Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RedSA

Man City vs Cardiff

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

If I was a Cardiff fan, which thank the Lord I'm not sir, I would be ashamed of that.

Too right even more shamefull is the fact that one of their main messageboards only got 23 replies for the matchday thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Just been on the Baaadiff forum and apparently Cardiff can be pleased with that as the Man City team today was better than they played against us in either leg.

Really?

What a baffling comment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

'What today showed was how far apart in quality we are from Bristol City, let alone Man City'

Someone knows their apples on the Cardiff forum.

Surprisingly...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RedKatieScarlett said:

Man City forum is furious... HUGE contrast from the comments on Tuesday...

Difference between us and Cardiff is between a team with asprations to excellence and a bunch of thugs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

It was a shocker :blink:

IMG_3281.JPG

With a 'tackle' like that, surely his shirt should read Visit Hospital...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He could trip him, but no... the bloke goes and does him with the studs. Absolute, total disgrace.

They have to change the rule about if he is booked, it can't be punished again. Must change.

Hang your head in shame Warnock, thankfully your sort are a dying breed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, INCRED said:

And we have to play them still so dare say will be dishing out the same to us as Colin will want to make sure we leave with a few casualties to halt our promotion push

We have to hope that the ref due to do our game was watching today and was as disgusted as the rest of us.

All he has to do then is ignore the bluster and bullshit that Warnock comes out with and we ought to be OK.

I really ******* dislike him intensely. How anyone in their right mind could want him anywhere near AG is beyond me. I`d rather not go up than have us play like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

Just been on the Baaadiff forum and apparently Cardiff can be pleased with that as the Man City team today was better than they played against us in either leg.

Really?

Yeah because Stones and David Silva are absolute donkeys who weaken that team, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Southport Red said:

Yeah because Stones and David Silva are absolute donkeys who weaken that team, right?

I know mate. I swear Cardiff fans share one brain cell between the lot of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice quote on BlueMoon

 

Just for one moment think about the way Lee Johnson conducted not only himself but his side and compare it to the dinosaur we faced today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

He could trip him, but no... the bloke goes and does him with the studs. Absolute, total disgrace.

They have to change the rule about if he is booked, it can't be punished again. Must change.

Hang your head in shame Warnock, thankfully your sort are a dying breed.

See my post #123.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder what @MCFC is thinking about the utter pricks across the Severn?

Should've built a wall not a bridge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"It’s poor managers for me telling their players to do what they need to do to stop us. Mason was absolutely useless today but he wouldn’t have stopped that assault happening. Their player was set on it from the off. Warnock has a lot to answer for as does Hodgson, Benitez and Pochettino. Contrast that with how Bristol City played."

Another quote from the Manc forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst Cardiff may not be particularly fussed about going out, it just goes to show how little confidence they had in their own ability compared to the faith LJ has in our players and how that translated into our games against Man City. 

Hopefully a little knock to their confidence  going forward about whether they’ve got what it takes to get out of this league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Flagon said:

Whilst Cardiff may not be particularly fussed about going out, it just goes to show how little confidence they had in their own ability compared to the faith LJ has in our players and how that translated into our games against Man City. 

Hopefully a little knock to their confidence  going forward about whether they’ve got what it takes to get out of this league.

Or hopefully they just die away and leave their horrendous football in 1987.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

 

All music to our ears. Will Colin care? Probably not, but now everyone knows what they are about and what we are about. Thanks for posting those

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty much every post on Blue Moon has Man City fans livid with Cardiff and Warnock.

Funny that we face six games against Premier League teams and left with a bit of credit for the way we’re doing things, while Cardiff go one 90 minutes and everyone works them out of the one-dimensional trash they are.

Vincent Tan’s Red Dragons doing wonders for the Championship’s reputation once again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

Just been on the Baaadiff forum and apparently Cardiff can be pleased with that as the Man City team today was better than they played against us in either leg.

Really?

