams lose by that much anyways this season lets make bristol proud!

We have a mountain to climb.....irrespective of the result.....let's just get a good showing of ourselves .

Fully expect Man City to park the bus and kill the game in the second half. 

COYRS

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Amazed it's taken as long as it has for the messing about to cost us like that. At least half a dozen times we've gifted it to them in and around the box just by being too casual. 

I know! Has the "Bristol City play great football' thing gone to our heads that much, that we think we can try and play intricate one/two's on the edge of our box now against the best team in Europe? So many half assed clearances. Just put your f****** foot through it.

Sorry to have to say, that is the 3rd time in games at least that Magnússon has allowed a player to squeeze past him in that self same position, against Cardiff it cost a goal, against Derby it almost cost a goal and tonight it has cost another goal.

I appreciate this is Man City but IMHO he ain't good enough, far far too weak in all of the instances I have pointed out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Absolutely. We like to play, but there have been so many suicidal mistakes in and around our own box. Walsh, Pack & Hörður was the unlucky one who got punished. We’ve got to have some respect for who we’re playing. One touch in our own box probably isn’t the best idea this evening!

Makes you wonder whether, even subconsciously, the praise they got from playing great football in the 1st leg has got them believing that they have to do that for the whole game and not just lump it. 

1 minute ago, MelksRed said:

We have a mountain to climb.....irrespective of the result.....let's just get a good showing of ourselves .

Fully expect Man City to park the bus and kill the game in the second half. 

COYRS

Mountains can be climbed . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

No way. Save him for the weekend. This game is gone

Crap, we need to to attack more and not let them dictate. This is where we show our true colours.

1 minute ago, BCFC_Mike said:

Am I the only one getting frustrated at the lack of knowing when we need to clear the ball?

I understand trying to play positively, and sometimes we pull it off superbly (playing it out from the back), but when you have the likes of KDB, Aguero, Silva constantly putting pressure on you, surely the need to clear the ball once in a while is there?

That's exactly it. Obviously Mags is at fault for that one, but it's not just him, a few of them are guilty of it.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Sorry to have to say, that is the 3rd time in games at least that Magnússon has allowed a player to squeeze past him in that self same position, against Cardiff it cost a goal, against Derby it almost cost a goal and tonight it has cost another goal.

I appreciate this is Man City but IMHO he ain't good enough, far far too weak in all of the instances I have pointed out.

Absolutely, just seen the replay he had ample time to clear if for a throw, diabolical defending and as you say 3rd instance of him doing that in different games.

1 minute ago, prankerd said:

I feel like our game plan is completely different to the last leg...like were just sitting back defending waiting for a counter attack which man city are just too good to fall for!

Its a shame we let in tho just before half time as 2nd half could of put fammy on ...but wtf is maggers doing thats pathetic defending ...

I say go for it 2nd half who cares of its 2 or 3 or more goals 2nd half most premiership teams lose by that much anyways this season lets make bristol proud!

It was a tough one tonight tactically and 2-1 made it very different to if we’d have hung on to 1-1. 

We simply had to stop them scoring tonight and hope we could use the ball well enough when we had the chance to counter. A stupid error that you’d get lambasted for in a Sunday pub team has completely ruined what was so nearly a perfect half of football. 

If we’d have gone for broke from the off tonight and xonceees early it could have been 2 or 3 nil by HT.

Can’t blame LJ for the game plan tonight IMO. 

• Like 2