IGNORED

Times Newspaper Article Today - Warnock

cityfan

Great article in the Sunday Times today which is a part focus on Manchester United, but primarily Cardiff City.  Chairman Mehmet Dalman, says he always advises City (financial, City of London) folk that if they want to know about management then they should speak with Warnock.  What I love about Warnock is that like Guardiola and Ferguson, he manages people.  So much today with managers is about how much money can I have because without the money I can't win anything.  Now whilst Guardiola and Ferguson undoubtedly have and had money, there is no denying they did manage and improve players.  They also stayed boss and got the respect of the players.

Warnock has no money (less than us) and has put together a team that plays as a team and for their manager.  Almost like Leicester a few years ago.  He focuses on the team and whilst I am certain he is a strong individual, I think that earns him respect and means that the team executes what he says (or else!).  The net result is that he always delivers a team capable of winning and his promotion success back that up.  For me, it was a great shame that he didn't come here after Gary Johnson's demise.  I think if he had, City would have made it to the Premier League by now, no doubt about it. I imagine the reason he didn't come here and it is a pure guess, is that Steve Lansdown possibly didn't fancy that type of character at City.  A shame if so because Warnock has always praised City and certainly had a yearning to manage here.

Now we have Lee Johnson and he is doing a great job.  Whilst I doubt he is the strong vocal character that the three above undoubtedly are, he is creating (has) a team of individuals and akin to the above, he is showing his managerial qualities, his ability to manage people rather that buy high priced individuals who one hopes might get me a result.  It will be interesting to see who gets that second automatic promotion spot, but I think it will be one of City or Cardiff.  IF not, then City and Cardiff in the play-offs is going to be monumental, especially if it is the final.

1 hour ago, cityfan said:

Great article in the Sunday Times today which is a part focus on Manchester United, but primarily Cardiff City.  Chairman Mehmet Dalman, says he always advises City (financial, City of London) folk that if they want to know about management then they should speak with Warnock.  What I love about Warnock is that like Guardiola and Ferguson, he manages people.  So much today with managers is about how much money can I have because without the money I can't win anything.  Now whilst Guardiola and Ferguson undoubtedly have and had money, there is no denying they did manage and improve players.  They also stayed boss and got the respect of the players.

He's never managed to get me to like him!!!

:no:

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I quite like Warnock (tin hat on), apart from the times we are in direct confrontation with him, or in the case this season challenging fir the same prize.

Charismatic leaders often get lots of people to like them. I can think of loads of examples!

I love how he constantly moans about referees and tries to intimidate them at any given opportunity. I love how he gets his players to cheat and fake injury in order to gain an advantage. I love his selective memory in post match interviews, and his style of football is a joy to behold. In summary the bloke is a T#%T, I still can’t quite understand the love in for him on otib, the mind boggles. And comparing him to Guardiola and Ferguson is actually hilarious.

Apparently this is from the Mail on Sunday

There was a big article with an interview with Neil Warnock. It cracked me up. He said ‘At Cardiff, Bristol City are our the enemy, and there is a lot going on when we play each other. We’re both doing well, so the rivalry’s even bigger. Cyril’s Regis dies, Jimmy Armfield dies......people all around me from my era are dying or dead. When I go (he’s 70 now), I hope Bristol City remember me fondly cos of all the good times I’ve given them. But when I go I would like them to not give me silence but chant ‘Warnock is a wnaker’ non-stop over and over again for a while minute. That would be my ideal. They’d all smile cos they all know that would mean a lot to me. As daft as it sounds, it matters because it would mean I’ve stirred emotions. I’ve helped people love football’.

5 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

There was a big article with an interview with Neil Warnock. It cracked me up. He said ‘At Cardiff, Bristol City are our the enemy, and there is a lot going on when we play each other. We’re both doing well, so the rivalry’s even bigger. Cyril’s Regis dies, Jimmy Armfield dies......people all around me from my era are dying or dead. When I go (he’s 70 now), I hope Bristol City remember me fondly cos of all the good times I’ve given them. But when I go I would like them to not give me silence but chant ‘Warnock is a wnaker’ non-stop over and over again for a while minute. That would be my ideal. They’d all smile cos they all know that would mean a lot to me. As daft as it sounds, it matters because it would mean I’ve stirred emotions. I’ve helped people love football’.

Why wait till he goes - I'm sure we can do that next game for him(and for longer than a minute as well)

6 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

Well if that's what he really wants...

21 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

I love football but not the cynical, joy sapping crap that his teams serve up . 

He hasn't moved on since his Burton days .

Effective ? maybe , attractive ? never .

Archived