IGNORED

Joe Bryan - best LB ever?

Robbored

He was magnificent today and I sat there thinking just how good this lad is and how he compares to the likes of Barnard. Scott. Bailey and Bell and concluded that he's better than all of them. Only Barnard comes close.

His skill and ability hasn't gone unnoticed but lets all hope that we can hold onto him.

Honestly feel he could play in any team in the world bar the top 10 or so. Hope when he does eventually leave he chooses the right club. Better than Newcastle, West Brom and Brighton. He can play for a top 10 side imo. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Burnley come in for him. They have a history of buying from the championship and a left side of him and Brady would pose many problems. 

I thought he looked a little lost after Baker went off especially when QPR were crossing into the box, he let their player drift off the back. That might be due to Wright being in that CB role where he doesn’t have the height to take out the cross.

Second half was much better and getting the goal certainly got him going again....I think Mags coming on gave Joe that freedom to play how he likes. 

15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

His skill and ability hasn't gone unnoticed but lets all hope that we can hold onto him.

Four days left in the transfer window. SSN tonight; "Everton, Newcastle & Brighton are all interested in Joe Bryan".

10 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

For me, Mickey Bell was my personal fave.  Bryan though will go on to play for England, so he must be the better player.

Still dont think thats as such a certainty as many like to believe on here.. his next choice of club will be crucial as to weather or not he does it in the big league or not.. its still a big step up to that level and to consistently do it week in week out will be a task for Bryan imho. Still a great player for us though not knocking that.

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He was magnificent today and I sat there thinking just how good this lad is and how he compares to the likes of Barnard. Scott. Bailey and Bell and concluded that he's better than all of them. Only Barnard comes close.

Just doing his job

38 minutes ago, cityboy99 said:

I was only saying to a mate today that last season i slated Bryan for most the season. But this season hes been absolute amazing its either him or Flint for player of season so far.

And yet for me it's a two horse race between Reid and Smith. Shows how great they are all playing. 

Defensively not yet, but he might get there. For me Drysdale would get the nod defensively, Bell as a crosser if the ball, but  Joe gets the nod as an attacking threat. Cooper probably won the most free kicks by using his nous and experience to run into the back of wingers  

Thresher, as someone mentioned may have been the best but I don’t remember seeing him. Apparently he once marked the legendary Stanley Matthews out of the game. Mike Summerbee named him as the hardest player he ever faced. He remarked that while playing for Swindon, Thresher had sent him to the stands 3 times in the first 5 minutes. 

Archived