IGNORED

Kent

Top Robin

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Looks incredible on the ball. Just really needs to work on his decision making. Really hope Johnson can get him improving his weaknesses fast. 

Completely agree - reminds me a lot of Pato (not just because of where he plays). Seemed almost to be thinking a step ahead of a lot of the others up top on a couple of occasions with some give-and-go's that didn't quite come off. Once he/they get on the same page, I think we'll have a real threat on our hands.

Very good offensively, I still thought he looked a bit lethargic at retaking his position and regrouping.

Much, much better, but still some training needed before he can be trusted to start I feel. 

2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Amazing?

Threatening but ultimately wasteful would be more accurate.

He pulled us all over the place in both games. Can’t remember if he directly assisted in either game but I remember him running us ragged and pulling us all over the place. 

See how you feel about him come the end of the season. 

My first time watching him today, my impression was Leko but with more of a footballing/tactical brain as well, knew when to pass it off/look for balls through and knew when to try and beat his guy vs keeping ball, the instance of the free kick with marlon just inside their half stood out, played it back to him a couple of times in space, I think Leko would have just turned and ran at the defender to beat him. 

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

What was noticeable to me was he worked hard and looked up for it, which is the main thing I like to see when a player first comes into the team. Hope he settles quickly.

He was poor in his substitute appearing debut so it is good to hear and see this improvement. 

13 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Personally thought he was greatly improved tonight. Just didn't quite make the final ball, very very exciting performance, ran at one of the best midfields in the world.

Agreed. His cross in for our 2nd was decent.

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

He was poor in his substitute appearing debut so it is good to hear and see this improvement. 

Agreed. His cross in for our 2nd was decent.

I gave him a bollocking after his debut performance, really glad to see such a marked improvement.

5 hours ago, 29AR said:

Very good offensively, I still thought he looked a bit lethargic at retaking his position and regrouping.

Much, much better, but still training needed before he can be trusted to start I feel. 

As has been mentioned previously, he hasn't had a great deal of gametime so if he improves by that much every time he gets a start we will have a very useful player to assist our push.

If it wasn’t for the fact we were playing Man City last night when he took the ball past players there would have been someone in red to pass it to more easily, but it was Man City so once he did get past a few players another was there waiting to take the ball off of him. He’ll have more space vs QPR and more option once he gets past someone. Looked decent! 

7 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Personally thought he was greatly improved tonight. Just didn't quite make the final ball, very very exciting performance, ran at one of the best midfields in the world.

Eh? He put in a fantastic ball for the 2nd goal. Needs to start on Saturday. Looks fitter. Fresh legs. 

Archived