IGNORED

Rugby lines

Redland

19 minutes ago, Redland said:

I agree 100%. I attend rugby matches too and always shout "penalty' when a Bristol player is tackled in the box!

Just think we should do a more professional job of painting out the lines between matches so you watch rugby on a rugby pitch and football on a football pitch. 

I think so too. The paint often looks more dark blue than green usually to me. Even when the white lines are painted for a football /rugby match they often look quite faint, obviously easier to try to hide afterwards, but there is nothing nicer than a perfect lush green pitch with thick white markings on it.

5 hours ago, The Bard said:

You're looking at this in completely the wrong way.  It's a credit and something that should be publicised.  Our pitch is that good that it's grass and can be used for both football and rugby matches played close to each other (some games on successive days), yet it stays in an excellent condition.  When you consider the recent weather as well, it's a credit.  As others have pointed out, Coventry's ground is in a right state as it's not coping with both.

I believe, but may be wrong, that Wasps Rugby who now own the stadium, intend to refurbish the pitch, possibly with Desso. In which case problem solved.

As for Prem teams sharing with a rugby team, Swansea do with Ospreys, markings visible and Reading, Wigan, Hull are at least three who have shared while in the Prem.

10 hours ago, spudski said:

You're not allowed to score unless the ball is inside the 22 yard line...oh hang on a minute...that's Subbuteo ;-)

Joking aside...the lines are actually good for knowing your positioning...especially when defending.

Bloody hell !! How big was your Subbuteo pitch ???

12 hours ago, Redland said:

Why is it that we  do such a poor job of painting out the rugby markings when City are playing? Other clubs including I think Swansea, Hull City and Reading also have rugby matches but seem to do a much better job of painting out the lines so they are not visible. At Ashton gate they stand out and I think it makes us look a bit amateurish -  like we are playing football in a rugby ground. After the away leg at Man City Pep Guardiola commented ' what are those markings on the Bristol City pitch? ' which say's it all really. 

Not a great advert

11 hours ago, RedM said:

Did anyone see Wasps playing at the Ricoh at the weekend on tv, Coventry haven’t got a hope. Actually I think they are in a playoff spot or thereabouts so maybe they do. Pitch was awful though even dismissing the bad weather.

True but Cov have got a hedge fund shaped even bigger problem.....

Does anybody remember when we had American football down the gate ? 

We had a live game that week and with all the markings from the that game , you could see all the lines and pictures. Didn't look good on live tv. 

At least the rugby jus have lines

6 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Over the last few weeks I've heard the following makes us look amateurish:

Painted rugby lines

Running on pitch after beating United

Waving flags before the game

Clapping Aguero off

Amazing how Mark Ashton allows all this to happen on the worldwide stage!  Or is it fans moaning cos they cant moan about the team?!

Crazy isn't it

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Absolutely. I struggle to accept the moaning about parking to. As if its a god given right to park within a ten minute walk of the ground.  A 20 minute walk is not a lot if you are under 65 and able to walk

Yep. Some of the things I have seen people moan about on this forum over the years is frankly ridiculous and as you pointed out, largely coincides with the team doing brilliantly on the pitch. Some people just love to have an issue with anything, and then others love to jump on the bandwagon...

16 hours ago, Redland said:

Why is it that we  do such a poor job of painting out the rugby markings when City are playing? Other clubs including I think Swansea, Hull City and Reading also have rugby matches but seem to do a much better job of painting out the lines so they are not visible. At Ashton gate they stand out and I think it makes us look a bit amateurish -  like we are playing football in a rugby ground. After the away leg at Man City Pep Guardiola commented ' what are those markings on the Bristol City pitch? ' which say's it all really. 

If you saw the state of Reading's pitch you wouldn't complain

6 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

Yep. Some of the things I have seen people moan about on this forum over the years is frankly ridiculous and as you pointed out, largely coincides with the team doing brilliantly on the pitch. Some people just love to have an iss:blink::facepalm:ue with anything, and then others love to jump on the bandwagon...

