IGNORED

Kevin De Bruyne

SedRA

I’m amazed of some of the comments. Why should any of us expect an opposition player to lick our balls in their interview? Flint certainly didn’t with Swindon if you recall. 

KDB probably doesn’t give 2 poops about us. Why should he have anything positive to say? 

Anyway. KDB, Silva, Aguero & Fernandinho. A privilege to watch. 4 of the top 10 in the world, surely. I’d have loved to have seen Jesus play too but for his injury, as I think he has the ability to make it into the top 10 too (whenever I’ve seen him he never fails to make the right decisions and pick the right balls). 

For me Sane is good but nowhere near the level of the other 5. 

As for their defence? That’ll be the only reason they may not quite do the quadruple. 

7 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Three quality players in De Bruyne sane an silva

I wasn't overly impressed with Sane tbh, given he was against a competent but not natural right back in BW I think he should have done better, pretty much all he did was try and get on his left foot and get to the byline. He also had a number of chances and scored the one that was pretty much on a plate to be hit. 

2 hours ago, Harry said:

I’m amazed of some of the comments. Why should any of us expect an opposition player to lick our balls in their interview? Flint certainly didn’t with Swindon if you recall. 

KDB probably doesn’t give 2 poops about us. Why should he have anything positive to say? 

Anyway. KDB, Silva, Aguero & Fernandinho. A privilege to watch. 4 of the top 10 in the world, surely. I’d have loved to have seen Jesus play too but for his injury, as I think he has the ability to make it into the top 10 too (whenever I’ve seen him he never fails to make the right decisions and pick the right balls). 

For me Sane is good but nowhere near the level of the other 5. 

As for their defence? That’ll be the only reason they may not quite do the quadruple. 

You've nailed it. Why can't people just be happy they had the chance to see, in the flesh, one of the greats of the modern game. 

It would have been a great feel good story if KDB had offered to pay Jaden's pocket money for the rest of his youth, or popped into the Rising Sun after and bought a round for everyone in there, but why the **** should he? Likewise, why the hell should he stand around paying lipservice to our team / crowd if he doesn't believe in what he's saying. In all truth, I admire him for not bending to the interviewer's narrative and spouting stuff about us that he doesn't believe. 

Why people are allowing any of this to sour a fabulous night for Bristol City is beyond me - it strikes me of being needy and insecure: for Pete's sake, it's the sort of moans you'd expect from the gas - we're bigger than that! 

5 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

I also feel that his comments are a bit more respecting of BCFC as a club that actually deserve to be semi-finalists, rather than treating us as "plucky losers" from a lower league.  Should Man Utd beat Yeovil by, say 4-1 on Friday night with Yeovil having made a good account of themselves, then you would expect to hear the usual "congratulations on your magnificent defeat" by the usual pundits.  

If were are to be taken seriously as a potential Premier League club, the first thing we, as fans, need to do is cut out all this "but he didn't lavish enough praise on us in our hour of defeat" nonsense!

It's not as if we haven't levelled  criticism at any aspects of last nights performance is it?

exactly - likewise I was delighted when Mourinho came out with his 'they were lucky' line: it was precisely what he would have said had he lost to Arsenal or Man City. As a compliment it was probably back-handed and unintended, but I for one took it as a sign of begrudging respect that he had been done! 

20 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

A bit arrogant, but that probably comes of being picked on as a kid, for looking like “Shermanator”!

Let his football do the talking. He’s one of the best in the world. Probably THE best in his position. 

*cough* Pack *cough*

On 23/01/2018 at 23:47, Phileas Fogg said:

His interview was typical of a second language European in my experience. They’re generally far blunter than us and are far less likely to give platitudes and praise if they don’t believe it.

We did well tonight, but you can see from his perspective and the stats why he thought the game was one sided.

Exactly this. People from Benelux countries in particular are very honest and will call a spade a spade rather that dole out platitudes. This is not De Bruyne being negative about City, it is a common character trait from his part of the world to share an honest viewpoint, even if that rubs against the grain.

Having lived with a Dutch girl for a year, you learn to respect it.

On 1/23/2018 at 22:06, !james said:

Manchester City midfielder Kevin de Bruyne: "We played a very good game, we are pleased. We didn't give them any opportunities, we should have won three or four nil. We came here, we knew the crowd would be up for it but we managed to keep them quiet.

"After we went 2-0 they played some long balls and got two goals but we deserved to go to Wembley. I was out with an injury last time so let's hope that we have the same result."

I think the press have paraphrased here, when I heard KdB's interview, he said 'We should have been 3 or 4 up before they scored......'

Also, I think the long balls comment is due to his not perfect use of the English language, he obviously meant crosses, he has complimented Bristol City for their play, so he certainly doesn't mean anything derogatory.

For those calling him arrogant, disrespectful etc., you couldn't be further from the truth, de Bruyne is one of the most humble players I have seen, in all my time following football, and I'm nearing 50 !

On 24/01/2018 at 15:53, JamesBCFC said:

I haven't taken it personally.

I think it's poor when a person- anyone- cannot bring it upon themselves to give credit where it is due.

De Bruyne is an incredible player, and Man City were fantastic, but they won't have faced many teams who have actually tried to beat them and been as stubborn as us, let's not forget both their winning goals were either the last kick or virtually the last kick.

All true. Nobody doubts De Bruyne's skill as a player, but does that mean all social graces go out of the window? If he can't be magnanimous in victory, he must be bloody impossible in defeat. Pep managed to strike the right note.

6 hours ago, MCFC said:

I think the press have paraphrased here, when I heard KdB's interview, he said 'We should have been 3 or 4 up before they scored......'

Also, I think the long balls comment is due to his not perfect use of the English language, he obviously meant crosses, he has complimented Bristol City for their play, so he certainly doesn't mean anything derogatory.

For those calling him arrogant, disrespectful etc., you couldn't be further from the truth, de Bruyne is one of the most humble players I have seen, in all my time following football, and I'm nearing 50 !

Hope you stick around, you bring normality to this forum @MCFC

Archived