IGNORED

Famara Diedhiou & Bobby Reid

LostScotsman

Thought I'd start a thread to give credit where its due to this pair - they worked their arse off yesterday after Baker's red card. Chasing back, pressing passbacks and bursting a gut to make runs & even with throw-ins etc. Totally refreshing to see this front a front pair, and its a credit to the attitude Johnson has seemingly instilled. The big lad fair earned his standing ovation.

I'm looking forwards to him & Bobby banging a few more in at the Gate.

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Anyone else feel a genuine sort of connection to the players? Just seem so likeable, there really are no knobheads in the team any more. 

It’s the togetherness thing, all in it together, working for each other, generally delighted when someone scores....perhaps they just wanna see the gifs!  Bit like 14/15 in some respects.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

It’s the togetherness thing, all in it together, working for each other, generally delighted when someone scores....perhaps they just wanna see the gifs!  Bit like 14/15 in some respects.

It's fantastic to see, honestly, compared to the dross we've had to tolerate for years, it's almost as though we're finally getting it right.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Absolutely Outstanding..............We have transformed into a great side under LJ

It feels like he's created the same kind of dressing room that SC created a league below. 

I moved to Bristol in 1994 & was at my first City game a day later, this is the best team I've seen us have.

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Anyone else feel a genuine sort of connection to the players? Just seem so likeable, there really are no knobheads in the team any more. 

Yes! All work hard, no Tomlin-esque chatting to the referee and when they score it looks like it means something. This could be due to Johnson or seeing how bad last season was and wanting to correct that.

I would just like to say Famara is a breath of fresh air, he plays the game with a huge smile on his face, which is hugely refreshing in this day and age of players earning fortunes and looking miserable like they've got to join Mr Sinclair from the gas hunting around in Lidl's dustbins to find a square meal and a card box to live in, thinking about it Kodjia was a bit of a misery in comparison.

3 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

I bang on about the boys so much my girlfriend is starting to think I’m turning.....

What I like most about the team and famara's integration, is you so often hear foreign players do not fit into the British cliques in the changing room.

Much to his credit not only has Famera improved his english no end, his team mates seem to genuinely love the bloke. The team really did enjoy the celebrations with him. It must only help his game that he has been accepted into the team as one of the lads.

I believe because of this we are only going to see him get better as he is able to take his game forward without pressure.

On a personal note I love the way he plays the game with a beaming smile on his face... reminds me of Matt Hill, possibly my favourite player

1 hour ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Fammy running over to the physio when he scored almost puts a tear in my eye, love that 

45 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I would just like to say Famara is a breath of fresh air, he plays the game with a huge smile on his face, which is hugely refreshing in this day and age of players earning fortunes and looking miserable like they've got to join Mr Sinclair from the gas hunting around in Lidl's dustbins to find a square meal and a card box to live in, thinking about it Kodjia was a bit of a misery in comparison.

11 minutes ago, TRL said:

What I like most about the team and famara's integration, is you so often hear foreign players do not fit into the British cliques in the changing room.

Much to his credit not only has Famera improved his english no end, his team mates seem to genuinely love the bloke. The team really did enjoy the celebrations with him. It must only help his game that he has been accepted into the team as one of the lads.

I believe because of this we are only going to see him get better as he is able to take his game forward without pressure.

On a personal note I love the way he plays the game with a beaming smile on his face... reminds me of Matt Hill, possibly my favourite player

I couldn't help but notice how many of the players applauded Fammy when he was subbed, he has a really infectious enthusiasm for the game and they all seem pleased to see him back. @TRL you see the game the same way as me, I too loved Matt Hill's obvious enjoyment of the game and I see the same in Famara.

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I couldn't help but notice how many of the players applauded Fammy when he was subbed, he has a really infectious enthusiasm for the game and they all seem pleased to see him back. @TRL you see the game the same way as me, I too loved Matt Hill's obvious enjoyment of the game and I see the same in Famara.

