IGNORED

Song for Lois

DownendRed97

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

He described his playing style as a ‘bull’ in his BCTV interview.

Aha, that's what I missed then.. OK cheers.

'Bull 'sounds a bit clumsy and reckless... Hope not! ..

On the other hand if he resembles a bull that floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee then WOW I can't wait!  :laugh:. 

(perhaps he wears Brut and likes splashing it all over) 

16 hours ago, Robbored said:

What happened to the song for the tea lady? 

Good idea I thought.

She's currently in London recording her song in a top studio. Music industry experts predict she'll be the next SuBo. We might need to recruit another tea lady.

21 minutes ago, RiverRed said:

She's currently in London recording her song in a top studio. Music industry experts predict she'll be the next SuBo. We might need to recruit another tea lady.

Here’s the obligatory YouTube clip of someone we are rumoured to be after to replace her.  Mods, please move to Transfer Forum if need be.

Not blessed with pace, and I’ve always found her final delivery a bit wasteful, but "soup"erb entertainer.

Not sure she’s "one for the future" or "one for the now"...more likely "one for the grave"

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Here’s the obligatory YouTube clip of someone we are rumoured to be after to replace her.  Mods, please move to Transfer Forum if need be.

Not blessed with pace, and I’ve always found her final delivery a bit wasteful, but "soup"erb entertainer.

Not sure she’s "one for the future" or "one for the now"...more likely "one for the grave"

Yeah, she looks good in the clips, but how will she fare on a cold Wednesday away night in rainy Manchester or Liverpool?

SL needs to get his cheque book out and go for this one. She's proven at this level.

19 minutes ago, RiverRed said:

Yeah, she looks good in the clips, but how will she fare on a cold Wednesday away night in rainy Manchester or Liverpool?

SL needs to get his cheque book out and go for this one. She's proven at this level.

@tinman85 would go for Mrs Overall, as he thinks we need experience, but I think Mrs Doyle has the persistence at this level to help us "go on, go on, go on, go on" a winning run.

The rumours have been ‘brewing’ for a while.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

@tinman85 would go for Mrs Overall, as he thinks we need experience, but I think Mrs Doyle has the persistence at this level to help us "go on, go on, go on, go on" a winning run.

The rumours have been ‘brewing’ for a while.

I totally agree Dave. Mrs Overall is in the twilight of her career, just another Journeywoman tea lady looking for one last big-money contract.

Doyle's got the right DNA, but it goes without saying, we won't believe a word of those rumours until she's confirmed on the OS.

#AnnounceMrsDoyle

Whatever bloody song we song for him, for Bakes, for Brownhill, for Arnold, for all of them...just bloody sing up Ashton Gate. It's no good bloody singing in the Cup games when we're beating/not getting thrashed by 'superior teams'. That's gone.

The time to sing is now! we are as close to getting back to the top flight as any, 2008 notwithstanding. Don't just bloody sing from 2:55 until 3:10pm; don't just sing when we get a bloody corner or a throw-in; don't just sing when we're winning (there's a song in that, somewhere)....

Sing from 2:55 till 5:55pm...; sing when they've got a bloody corner at this end or that end; sing when we go 0-1 down, 0-2 down; sing, sing, sing....

If not, we'll regret it. Sing, anything. Sing, everything. 

The Cup's gone, it was rubbish anyway, this is what we want, the league, sing for the league, sing for the City, sing, sing for the lads, come on....

Let's throw off our inhibitions, our West Country laissez-faire/mañana, come on Dolman, come on Lansdown (not the actual individual, but the...)

Let's surprise ourselves and rip roar in to it tomorrow....

Cheers.

Hat Man.

ps we sing just fine, maybe just not often enough or for long enough.... Come On!!

17 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Whatever bloody song we song for him, for Bakes, for Brownhill, for Arnold, for all of them...just bloody sing up Ashton Gate. It's no good bloody singing in the Cup games when we're beating/not getting thrashed by 'superior teams'. That's gone.

The time to sing is now! we are as close to getting back to the top flight as any, 2008 notwithstanding. Don't just bloody sing from 2:55 until 3:10pm; don't just sing when we get a bloody corner or a throw-in; don't just sing when we're winning (there's a song in that, somewhere)....

Sing from 2:55 till 5:55pm...; sing when they've got a bloody corner at this end or that end; sing when we go 0-1 down, 0-2 down; sing, sing, sing....

The Cup's gone, it was rubbish anyway, this is what we want, the league, sing for the league, sing for the City, sing, sing for the lads, come on....

Let's throw off our inhibitions, our West Country laissez-faire/mañana, come on Dolman, come on Lansdown (not the actual individual, but the...)

Cheers.

Hat Man.

ps we sing just fine, maybe just not often enough or for long enough.... Come On!!

Sing with me, sing for the years
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears
Sing with me, just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away

”Dream On" - Aerosmith - 1973

I stopped singing years ago. I refuse.

This is because we never signed Leon Knight, when we had the chance. I had the greatest terrace song ever for the day we signed Leon Knight. Kraftwerk fans will be familiar with it:

"Leon Knight,

Shimmering Leon Knight,

And at the fall of night,

This city's red and white.

Leon Knight........"

Not only would we have had the greatest pop song adapted onto the terraces, everbut that play off final v Brighton might've worked out differently too......

38 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

I stopped singing years ago. I refuse.

This is because we never signed Leon Knight, when we had the chance. I had the greatest terrace song ever for the day we signed Leon Knight. Kraftwerk fans will be familiar with it:

"Leon Knight,

Shimmering Leon Knight,

And at the fall of night,

This city's red and white.

Leon Knight........"

Not only would we have had the greatest pop song adapted onto the terraces, everbut that play off final v Brighton might've worked out differently too......

You better bloody sing tomorrow, or else there'll be more disorder in the 'Section'.

14 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Cheers.

Hat Man.

And if that doesn’t fire you up, a certain Mr Holloway will be there. We really need an atmosphere, it’s been dead for a while now.

Archived