Can I moan about the moaners who are moaning about everything to moan about .

Think that's right !! :blink::facepalm:

8 hours ago, RedDave said:

Over the last few weeks I've heard the following makes us look amateurish:

Painted rugby lines

Running on pitch after beating United

Waving flags before the game

Clapping Aguero off

Amazing how Mark Ashton allows all this to happen on the worldwide stage!  Or is it fans moaning cos they cant moan about the team?!

Call it moaning if you like but I prefer to regard it as a constructive suggestion from a supporter who wants the club to be perceived both at home and internationally in the best possible light. Having obvious rugby markings on the pitch when we are on TV does no credit to our club. The recent increased TV coverage has simply highlighted this. 

Let's get this straight  - Ashton Gate is the home of Bristol City FC and Bristol Rugby. The vast majority of the stadium is overwhelmingly City - red seats, the murals, the cold air in the hand-dryers, the timeline in the SS etc etc. 

Steve Lansdown was clear that for AG to "pay it's way" it had to be a multi-use venue in use as much as possible, generating income and attracting fans to watch both teams. 

Next season could see AG hosting Premiership Football AND Rugby. I think we should be proud of our ground, our teams and our felicities. 

20 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Yes, it’s the height of the cameras I think

So many people on Twitter were commenting on the height of the camera angle being filmed from a skyscraper 

I love that angle. The more elevation the better as far as I am concerned, as it gives a much better idea of player movements and formations. I like to be able to see the spacings between players. 

No doubt this will be the first thing that is changed should we achieve promotion. Spurs WHL and Wembley has their respective camera angles lowered considerably on request of the advertisers. 

6 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I think we should be proud of our ground, our teams and our felicities. 

I am most proud of our felicitys. 

According to national stat centre (NSC) - on Tuesday night there were:

11 carols

9 Julies

3 Amys

7 Florences

4 Doris

6 Jasmines

And a whopping

18 Felicitys present.

39 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Let's get this straight  - Ashton Gate is the home of Bristol City FC and Bristol Rugby. The vast majority of the stadium is overwhelmingly City - red seats, the murals, the cold air in the hand-dryers, the timeline in the SS etc etc. 

Steve Lansdown was clear that for AG to "pay it's way" it had to be a multi-use venue in use as much as possible, generating income and attracting fans to watch both teams. 

Next season could see AG hosting Premiership Football AND Rugby. I think we should be proud of our ground, our teams and our felicities. 

I agree but surely it is not impossible to overpaint the lines properly so that we play football on a football pitch and rugby on a rugby pitch? At the moment you can see the rugby lines when we play football and the football lines when we play rugby. I really don't understand why this suggestion is so contentious. 

10 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

Yep. Some of the things I have seen people moan about on this forum over the years is frankly ridiculous and as you pointed out, largely coincides with the team doing brilliantly on the pitch. Some people just love to have an issue with anything, and then others love to jump on the bandwagon...

Nah. Sorry, not moaning it’s constructive criticism. 

The Sags teach us a lesson of just accepting what you’re given. We’re better than that. 

The Club  ‘pursuit of excellence’, ‘continuous improvement’ mantras apply equally off, as well as on the pitch. 

Access to the ground is shit for most people who don’t live within walking distance. The Park and Ride is progress but that is not without its flaws. The past lack of joined-up thinking in terms of getting people to AG is lamentable. The rugby lines look a fooking mess and tinpot for a Club with Premiership aspirations. 

No wonder Bristol Council get away with being so ineffective in your City with so many people having the ‘lay back and take it’ attitude. How’s that nice new areana going? Have they run a bus yet on that multi-million pound metro network of yours? And that underused Long Ashton Park and Ride sat there near the stadium.....  of course, these things take time in Bristol, meanwhile, your competitors go out and deliver. 

Archived