Yep that's pretty much how I like to see the game played. I hate watching miserable sods kicking a ball about, not celebrating when they score.

Give me the Matty Hill and Farama Diedhiou's of this world every single time.

All of our players have talent...however it's noticeable how players that have been with us a while, have developed and understood how important our game plan is when working hard off the ball.

Famara and Reid work incredibly hard on the front line. Harassing and closing down high up the pitch.

I've noticed with our new recruits, Kent and Walsh and unfairly and briefly Diony, how they have yet to get ingrained our urgency when pressing the opposition when out of possession.

You watch our 'seasoned' players and you see the 'triggers' where they sprint in to action with high intensity.

You noticed it with Kent when compared to Brownhill on Saturday...and slightly when Walsh has played.

Diony was aware of his positioning, but rarely harassed with intensity like Reid and Famara do.

All will eventually get it ( I hope ) as it's what has made us so successful this season...what we do off the ball.

Our work rate with 10 men and desire on Saturday was fantastic.

I also think we've learnt a lot after playing against Man City....did you notice how we broke in numbers when winning the ball.

The JB goal was text book Man City.

14 hours ago, TRL said:

Exactly. The team clearly loves him, it's rare you see the team posting about another teammate's goal on their own Instagram pictures but a few of them did on Saturday about Famara.

Hopefully it'll help with Diony being there too, especially as his English is even better. I loved watching Kodjia play but he gave the impression he was a bit of a mercenary. I remember reading he made basically no attempt to learn English whilst here and clearly wanted to move elsewhere. He seems the type who'd happily play in China or Dubai during his prime just because of the money. Actually, if Villa don't go up I wouldn't be surprised if he does just that.

I really like Famara's attitude and I have also enjoyed Diony's enthusiasm about being here. Whether slightly unprofessional or not, he was desperate to announce his move to Bristol City on all his social media channels. I don't think I've seen such enthusiasm about joining before from a new signing.

In addition to his Instagram page which most of us have seen, @Ian M alerted me to Lois' Facebook site which is run by Diony himself and not a PR agency - https://www.facebook.com/LoisDiony9/ look at this, he changed his display picture to our badge and the cover picture to our stadium before he was even announced!

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

That's the reason I have a gut feeling that Flinty will stay, I know money speaks but this group do seem have a special bond.

58 minutes ago, spudski said:

All of our players have talent...however it's noticeable how players that have been with us a while, have developed and understood how important our game plan is when working hard off the ball.

Famara and Reid work incredibly hard on the front line. Harassing and closing down high up the pitch.

I've noticed with our new recruits, Kent and Walsh and unfairly and briefly Diony, how they have yet to get ingrained our urgency when pressing the opposition when out of possession.

You watch our 'seasoned' players and you see the 'triggers' where they sprint in to action with high intensity.

You noticed it with Kent when compared to Brownhill on Saturday...and slightly when Walsh has played.

Diony was aware of his positioning, but rarely harassed with intensity like Reid and Famara do.

All will eventually get it ( I hope ) as it's what has made us so successful this season...what we do off the ball.

Our work rate with 10 men and desire on Saturday was fantastic.

I also think we've learnt a lot after playing against Man City....did you notice how we broke in numbers when winning the ball.

The JB goal was text book Man City.

Until I watched our games v Man City, I hadn't appreciated how Pep has introduced the concept whereby some of their most dangerous attacking opportunities start when they're defending a corner, breaking quickly in numbers at the time when the opposition has committed defenders forward. It's quite brilliant!

I noticed on Saturday how we tried to do similar on occasion. I hope that we continue with the tactic. 

16 hours ago, maxjak said:

Absolutely Outstanding..............We have transformed into a great side under LJ

Fantastic to see such comments after all the talk we were hearing about sacking LJ last season. Time & hard work really has turned around the fortunes of this fantastic "family" club.

Archived