IGNORED

Time to put your feet up Bobby

Between heaven and hell

I am suggesting the time has come to give one of our incredibly hard working crown jewels a well deserved rest.

Our Bobby has been involved in 35 games so far this season and has played a massive part in our success to date which considering the amount of injuries we have had up top is quite remarkable.

We now have 17 league games to go with players returning from injury and fresh legs coming in so its time to give Bobby some time off. Let him recharge those batteries and get him flying for the run in before he burns himself out or does himself some injury damage.

2 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

I am suggesting the time has come to give one of our incredibly hard working crown jewels a well deserved rest.

Our Bobby has been involved in 35 games so far this season and has played a massive part in our success to date which considering the amount of injuries we have had up top is quite remarkable.

We now have 17 league games to go with players returning from injury and fresh legs coming in so its time to give Bobby some time off. Let him recharge those batteries and get him flying for the run in before he burns himself out or does himself some injury damage.

I'd leave that decision to the medical team and data analysts.

If they see he needs a rest I'm sure it will happen , if not get Bobby out on the pitch where I'm sure he'd want to be .

No evidence of Bobby getting tired. His fitness has improved immeasurably this season, and he is still running as hard at the end as he does for the rest of the match.

While Diedhoui still getting up to full fitness, he is the one more likely to be given a rest or subbed with 20-30 minutes to go to allow Diony have a run out. With him & Bobby up front, tiring opposition defenders are going to hate it!

The arrival of Lois has given LJ the option of giving Bobby a rest (if he's still here) if it's needed and that applies to Fammy as well I guess. All positive IMHO.

I can't see how he would play all 3 unless Bobby drops back into midfield and, let's be honest, he's a far better front man than he is a midfielder.

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

The arrival of Lois has given LJ the option of giving Bobby a rest (if he's still here) if it's needed and that applies to Fammy as well I guess. All positive IMHO.

I can't see how he would play all 3 unless Bobby drops back into midfield and, let's be honest, he's a far better front man than he is a midfielder.

Although he didn't look out of place playing there for the last hour on Sat

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

If I was in BR's position, with his engine, I'd be chomping at the ******* bit to get on the pitch every Saturday.

This !

While I'd hesitate to rest BR , we do have the options now. Paterson has played in behind Reid so could potentially do the same behind FD or even Diony. We could play 2 genuine strikers , or even one up with 3 CM's and 2 wingers. Options all over, and we still have men to come back.
Exciting times ahead.

he's got to be the fittest player I've ever seen for a while. Watching him running around is incredible, even more so when you consider there's a smart footballing brain to go with the iron lungs. As other posters note, so long as the medical team reckon he's ok, then he needs to stay on that pitch. 

I think if we had been in the same position with 11 players on the pitch on Saturday, LJ would have replaced Bobby and Famara. If we can get to a comfortable position against Bolton he may get the last 20 off. I can see Walsh and Diony coming on for Bobby and Fam to see a game out for example. 

To be honest if anyone needs a rest it looks to be Pato, I thought he looked off the pace and his decision making was poor on Saturday, both signs of mental fatigue.

I don’t agree he needs a rest....when Michael Owen was Bobby’s age he had played well over double the number of games Bobby has - and Owen was in the premier league and playing for England.

I’m sure if there are medical reasons for a rest then Bobby will be withdrawn, but he’s not what you’d call a raw youngster anymore who needs to be carefully managed and wrapped up in cotton wall, he’s 25 in a few days’ time...let him continue to run about I say, he’s paid enough to be a pro player, so let him play, he looks like he loves it, fair play to him!

48 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Please don't misunderstand me WTTJ, he's a decent midfielder but he's a very good striker. There's no criticism meant at all. 

Ha. I think we're both getting our wires crossed. I was trying to say that last season, the idea of Bobby in a midfield two would have worried me. He was great on Saturday showing his all round game has improved.

4 hours ago, Between heaven and hell said:

He wouldn't but its about getting the best out of him.

Continually playing him will see him get jaded,  rest him and you maintain that zip.

he doesn't appear the least bit jaded after 35 games so why should that change, at 24 I felt like and could run all day, and I'm sure bobby is no different.

4 hours ago, Between heaven and hell said:

The players have plenty of time for recovery and recharging batteries...even more so now the Cup runs are over.

Football players, especially of Bobby's age, are like thoroughbred horses...they need to run and be exercised.

Our success this season has been down to the likes of Bobby, pressing from the front line. No one else does it as well as him. We would miss his intensity. Unless he had an injury...then there would be no reason to rest him.

Look at 30 yo Lionel Messi...only played 3 games less than Bobby this season....and he's 6 years older. And he play's at a far higher level of intensity.

No reason to rest him...keep doing what we do best.

3 hours ago, Gazred said:

Be interested to see how many miles he's covered by the seasons end. His pressing is prolific.

Exactly why I started the current thread about Stats/Data. I'd love to see the data on Saturday's game especially  highlighted by Bobby chasing down QPR players just outside of our area either forcing a mistake or dispossessing them

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I think if we had been in the same position with 11 players on the pitch on Saturday, LJ would have replaced Bobby and Famara. If we can get to a comfortable position against Bolton he may get the last 20 off. I can see Walsh and Diony coming on for Bobby and Fam to see a game out for example. 

To be honest if anyone needs a rest it looks to be Pato, I thought he looked off the pace and his decision making was poor on Saturday, both signs of mental fatigue.

yes like patto but has recently only shined one game in four

Archived