IGNORED

Amnesty

redsontour

52 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Yes.

Some of our fans are absolutely bizarre. I love giving him stick whenever he comes down here but it's nothing personal and all a good laugh. Some people get so wound  up by him it has them frothing at the mouth in rage. It's pathetic. He's a good bloke that takes stick as good as he gives it out, and he's an excellent football manager. I remember him getting thumped during the pitch invasion after beating Palace in the play offs, and he still had a joke about it and praised the club in his post match interview. 

The fact that some would rather re-live the McInnes/O'Driscoll seasons instead of getting a Championship promotion with Warnock, is beyond laughable.

Sorry, who said that? What I said was I’d rather see us play the football we play and I wouldn’t watch a season under Warnock. This isn’t about being promoted under Warnock and not under Johnson. 

Youve answered your own question. Cardiff are 1 above us playing horrible football and, as usual, he’s playing the victim each time they lose.

Whether he’s more effective, been more successful, is more experienced I don’t give a crap. Whether I’m entertained on my weekends off I do.

Personal opinion, but, I find your position as “bizarre” as you find mind. But that’s football. 

20 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think he’s probably created a team that passes the ball more in 1 match than any Warnock teams have done in the last 15 years..! Combined..! 

Haha fair point. My question was about acheivement which in sporting terms is generally about winning things. I couldnt recall if LJ had taken Oldham up.

2 minutes ago, redsontour said:

Sorry, who said that? What I said was I’d rather see us play the football we play and I wouldn’t watch a season under Warnock. This isn’t about being promoted under Warnock and not under Johnson.

I didn't say you said that. However Bar BS3 did.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

It’s not gloating..!

I’d rather be relegated without Warnock than have any kind of success under his style. 

8 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Haha fair point. My question was about acheivement which in sporting terms is generally about winning things. I couldnt recall if LJ had taken Oldham up.

No, he didn’t. I bet LJwill achieve more than Warnock during the next 30 years though..!

10 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

I didn't say you said that. However Bar BS3 did.

Would you rather enjoy an evening of kissing & cuddling with Rachel Riley, or just get more instant end result with a BJ from Gail Platt..?! 

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Would you rather enjoy an evening of kissing & cuddling with Rachel Riley, or just get more instant end result with a BJ from Gail Platt..?! 

Hahaha, didn't think I'd ever see the day when the disastrous McInnes/O'Driscoll relegation seasons were compared to kissing and cuddling Rachel Riley

3 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Hahaha, didn't think I'd ever see the day when the disastrous McInnes/O'Driscoll relegation seasons were compared to kissing and cuddling Rachel Riley

Pmsl... ! 

I was certainly referring to what we have now, rather than either of those periods..! 

If we are only taking SOD’s tenure into account, then I’d even rather take a bj off of David Platt..!!!

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

It’s not gloating..!

I’d rather be relegated without Warnock than have any kind of success under his style. 

I have told my mates who I go to football with that if either Colin or Holloway were ever manager of this club I would buy my season ticket,  hell I'd even come down to some of games but I couldn't bring myself to actually take my seat and watch a team managed by either of them. I'd rather stay in the concourse or sit on the wall outside. 

1 hour ago, bris red said:

Man what a difference 10 or so months makes in football. I like Lee Johnson, but lets not be in ANY doubt his position at points last term were untenable and obviously its impossible to put a figure on it but a good chunk of this club  wanted him not only gone but as far away from this club as possible..I think its fickle in the extreme to lambaste any fan that wanted Neil Warnock in last season, a Neil Warnock who let me remind people is managing a side above us in the league.

Like i said i do like Lee Johnson but has he become a great manager overnight seemingly? We are going great and im loving it but man some perspective would be nice. For the record Warnock is a very decent manager at this level and has achieved far more than Lee Johnson has in tier 2 of English football, so some respect probably wouldn't go a miss for him :yes:

do we just want to be promoted for one season playing awful football and then get relegated getting spanked every week as we don't have a style of play that can survive in the Premier and also damage the backgroom operations of the club?

Last year it was those who didn't want LJ out.

On this thread it's those who might have wanted Warnock.

There are some sanctimonious posters on here who really just want to bully people into their own opinions. Respect the fact some fellow reds have different opinions - please.

And for the record I wanted LJ out last season and wouldn't want Warnock here.

12 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

“The cream of young world talent...” - don’t think so, we are challenging well in the championship for one season for the first time in over a decade....that’s all....let’s not get carried away....

Nope, I stand by that one and I am anything but naive. The cream of young world talent is in England, hell, some of them are even amazingly English, as demonstrated by our age group success on the world stage recently.

The likes of MC, MU, Liverpool need their growing talent base to be playing games and I believe what we have done this season will be extremely attractive to them. 

Its got nothing about our past,  it’s all about what we are setup to do, and that sure as hell isnt going to be to fly to the top of the Prem, at least not for a few years. SL, MA and absolutely LJ are building something that the cream of the richest league in the world can take advantage of and, if they can, they will...

Wolves have strolled this league with overseas loans and played fantastic football, I believe we can do that next year with a fair wind and some decent signings.

So, I will repeat, I believe we will get to see the cream of world talent here at Ashton Gate over the next few years and I, for one, can’t wait....

