IGNORED

Roll call for Bolton,who's going?

Never to the dark side

10 minutes ago, Stockwood nick said:

Im going!!

Shame all those that got a tuesday afternoon off for Man City away, which was also funnily enough on TV and a cold winters evening, suddenly cant get time off work for this game eh!!

Shocking, yet will prob give it large about other teams having shit away followings!!

Not just about getting time off work though is it

Not all of us can afford to do every away game

51 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Not just about getting time off work though is it

Not all of us can afford to do every away game

Thats fair enough if you do most away games but cant afford this one, the extra £15 a ticket to the man city game must be affecting the other 7,500 people aswell!!

Sorry im not getting at you personally Andy, just this fanbase needs to stop moaning about other teams having rubbish away followings when we dont exactly take alot away most games!! 

Before i get alot of abuse, ive done Birmingham, Sunderland, Hull, Ipswich, Villa, Man City, Derby and now Bolton, so havent done every game, but 300 odd to bolton is a joke even tho its on a friday night and on TV!!

29 minutes ago, Stockwood nick said:

Thats fair enough if you do most away games but cant afford this one, the extra £15 a ticket to the man city game must be affecting the other 7,500 people aswell!!

Sorry im not getting at you personally Andy, just this fanbase needs to stop moaning about other teams having rubbish away followings when we dont exactly take alot away most games!! 

Before i get alot of abuse, ive done Birmingham, Sunderland, Hull, Ipswich, Villa, Man City, Derby and now Bolton, so havent done every game, but 300 odd to bolton is a joke even tho its on a friday night and on TV!!

I do agree. Our away following isnt the best when we are on sky. Me personally...ive only managed 5 away games this season, I just cant afford it sadly. I also agree that we are in no position to take the piss out of other teams away following.

Im by no means making excuses....but cost of living down here is incredible. People really just cant afford it. I have at two friends who had to move up north as cost of living was so much cheaper!

Back to the football element of it...sell outs away to QPR, Villa and Man City in the last 5 weeks, not to mention extra home times v both Manchester clubs...its been an incredibly expensive time. 

People are now expected to shell out another £30 a ticket at Bolton? On top of travelling? Its to much pal. It really is

1 hour ago, Stockwood nick said:

Im going!!

Shame all those that got a tuesday afternoon off for Man City away, which was also funnily enough on TV and a cold winters evening, suddenly cant get time off work for this game eh!!

Shocking, yet will prob give it large about other teams having shit away followings!!

I only get so many days a year…as I expect other people do. 

I wanted to go but I've just moved down to Bristol and I'm starting a new job tomorrow in Gloucestershire which means I would struggle to get from work to the Reebok in time so I'm gonna have to give this a miss. Gutted really. If it was a Saturday then I'd have gone.

I think it's all down to TV, we never travel well when we are on the box for some reason. I'e said before our away support can be very good but also very poor, our average away support is boosted by several large away followings but its' not consistent, 300 to Bolton for a team chasing promotion to the prem is very poor but if it wasn' on TV I'm sure there would be 700ish there even on a Friday night 

4 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

Its a 2 train 1 hour journey for me, however im in a boot as ive got a broken foot and torn ankle ligaments, will leave it to the last minute before I decide.

Last time I went to football in a boot there were seven of us in the car , took it in turns to Plymouth 

Great post, bound to cause controversy. As Northski says many reasons not to go and the point of the forum is to express personal views ( are you reading xyz - now banned?!)

My own situation is I go whenever I can and even more so when on tele as bowing to that excuse alone is to support the edit that's changing English football so much, and like Italy, Spain, Portugal will soon ecumenical a sport for home fans and event-goers only.

Our hardcore away support considering team performance is shocking but we have an affluent City whose population love big events like Wembley and Manchester.

I dont congratulate those going, it's just a missed opportunity to do what we all love if you don't go!

Just now, Hampshire Red said:

Great post, bound to cause controversy. As Northski says many reasons not to go and the point of the forum is to express personal views (are you reading xyz - now banned?!)

My own situation is I go whenever I can and even more so when on tele as bowing to that excuse alone is to support the media that's changing English football so much, and like Italy, Spain, Portugal will soon become a sport for home fans and event-goers only.

Our hardcore away support considering team performance is shocking but we have an affluent City whose population love big events like Wembley and Manchester.

