IGNORED

BCTV

Esmond Million's Bung

It is not available to us mugs who coughed up £110.  I e-mailed the club and they responded telling me that the next fixture available to us subscribers will be City v Fulham on 21st February.  I consider this an utter disgrace and I am seeking legal opinion (most of my relatives are lawyers).  One game per month is not what we signed up for!

11 minutes ago, Red Bill said:

It is not available to us mugs who coughed up £110.  I e-mailed the club and they responded telling me that the next fixture available to us subscribers will be City v Fulham on 21st February.  I consider this an utter disgrace and I am seeking legal opinion (most of my relatives are lawyers).  One game per month is not what we signed up for!

Not to sure you got a case

2.3. For match footage shown on a live basis (certain geographical territories only) not all Club matches will be available for viewing on a ‘live’ basis. This is due to, amongst other things, restrictions with television broadcasters.

21 minutes ago, Red Bill said:

I didn't realise when I subscribed that there would be so many matches shown on Sky and others .

I feel that the BCTV offer is not a valid contract.

There should be a minimum number of live games available for the 110 quid , nowhere I can think of would any one pay for something not knowing what they could expect to get for the money .

What adds insult to injury is that the better our results , the more important the matches are , the less chance we get to use our subscription.

If we had been crap we'd have had better value for money ! 

It's unjust and 110 quid is not pocket money . 

There should be in place a compensation when a certain number of matches are not available in this service .

What makes it particularly annoying is that on the rare occasions when a match is broadcast by BCTV, the chances are that it will freeze, break down or just be unwatchable.  I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of trouble free games I have seen (and I am not from Swindon).

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

The shame is if we had been poor this season, less games would have been on Sky and people would have benefited more from the coverage

I would be distraught if my team was winning games in an attractive style meaning tv would want to show more of our games:yawn: luckily it will never happen to little old Bristol City:whistle:, but I know what your saying

Must admit had not realised QPR game was not on BCTV as it's not on Sky, but seems it's not so will just have to find a good stream.

None-the-less, in contradiction to many, I still think BCTV is fantastic value for money (I pay monthly) and would go with it even if double the price!

I've not had many problems with freezing etc, most matches have been fine watching using Chrome.

2 hours ago, The_Don said:

I do feel for fans abroad, they are getting nowhere near the service offered in return for parting with their cash up front.

Surely the club should be issuing a part refund @AdamB?

It was explained from the start that it's essentially just the non-televised games. It's just part of having a successful season that we're getting more media coverage.

Not trying to pour salt on the wound for BCTV peeps but City v QPR is on live on BeIn sports 2 at 2.30am for Australian and Kiwi viewers.

https://connect-au.beinsports.com/en/subscribe?gclid=Cj0KCQiAwKvTBRC2ARIsAL0Dgk3BPCCqksnffGEE4RIwZW1iIG3CcY3z8DNRge_XejkOZK-zDiNQRucaAjz2EALw_wcB 

also on the net with a 2 week free trial included with first month.

A VPN should let you watch if there are access problems from UK (doubt it) - streaming in HD on the net, with replays.

I hope that helps.

Surprisingly its a subsidiary of Al-Jazeera!

Just tried to register for Sligo thingy in usa, espn3 is a stream only channel, only usa channel showing champ footie. Everything great, 7 days free trial BUT credit card postcode had to be in usa..... arrrrrr.  Would have been nice not to have to resort to the usual streaming sites.

2 hours ago, SX227 said:

Not trying to pour salt on the wound for BCTV peeps but City v QPR is on live on BeIn sports 2 at 2.30am for Australian and Kiwi viewers.

https://connect-au.beinsports.com/en/subscribe?gclid=Cj0KCQiAwKvTBRC2ARIsAL0Dgk3BPCCqksnffGEE4RIwZW1iIG3CcY3z8DNRge_XejkOZK-zDiNQRucaAjz2EALw_wcB 

also on the net with a 2 week free trial included with first month.

A VPN should let you watch if there are access problems from UK (doubt it) - streaming in HD on the net, with replays.

I hope that helps.

Surprisingly its a subsidiary of Al-Jazeera!

Bein sports used to be called Al-Jazeera. Name change for obvious reasons.

6 hours ago, Red Bill said:

Hahahaha. Two comments - ‘Bullshit’ and ‘Get a grip’. And also, don’t waste your time, you’ll never win anything. What you signed up for was clearly displayed, and if sky or international broadcaster choose us, BCTV can’t be used, you knew that when you payed, or at least should’ve had you read the press releases on it. 

I coughed up the £110, and have not been able to watch a single game. I wish at the outset of the season, a monthly option was available (that came later), and I could have tested it out for a month.

I'm now going to pay for the audio, which wasn't included in the video subscription, because at least that streams ok. Of course, it renders my phone absolutely useless for 2 hours, which is a huge disappointment compared to what Player offered previously.

All in all, terribly underwhelmed.

6 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

Hahahaha. Two comments - ‘Bullshit’ and ‘Get a grip’. And also, don’t waste your time, you’ll never win anything. What you signed up for was clearly displayed, and if sky or international broadcaster choose us, BCTV can’t be used, you knew that when you payed, or at least should’ve had you read the press releases on it. 

Thank you for your comments.  Have a nice day.

9 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

It was explained from the start that it's essentially just the non-televised games. It's just part of having a successful season that we're getting more media coverage.

Indeed and even if due to our success 10 games end up being shown live on Sky etc, that still gives 36 games for £110, just £3.05 per game, fantastic value for money!

6 hours ago, New2City said:

I coughed up the £110, and have not been able to watch a single game. I wish at the outset of the season, a monthly option was available (that came later), and I could have tested it out for a month.

I'm now going to pay for the audio, which wasn't included in the video subscription, because at least that streams ok. Of course, it renders my phone absolutely useless for 2 hours, which is a huge disappointment compared to what Player offered previously.

All in all, terribly underwhelmed.

If you’re on an apple device:

start playing the audio,

press home button to return to the home screen

swipe up to the control centre and press play.

Audio should then continue and you can use some other things on your phone, ie Facebook or Twitter, just not Safari.

14 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

Pay 110gbp for a streaming service where a camera man simply cannot do his job.  Doesn't even come with commentary.  Its the barest level of service possible, for a premium price, that is not always guaranteed.

I'm inclined to agree. Surprised that a club in our position is happy to accept such amateurish camera-work, with no commentary, and that the number of screened matches seems to be diminishing all the time. Unacceptable. I'll be reluctant to renew unless there is some balance or fairness to this (eg the fee is related to the amount of games screened). Would be interested to hear the clubs response to this @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

Archived