IGNORED

Man City vs Cardiff

SedRA

Pretty much every post on Blue Moon has Man City fans livid with Cardiff and Warnock.

Funny that we face six games against Premier League teams and left with a bit of credit for the way we’re doing things, while Cardiff go one 90 minutes and everyone works them out of the one-dimensional trash they are.

Vincent Tan’s Red Dragons doing wonders for the Championship’s reputation once again.

3 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

Just been on the Baaadiff forum and apparently Cardiff can be pleased with that as the Man City team today was better than they played against us in either leg.

Really?

It's like listening to the Blue Few - the other Blue Few, that is...

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

In reply to Guardiola's complaints about Cardiff tackling Colin's said "what does he expect if they try and play pretty football like that, this is England"

Well done Colin, 20 years behind the times.

English football will always be more physical, but kicking the opposition up in the air isn't a tactic. Any old mug could tell the players to do that.

2 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

In reply to Guardiola's complaints about Cardiff tackling Colin's said "what does he expect if they try and play pretty football like that, this is England"

Cardiff = England?

Would seem that Colin knows as much about modern football as he does about geography!

As for calling Cardiff a s*it Newport County, that's very unfair to Newport. They got a draw against Spurs & a replay at Wembley playing football rather than studs-up karate...

You’d have to argue this is a setback for the FA cup in general. Pep shows great respect to the esteemed cup and is rewarded with one of his star players being hacked down and injured for a month.

Man City could have won that game resting a few players. What reason would they have for not resting players next time?

Disgraceful from Cardiff.

Great exchange between a MC and Cardiff fan on the Guardian website:

Job done.
That cowardly s***house Bennett should have been off in the first half.
Hope Bristol City are promoted at Cardiff's expense.
F*****g yard dogs.

15 hours ago, Aizoon said:

Well, we played football against Citeh and Cardiff kicked them up in the air. Anyone still want Warnock at the Gate?

What a difference a few days makes.

MOTD had Lawro saying how the level of fouling by Cardiff was what you see every week in the Championship. Except we saw Bristol City over two legs put in a fantastic footballing performance against us without needing to resort to multiple fouls or legbreakers out of frustration.

Cardiff's fans started out with a lukewarm 'boo every time the opposition had the ball' but then couldn't even maintain that, instead just complaining about the handful of decisions the ref actually got sort of not quite right.

You lot were superb as fans, recognising good football no matter which team was doing it, and staying and singing your hearts out right to the end.

Comparing Cardiff's performance last night to Bristol City over two legs isn't so much chalk and cheese as neanderthal man's 'ugg me smash' to a Space X engineer passionate about their job.

On the one hand, I really hope you top the table and get the guaranteed promotion, on the other I'd love to see you smash them in the playoffs and deny it to them. Then again, you'd probably get 4 players taken out and a goal denied, so maybe just go on and win the thing outright.

In short, and as per a lot of City fans around social media talking about the contrast, you're a class set of fans and you play football, not thuggery, so hope you go all the way and look forward (ish, because you're not going to be easy points for anyone) to seeing you in the PL next season

36 minutes ago, OneTeamInManchester said:

What a difference a few days makes.

MOTD had Lawro saying how the level of fouling by Cardiff was what you see every week in the Championship. Except we saw Bristol City over two legs put in a fantastic footballing performance against us without needing to resort to multiple fouls or legbreakers out of frustration.

Cardiff's fans started out with a lukewarm 'boo every time the opposition had the ball' but then couldn't even maintain that, instead just complaining about the handful of decisions the ref actually got sort of not quite right.

You lot were superb as fans, recognising good football no matter which team was doing it, and staying and singing your hearts out right to the end.

Comparing Cardiff's performance last night to Bristol City over two legs isn't so much chalk and cheese as neanderthal man's 'ugg me smash' to a Space X engineer passionate about their job.

On the one hand, I really hope you top the table and get the guaranteed promotion, on the other I'd love to see you smash them in the playoffs and deny it to them. Then again, you'd probably get 4 players taken out and a goal denied, so maybe just go on and win the thing outright.

In short, and as per a lot of City fans around social media talking about the contrast, you're a class set of fans and you play football, not thuggery, so hope you go all the way and look forward (ish, because you're not going to be easy points for anyone) to seeing you in the PL next season

Outrageous kind words - I’d suggest there are a few sides in the Championship who would prefer the try-and-play approach even against a team of your quality (Wolves and Derby more than likely, and I’d suggest Sheffield United too), but you had the misfortune of facing a side coached by the Mephistopheles of South Yorkshire, and any club who bargains with him loses part of their soul (which usually results in opposition players losing part of their season).

Hope that whoever it is manages to escape this league upwards it is someone who embraces football over thuggery, regardless if that is us.

34 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I can see more of the same when we play their mob next month. God I hope we can do them. 

Aye, was thinking similar.

Warnock’s reaction post-game tells you all you need to know; if he suspects we’ll do them playing football, he’ll turn it into a wrestling match - just hope we have too much for his cloggers over 90 mins.

44 minutes ago, samo II said:

Warnock’s reaction post-game tells you all you need to know; if he suspects we’ll do them playing football, he’ll turn it into a wrestling match - just hope we have too much for his cloggers over 90 mins.

The irony is that we outplayed and out-muscled them at Ashton Gate.  But I have no doubt that Warnock will send out his combatants to kick us up in the air in the return fixture.  Hopefully we won't rise to it and we'll get a result with resorting to brawling.

Truth is, with Flint, Wright, Pack, Diédhiou and Diony available, I don't think Warnock's s**t tactics will be enough.  And after hearing Ryan Kent's first interview, I'd be checking him for weapons before he leaves the dressing room.

Where are these mythical stats that show us to be more of a long ball team than Cardiff? What they are probably getting confused with is we probably play slightly more Long balls than them BUT with far more possession than they get. If the stat was percentage of Long balls played they would beat us hands down!!

27 minutes ago, Red said:

The telling part is that he didn't berate Bennett for his fouling, but that he picked up a second yellow.

A word to the wise Colin. If you send out your players to commit GBH, don't act surprised or agrieved if even the most lenient of referees eventually starts to punish them. And given Bennett's style of "play", I would have thought that he would have been well up for a trip to Elland Road.

Can't think of many occasions when I have ever wanted to Leeds to win any game (except perhaps against ManUre) but I will make an exception for the rabble from over the bridge...

12 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

That Cardiff fan from the guardian article is right that they are above us in the fair play table.. in fact we are third bottom!  I certainly wouldnt call us a dirty side.

No, we couldn't be considered dirty. Bit of a surprise we're that low in something I'd expect us to be nearer the top. Mind you , we can even get a player banned for being fouled/assaulted so what hope when we commit an offence???

19 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

That Cardiff fan from the guardian article is right that they are above us in the fair play table.. in fact we are third bottom!  I certainly wouldnt call us a dirty side.

Which "fair play table" are you looking at?

The FA have us in 11th and Cardiff in 13th with 4 points difference between the two sides (and this includes Matty Taylor's rescinded red card).

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/fairplay

(Yes, I realise there's an obvious glitch with Sunderland's record!)

Archived