I dont congratulate those going, it's just a missed opportunity to do what we all love if you don't go!

10 hours ago, Sandhurst Red said:

I'm heading up - made easier by the fact I had to be in Edinburgh on Saturday morning anyway.

Even booked into the hotel with a pitchside view.... but will still take my place in the away end despite having a view from my bed!

122494563.jpg

Do you mind me asking how much per night the room was ? 

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Is that all?! Only joking, I’m on 81....

Fair play, 81 is a lot, is that 81 teams currently in the football league or does it include teams that no longer exist/non-league? I reckon I,ve done about 70 but that includes the likes of Stockport, Wrexham, Aldershot etc, also many old grounds I,ve been to but not the new ones, The Vetch, The Victoria Ground, The Baseball Ground etc

2 hours ago, harrys said:

Fair play, 81 is a lot, is that 81 teams currently in the football league or does it include teams that no longer exist/non-league? I reckon I,ve done about 70 but that includes the likes of Stockport, Wrexham, Aldershot etc, also many old grounds I,ve been to but not the new ones, The Vetch, The Victoria Ground, The Baseball Ground etc

I don’t know how many I’ve done, but I was wondering this too. Eg do I count Newport for example who have relocated, and Derby as 2 as I’ve been to both old and current grounds. What are the rules with this stuff? My awayday buddy has an Apple phone and can get an app to tick grounds off, doesn’t seem the same app is available for Android though which isn’t good.

8 hours ago, Posset red said:

Do you mind me asking how much per night the room was ? 

Morning Posset Red, the rooms were really cheap, I paid £87 for a large room with double bed and breakfast included and the same £87 for double room with two single beds, really pleased as Sheffield Utd has the same set up and that cost about £150 a room

3 hours ago, harrys said:

Well I count the teams...eg I’ve been to two Huddersfield stadiums (Leeds Road and their current one) but I count that as one...and yes I count the teams where I’ve watched City away who are no longer in the league eg Rushden & Diamonds, Stockport etc.

2 hours ago, Forever.Red said:

Morning Posset Red, the rooms were really cheap, I paid £87 for a large room with double bed and breakfast included and the same £87 for double room with two single beds, really pleased as Sheffield Utd has the same set up and that cost about £150 a room

£87 for the room with the view that’s fantastic price if so technically speaking that includes a match ticket if you were to watch from the room 

3 hours ago, RedM said:

I don’t know how many I’ve done, but I was wondering this too. Eg do I count Newport for example who have relocated, and Derby as 2 as I’ve been to both old and current grounds. What are the rules with this stuff? My awayday buddy has an Apple phone and can get an app to tick grounds off, doesn’t seem the same app is available for Android though which isn’t good.

You should sign up for this, bit of fun and wastes a bit of time. All grounds counted I'm up to 103 nearly all with City.

https://www.footballgroundmap.com

12 minutes ago, Posset red said:

£87 for the room with the view that’s fantastic price if so technically speaking that includes a match ticket if you were to watch from the room 

What do they do about you sitting there watching from the hotel room with a can of cider in your hand? Not allowed from hospitality boxes in the ground.

19 minutes ago, Posset red said:

Unfortunately the ticket wasn't included, not really sure how they can stop you from watching the game for free, bit rude if they try and close the blinds with me sat on the bed with a few ciders.  I don't think there are many rooms facing the pitch so it could be a hit or miss if I get one but when I booked I really was thinking of hassle free parking and not too far to walk to the away end.  I'm now hoping I get a pitch side room to see how they control the issue of free viewing as that would be an amazing deal, room, free match and breakfast for £87

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well I count the teams...eg I’ve been to two Huddersfield stadiums (Leeds Road and their current one) but I count that as one...and yes I count the teams where I’ve watched City away who are no longer in the league eg Rushden & Diamonds, Stockport etc.

How many Brighton grounds have you been to ?

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Just The Goldstone Ground for a 3-2 defeat in the pouring rain, I think we had John Vaughan in goal that day. My car broke down on the way back and our team bus splashed water all over me as it went past my stricken motor with me stood next to it!

I made the Goldstone twice, we went onto their end in a 1-0 victory in 1980, been  to their new one and the Withdean, they also played at Gillingham which I’ve been to although that was when we played the Gills, the club ran a special train that day in a 3-1 victory with Bobby Hutchinson scoring twice, been to any team at 3 different  grounds?

Archived