IGNORED

What might this mean for our existing strikers?

LondonBristolian

Except from woodrow I would keep both Taylor and Engval as it's the most important 18 games or so we've had in a longtime !

Injuries can play a part and we will need a big squad for the remainder of the season.

Bcfc pay there wages and there own personal wishes to play each week will have to be on the back burner!!

5 hours ago, bcfcshorey said:

In terms of getting rid then I would guess the priority would be:

1. Woodrow
2. Engvall
3. Taylor

I’d reverse that order, but i’m Probably in the minority.

I’d let Gus go out in loan (if that’s an option).

With Djúric still out i’d Probably want to keep 1, possibly 2.  Can’t leave ourselves bare, although Pato can play as a secondary striker.

5 hours ago, Lord Northski said:

Agent Taylor should be loaned to a Championship club e.g. Burton and paid by us to score as many goals as possible. Burton getting a result against some of these would be bloody useful

Sat Feb 3 Aston Villa A 

Sat Feb 10 Ipswich Town A 
Sat Feb 17 Nottingham Forest H Emirates FA Cup 5 
Tue Feb 20 Barnsley A 
Sat Feb 24 Millwall H 
Sat Mar 3 Sheffield United A 
Tue Mar 6 Brentford H
Sat Mar 10 Bristol City H

Sat Mar 17 Wolverhampton Wanderers 
Sat Mar 31 Cardiff City A 
Mon Apr 2 Middlesbrough H
Sat Apr 7 Birmingham City A 
Tue Apr 10 Hull City H 
Sat Apr 14 Derby County H

Sat Apr 21 Sunderland A 
Sat Apr 28 Bolton Wanderers H 
Sun May 6 Preston North End A 

Now that is a very sensible idea.

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

We can't close Woodrow's loan. Its a season long.

You can if there was an agreement built in....but that’s unlikely based on the fact that we’ve agreed to a fee to sign him permanently.  Suspect LJ thought he’d be more heavily involved when he signed him.

3 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Diedhiou and Reid currently starters imo, with Diony challenging both. Pato returns to his native wing. Woodrow goes at the end of the season, likely Gustav too. I’d like Matty to stay as cover, I like his energetic play and still think he has a chance at this level.  

With Djuric, just have to play it by ear with his injury. 

I really think he is better with his feet

5 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

We've got a shot at a place in the Premiership so why would we want to lessen our resources?

With regard to Woodrow , why on earth would we want to leave ourselves open to any possibility, remote as it may be, of him scoring against us between now and the end of the season??? 

The necessary pruning can be done in the summer. January should be all about strengthening, not weakening.

He could play against us and be complete garbage and earn us 3 points

6 minutes ago, ciderrider said:

If we can send Woodrow back I'd do so, for me he's not good enough,  Gustav out on loan and get Taylor fit again. If Bobby needs a rest or gets a ban I just have a gut feeling he's going to play a part for us at some point.

Just for the complete piss take, he’s only going to get one more appearance for us, in which he will score the goal that takes us up to the Prem..! 

Taylor provided the assist for korey to score and us beat Man U, its the best game I have ever watched down the gate, he could sit on his ass for the rest of his contract and it would all still be worth it, you cant buy those memories, still a decent backup atm. Woodrow I think we are stuck with, but if we could wriggle out of it and send him back i would. Upfront its Reid + one other for me, formation allowing.

6 hours ago, redpole said:

Isn’t Taylor injured??? I thought I read that he has a injury and might need op, playing through the pain at moment. Didn’t LJ say this a week back??

That is what I understood as well, so I don’t see Taylor being fit enough to be loaned out. Presume he will be rested/operated on to sort the injury. I see Engvall leaving. Woodrow to stay as cover especially as Fam is only just back; Milan is not ready yet; and Loïs has only just arrived so will need time to settle in.

Taylor to me is what Karleigh Osbourne did in Botswana.. he would’ve been first choice over Bobby if he fit during pre season, yet Karleigh got injured so Aden got picked, Matty is great backup for Bobby, we must keep till atleast the season, he’s also very good cover for Patterson

2 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Taylor to me is what Karleigh Osbourne did in Botswana.. he would’ve been first choice over Bobby if he fit during pre season, yet Karleigh got injured so Aden got picked, Matty is great backup for Bobby, we must keep till atleast the season, he’s also very good cover for Patterson

what...............

I don't really see the point in getting rid of Woodrow (because we'll still have to pay him) or Taylor (because injury aside, he's not that bad). With regard Engvall, if the management don't think he's going to cut it, get rid. If they still think he could be, get him a loan in England, tell him to score some goals and we'll talk again in the summer. Seeing as you can't loan outside the windows anymore, I'd rather have too many players than not enough 

3 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

I don't really see the point in getting rid of Woodrow (because we'll still have to pay him) or Taylor (because injury aside, he's not that bad). With regard Engvall, if the management don't think he's going to cut it, get rid. If they still think he could be, get him a loan in England, tell him to score some goals and we'll talk again in the summer. Seeing as you can't loan outside the windows anymore, I'd rather have too many players than not enough 

Just another thought on Woodrow.

With Fulham coming strong on the rails and looking like contenders, if they have no recall clause why send him back to strengthen a rival? He may not be in their first XI but why give another option?

29 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Just another thought on Woodrow.

With Fulham coming strong on the rails and looking like contenders, if they have no recall clause why send him back to strengthen a rival? He may not be in their first XI but why give another option?

If he played for Fulham again this season that would help us not them

Didn't LJ say that Taylor had a hernia issue and couldn't train between matches? I can't see anyone in that predicament going out on loan let alone a permanent deal. I've had a hernia op and it was bloody painful beforehand. He must be struggling during matches TBH so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt BUT he does seem to be injured a lot.

20 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm excited about Diony and can't wait to see what he can do. However this does mean we now have seven strikers. I definitely wanted to see a forward come in this window but what do we think this means for others at the club?

I assume Reid, Diedhiou and Diony will be the ones pushing for regular starts, plus Djuric when he is back but I'm not sure how long that will be. 

Rightly or wrongly, I think this probably is the end of Engvall's time at the club and I think he'll be gone - at least on loan but perhaps permanently - by the end of the window. 

What about Woodrow and Taylor? I presume we could not cancel Woodrow's loan, even if we wanted to, without his and Fulham's say-so and so I wonder if he will be around but scarcely feature. Taylor I'm not so sure on. He has good moments but I feel he hasn't yet done enough on a consistent basis to push for a regular starting spot and is surely fifth choice one everyone is fit. Do others think he'll stick around or will he be gone come the end of the window?

Expect The Mystery of Engvall to be 'gone......and sadly I wouldn't be taken by surprise if with what we hear of Djuric is that we won't see him play again this season-would be a great pity.

So,we need everyone.

Archived