It's like listening to the Blue Few - the other Blue Few, that is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting comment from the Man City forum.

" The offender just misses a game against Leeds, Leroy could miss 4 weeks ffs "

And he  wouldn't even have got that if he hadn't been stupid enough to foul badly again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

In reply to Guardiola's complaints about Cardiff tackling Colin's said "what does he expect if they try and play pretty football like that, this is England"

Well done Colin, 20 years behind the times.

English football will always be more physical, but kicking the opposition up in the air isn't a tactic. Any old mug could tell the players to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

In reply to Guardiola's complaints about Cardiff tackling Colin's said "what does he expect if they try and play pretty football like that, this is England"

Cardiff = England?

Would seem that Colin knows as much about modern football as he does about geography!

As for calling Cardiff a s*it Newport County, that's very unfair to Newport. They got a draw against Spurs & a replay at Wembley playing football rather than studs-up karate...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’d have to argue this is a setback for the FA cup in general. Pep shows great respect to the esteemed cup and is rewarded with one of his star players being hacked down and injured for a month.

Man City could have won that game resting a few players. What reason would they have for not resting players next time?

Disgraceful from Cardiff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colin was saying you get all types Of challenges in English football? Don’t remember him saying that about Pack’s challenge a couple of months ago which was the equivalent of tickling a puppy on the belly!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worst bit about all of this is Cardiff fans on their forums stating that everyone is making too much of the incident and it shows how footballers are now pansies, pathetic... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

In reply to Guardiola's complaints about Cardiff tackling Colin's said "what does he expect if they try and play pretty football like that, this is England"

It's Wales actually, or doesn't he know where Cardiff actually is…:fear:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

De Bruyne "They play different to everybody else. A bit weird...

Yeah it's called prehistoric dinosaur Warnock crap , Kevin

I loved that comment! 

Hmm Cardiff…a bit weird :whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great exchange between a MC and Cardiff fan on the Guardian website:

Job done.
That cowardly s***house Bennett should have been off in the first half.
Hope Bristol City are promoted at Cardiff's expense.
F*****g yard dogs.

 Reply 
 Share
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

In reply to Guardiola's complaints about Cardiff tackling Colin's said "what does he expect if they try and play pretty football like that, this is England"

If he said that he should be up on a disrepute charge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Aizoon said:

Well, we played football against Citeh and Cardiff kicked them up in the air. Anyone still want Warnock at the Gate?

What a difference a few days makes.

MOTD had Lawro saying how the level of fouling by Cardiff was what you see every week in the Championship. Except we saw Bristol City over two legs put in a fantastic footballing performance against us without needing to resort to multiple fouls or legbreakers out of frustration.

Cardiff's fans started out with a lukewarm 'boo every time the opposition had the ball' but then couldn't even maintain that, instead just complaining about the handful of decisions the ref actually got sort of not quite right.

You lot were superb as fans, recognising good football no matter which team was doing it, and staying and singing your hearts out right to the end.

Comparing Cardiff's performance last night to Bristol City over two legs isn't so much chalk and cheese as neanderthal man's 'ugg me smash' to a Space X engineer passionate about their job.

On the one hand, I really hope you top the table and get the guaranteed promotion, on the other I'd love to see you smash them in the playoffs and deny it to them. Then again, you'd probably get 4 players taken out and a goal denied, so maybe just go on and win the thing outright.

In short, and as per a lot of City fans around social media talking about the contrast, you're a class set of fans and you play football, not thuggery, so hope you go all the way and look forward (ish, because you're not going to be easy points for anyone) to seeing you in the PL next season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, OneTeamInManchester said:

What a difference a few days makes.

MOTD had Lawro saying how the level of fouling by Cardiff was what you see every week in the Championship. Except we saw Bristol City over two legs put in a fantastic footballing performance against us without needing to resort to multiple fouls or legbreakers out of frustration.

