IGNORED

Man City Forum Giving Respect

Tomo

"Fun match, Bristol looks like a team that fit more in the PL midtable, they didn't get many chances but they did finish a few. Never felt we were in trouble though."

"Lee Johnson. Fantastic coach, only 36 yo. Can become an elite manager in the future I think. Their win vs United wasn't a fluke."

"Ref was good tonight and fair play to Bristol who did not resort to dirty tactics and gave us a good game over 2 legs. I’m surprised they are on such a poor run."

"I think you have to give a lot of credit to Bristol City, they never let their heads go down, they always believed they could get back into this tie, they also defended pretty well, in numbers and surrounded the the player with the ball very quickly.
City had to play well to beat them, let’s not forget they’ve beaten Watford, Stoke , Palace, and Utd in this competition, you can’t fluke that run of wins."

"Yes they scored two goals, but sometimes that happens. They were punts crosses into the box, and somewhat fortunate in my opinion."

Here's a few personal favourites, for people who value their time more than I value mine.

4 hours ago, hodge said:

"Yes they scored two goals, but sometimes that happens. They were punts crosses into the box, and somewhat fortunate in my opinion."

:facepalm:

“Somewhat fortunate”!

Fortunate to advance up the pitch, fortunate to get into a crossing position, fortunate it was a good cross, fortunate no defender was able to clear it, fortunate it was a good header, fortunate it beat the keeper and fortunate to end up in the net. A fortunate goal!

Kudos to the bluenoses for giving us respect. I think we've deserved it though, it was no fluke that we got as far as we did, all we need to do now is focus on getting into the PL, we've proven ourselves that we belong there, it's just about stopping the rot, let's get a few league wins on the bounce now. COYR

21 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

“Somewhat fortunate”!

Fortunate to advance up the pitch, fortunate to get into a crossing position, fortunate it was a good cross, fortunate no defender was able to clear it, fortunate it was a good header, fortunate it beat the keeper and fortunate to end up in the net. A fortunate goal!

Indeed. And their first goal was a wonder of movement. No luck involved. 

I must admit I had to laugh when Pep said in an interview looking ahead to Cardiff ying tong this weekend that they'd have to use different tactics to cope with their long balls.

I wonder what Pep will think when he see's Colin with his pasty face dancing around him doing his spectacles impersonation, has he mentioned yet that he needs a strong ref. . . .  

9 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

“Somewhat fortunate”!

Anyone who has seen Pack’s goal will clearly have seen that Josh makes a very deliberate and considered cross, it was a million miles from a pint, but was very carefully measured and you see this clearly as he hits it. 

13 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Anyone who has seen Pack’s goal will clearly have seen that Josh makes a very deliberate and considered cross, it was a million miles from a pint, but was very carefully measured and you see this clearly as he hits it. 

it was Paterson wasn't it? Either way it was a great goal and an even better header, to beat an international keeper from that far out with a header is an achievement

3 hours ago, Swede said:

I must admit I had to laugh when Pep said in an interview looking ahead to Cardiff ying tong this weekend that they'd have to use different tactics to cope with their long balls.

I wonder what Pep will think when he see's Colin with his pasty face dancing around him doing his spectacles impersonation, has he mentioned yet that he needs a strong ref. . . .  

I love pasties, so please don’t compare them to Mr Warnock

Ref the Man City forum, there are some complimentary comments but a lot imply we were lucky we didn’t get hammered by four or five goals. There isn’t much (any?) credit for the two goals we scored on Tuesday, just blame for their defenders inability to cope with good build up and cross into the penalty area 

5 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I love pasties, so please don’t compare them to Mr Warnock

Ref the Man City forum, there are some complimentary comments but a lot imply we were lucky we didn’t get hammered by four or five goals. There isn’t much (any?) credit for the two goals we scored on Tuesday, just blame for their defenders inability to cope with good build up and cross into the penalty area 

That is the same on any club's forum talking about any goal their team concedes.  We dissected Norwich's goal to death (myself included). All goals are preventable

Archived