2 minutes ago, redsontour said:

The cream of young world talent is in England....

So you’ve assessed all the  brilliant young players in Brazil, Uruguay, Mexico, Argentina, Germany, Italy, Spain, Serbia, Portugal, Russia etc etc and have come to the conclusion that the best ‘young world talent’ is in England....wow....

2 hours ago, bris red said:

Man what a difference 10 or so months makes in football. I like Lee Johnson, but lets not be in ANY doubt his position at points last term were untenable and obviously its impossible to put a figure on it but a good chunk of this club  wanted him not only gone but as far away from this club as possible..I think its fickle in the extreme to lambaste any fan that wanted Neil Warnock in last season, a Neil Warnock who let me remind people is managing a side above us in the league.

Like i said i do like Lee Johnson but has he become a great manager overnight seemingly? We are going great and im loving it but man some perspective would be nice. For the record Warnock is a very decent manager at this level and has achieved far more than Lee Johnson has in tier 2 of English football, so some respect probably wouldn't go a miss for him :yes:

Can’t “like” this post enough....

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So you’ve assessed all the  brilliant young players in Brazil, Uruguay, Mexico, Argentina, Germany, Italy, Spain, Serbia, Portugal, Russia etc etc and have come to the conclusion that the best ‘young world talent’ is in England....wow....

Oh I see, you aren’t questioning that we may attract the cream of talent that’s available in England now, you’re giving me a world tour and a reminder that the Prem doesn’t have it all...fair point.

So, I’ll re-phrase it...I believe that we will see some of the cream of young world talent that the richest clubs, in the richest league, in the world bring through the biggest academy system on the planet...

5 minutes ago, redsontour said:

Oh I see, you aren’t questioning that we may attract the cream of talent that’s available in England now, you’re giving me a world tour and a reminder that the Prem doesn’t have it all...fair point.

So, I’ll re-phrase it...I believe that we will see some of the cream of young world talent that the richest clubs, in the richest league, in the world bring through the biggest academy system on the planet...

Still think you are ‘bigging’ us up too much - this is our first decent season in the second tier for over a decade, doesn’t make us that attractive does it?! What about the three clubs ahead of us? Surely they’d get first choice of the ‘cream of world talent’ ?!

Amnesty?

I still need therapy from those matches, including Wrexham away on a cold, dank winter's night, whilst supporting the lads under the Tony Pulis regime.

So for all of you having a dig at managers since 2000 and offering amnesty, remember those who served under previous managers, especially one. 

That regime was......sorry I can't go into detail. I'm trying to forget.

I am a bit confused.... I wanted Colin last year (but don’t think I mentioned it on here), but I think I was also one of a handful who voted to keep LJ at the lowest point. But if I had seen a vote offered after this seasons game at Brentford I would changed my mind on that point....

so glad we stuck with him, as op mentioned, not just is he city through and through, he speaks well, is talented , plays football that is great to watch and hopefully is here for a long time to come.

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Still think you are ‘bigging’ us up too much - this is our first decent season in the second tier for over a decade, doesn’t make us that attractive does it?! What about the three clubs ahead of us? Surely they’d get first choice of the ‘cream of world talent’ ?!

And I still think you and a few others are missing my point.

I'm not talking about the league position making us attractive, I’m talking about the club & it’s philosophy.

This football club is light years ahead of where we were even 2 years ago. The training facilities (soon to be even better), the stadium, the infrastructure, the management (top to bottom), the financial stability, the culture, and the (god forbid I am saying this)  “brand” are all hugely impressive.

Prem teams are having to make choices. They can risk 100’s of Millions on marquee signings every year, or they can go and attract as many youngsters in to the academy as possible, from every content of the globe, and hope they get a diamond. And the more they attract, simple numbers means the more they will have to send out.

Again, forget the current league position, that’s almost a side show, what matters is the manner in which a  club can take players forward and, whether you think I am getting ahead of myself with a delusional vision of “baby Prem” club, that is sure as hell where we are.

Last point on the subject.  Would you, as a director of football, want to send a young player to what Swansea have become lately or what City are becoming...

14 hours ago, bris red said:

For the record Warnock is a very decent manager at this level and has achieved far more than Lee Johnson has in tier 2 of English football, so some respect probably wouldn't go a miss for him :yes:

I will acknowledge his record as a manager, but never give him respect for his way of “playing” the game that I love!

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

If you found yourself as a manager at a top Prem club, looked at how City go about things and how Cardiff go about things and thought that lot was the better place to send your players just because they're a place above us then you wouldn't deserve to be in that job very long!

55 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

If you found yourself as a manager at a top Prem club, looked at how City go about things and how Cardiff go about things and thought that lot was the better place to send your players just because they're a place above us then you wouldn't deserve to be in that job very long!

Yet you chose to ignore Wolves and Derby...

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yet you chose to ignore Wolves and Derby...

I didn't choose to ignore anyone.  The general discussion in this thread is about Colin and you postured that because they're higher in the table they'd be a more likely destination than we would.  Obviously Wolves and Derby play very good football (I'm not sure what their record's like for giving youth a chance to argue one way or the other with them...I DO know what Colin is like, however!), but to suggest that because of league position Cardiff would be a more attractive proposition is in my opinion ludicrous!

Archived