Cardiff's fans started out with a lukewarm 'boo every time the opposition had the ball' but then couldn't even maintain that, instead just complaining about the handful of decisions the ref actually got sort of not quite right.

You lot were superb as fans, recognising good football no matter which team was doing it, and staying and singing your hearts out right to the end.

Comparing Cardiff's performance last night to Bristol City over two legs isn't so much chalk and cheese as neanderthal man's 'ugg me smash' to a Space X engineer passionate about their job.

On the one hand, I really hope you top the table and get the guaranteed promotion, on the other I'd love to see you smash them in the playoffs and deny it to them. Then again, you'd probably get 4 players taken out and a goal denied, so maybe just go on and win the thing outright.

In short, and as per a lot of City fans around social media talking about the contrast, you're a class set of fans and you play football, not thuggery, so hope you go all the way and look forward (ish, because you're not going to be easy points for anyone) to seeing you in the PL next season

Outrageous kind words - I’d suggest there are a few sides in the Championship who would prefer the try-and-play approach even against a team of your quality (Wolves and Derby more than likely, and I’d suggest Sheffield United too), but you had the misfortune of facing a side coached by the Mephistopheles of South Yorkshire, and any club who bargains with him loses part of their soul (which usually results in opposition players losing part of their season).

Hope that whoever it is manages to escape this league upwards it is someone who embraces football over thuggery, regardless if that is us.

34 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I can see more of the same when we play their mob next month. God I hope we can do them. 

Aye, was thinking similar.

Warnock’s reaction post-game tells you all you need to know; if he suspects we’ll do them playing football, he’ll turn it into a wrestling match - just hope we have too much for his cloggers over 90 mins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, samo II said:

 

Warnock’s reaction post-game tells you all you need to know; if he suspects we’ll do them playing football, he’ll turn it into a wrestling match - just hope we have too much for his cloggers over 90 mins.

The irony is that we outplayed and out-muscled them at Ashton Gate.  But I have no doubt that Warnock will send out his combatants to kick us up in the air in the return fixture.  Hopefully we won't rise to it and we'll get a result with resorting to brawling.

Truth is, with Flint, Wright, Pack, Diédhiou and Diony available, I don't think Warnock's s**t tactics will be enough.  And after hearing Ryan Kent's first interview, I'd be checking him for weapons before he leaves the dressing room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, italian dave said:

If he said that he should be up on a disrepute charge. 

...and a fail for Geography GCSE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where are these mythical stats that show us to be more of a long ball team than Cardiff? What they are probably getting confused with is we probably play slightly more Long balls than them BUT with far more possession than they get. If the stat was percentage of Long balls played they would beat us hands down!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Red said:

The telling part is that he didn't berate Bennett for his fouling, but that he picked up a second yellow.

A word to the wise Colin. If you send out your players to commit GBH, don't act surprised or agrieved if even the most lenient of referees eventually starts to punish them. And given Bennett's style of "play", I would have thought that he would have been well up for a trip to Elland Road.

Can't think of many occasions when I have ever wanted to Leeds to win any game (except perhaps against ManUre) but I will make an exception for the rabble from over the bridge...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Cardiff fan from the guardian article is right that they are above us in the fair play table.. in fact we are third bottom!  I certainly wouldnt call us a dirty side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

That Cardiff fan from the guardian article is right that they are above us in the fair play table.. in fact we are third bottom!  I certainly wouldnt call us a dirty side.

No, we couldn't be considered dirty. Bit of a surprise we're that low in something I'd expect us to be nearer the top. Mind you , we can even get a player banned for being fouled/assaulted so what hope when we commit an offence???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

That Cardiff fan from the guardian article is right that they are above us in the fair play table.. in fact we are third bottom!  I certainly wouldnt call us a dirty side.

Which "fair play table" are you looking at?

The FA have us in 11th and Cardiff in 13th with 4 points difference between the two sides (and this includes Matty Taylor's rescinded red card).

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/fairplay

(Yes, I realise there's an obvious glitch with Sunderland's record!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...