IGNORED

Cold water, shocking PA

Bristol Rob

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

In December 2016, I saw on social media a story about a fan boasting that he lifted a megaphone and chanted using it. Was it mentioned on here? Maybe, can't recall.

Long story short... Megaphones quite possibly forms part of backup plan if PA fails or falters in an emergency. Green Guide also indicates 'loud hailers'...basically megaphones.

We might need megaphones full time the way things are going ...

33 minutes ago, Cider Army said:

http://tgbaker.com/stadia-public-address-systems 

Seems this company won the contract to install the pa at Ashton gate when redeveloped,Also Wolves, Manchester city,Southampton,Rotherham used them.

So why is our system so bad.

The sound and PA quality in Manchester was outstandingly good.

Guess it all comes down to spend.

13 hours ago, screech said:

S19 I couldn't hear a thing.

That is so weird. You were in s19 for the rugby? I could hear everything, the details of the charity for the bucket collectors, the scores and time left, the substitutes, 10 mins in the sin bin, head injury acessment. All clear. I thought how nice it was compared to the Dolman. I always sit here for the rugby and never had any issues, but the quality of the PA the day before as I said was worse than ever in the Dolman

21 hours ago, Tomarse said:

They also played Roni Size Pre Match. I like Roni's music but he's a diehard gashead. Would you get Oasis being played at Old Traford? Not a chance.

What exactly did Massive Attack do so wrong @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO ?? We embrace the Wurzels yet shun a band who even thanked the club on their first LP..

Hi @Tomarse Let me know what Massive Attack track you want to hear and ill make sure the match day DJ adds it to his playlist... along with any other local bands. 

2 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi @Tomarse Let me know what Massive Attack track you want to hear and ill make sure the match day DJ adds it to his playlist... along with any other local bands. 

I'm not Tomarse but it's got to be Angel surely? Moodiest ******* track ever. Unfinished Sympathy would be good an all.

6 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'm not Tomarse but it's got to be Angel surely? Moodiest ******* track ever. Unfinished Sympathy would be good an all.

Safe from harm for me. Midnight rockers, City Slickers.

However I think a pretty match day music thread with suggestions would be a better idea than just my thoughts! 

On 28/01/2018 at 18:27, Dollymarie said:

The PA system sadly isn’t helped by a certain match day announcer who likes to scream what he’s trying to say into the microphone, distorting things even further. :gaah:

Bring back Tim Shires! 

Just reminded me of the comedy gold of announcing the QPR sub about 5 minutes after play resumed :laugh: 

13 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Just reminded me of the comedy gold of announcing the QPR sub about 5 minutes after play resumed :laugh: 

And Bobby scoring the second v ManC! 

On 1/28/2018 at 10:37, Bristol Rob said:

Anyone else notice a lack of hot water in the gents today?

Additionally, the public address system in my bit of the Dolman was beyond terrible today, couldn't make put a word (S32)

The only positive to this was that with there being no hot water today, the hand driers seemed less cold than usual!

WTF Hand driers Cold water, PA system moans...what happened to football? Did we win.... or was your day out spoiled by the lack of hot water and the p.a unable to identify the teams for you :P

We play in red at home, if it helps. The team in the Blue and white hoops lost, Happy now?  :clap:

1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

WTF Hand driers Cold water, PA system moans...what happened to football? Did we win.... or was your day out spoiled by the lack of hot water and the p.a unable to identify the teams for you :P

We play in red at home, if it helps. The team in the Blue and white hoops lost, Happy now?  :clap:

More than aware of that. But if there are snags and defects after someone has dropped over forty million quid tarting the place up, they probably want to know that before they move out of warranty.

Believe it's prudent to protect an investment.

On 1/28/2018 at 19:02, Mad Cyril said:

I can assure you the temperature in the gents was definitely warm. Almost body temperature.

More concerning was the lack of clear signage. Which was why I ended up washing my hands in the urinal by mistake. Imagine my embarrassment.

hence the smaller queues for the sinks after you peed in them ;)

On 29/01/2018 at 18:52, BRISTOL86 said:

And starting to read the subs out pre match before finishing listing the first 11, certainly out of sync with the gifs on the screens.

On 1/28/2018 at 12:15, Tomarse said:

They also played Roni Size Pre Match. I like Roni's music but he's a diehard gashead. Would you get Oasis being played at Old Traford? Not a chance.

What exactly did Massive Attack do so wrong @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO ?? We embrace the Wurzels yet shun a band who even thanked the club on their first LP..

On 1/28/2018 at 18:27, Dollymarie said:

The PA system sadly isn’t helped by a certain match day announcer who likes to scream what he’s trying to say into the microphone, distorting things even further. :gaah:

Bring back Tim Shires! 

I'm not in the role anymore but one thing I prided myself on was being a City fan and knowing what to play... and what not to play. Sometimes the playlist was tailored as to who we were playing and on a few occasions, the opposing manager too. In my opinion, pre-match music isnt just there for background purposes - it should be there to add to the atmosphere... I never played Roni Size, but tried to play Massive Attack where possible. 

Marie - I am humbled by "bring back Tim Shires" and would come back in a heartbeat. But in defense of the announcer in question and the PA System in general, its had issues from the day it was installed. Admittedly, I identified one of the major issues straight away but it took quite a bit of time until my advice was taken into consideration - which turned out to be correct (mic paddles). I worked well with the installers of the PA and had a good relationship with them but that was cut short in the summer. So any issues going forward were out of my hands!  

On 1/29/2018 at 09:43, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Matt, we havent met but think you are doing a great job so far. I've offered to Mark Kelly to assist with matchday music. Let me know if you fancy a chat! 

Archived