IGNORED

Cardiff... Bubble or not to bubble.....

BCFC1512

5 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

no different to our situation with man city tbh.....

Entirely different. Man City gave us 8k in a 55k ground and didn’t sell out the home end. We gave them what we needed to in a much smaller ground and did sell out the home end.

Cardiff have a bigger ground than us and should be giving us a comparable allocation to that given to them.

EFL Official Website Governance

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-5--fixtures/ 

"34.2 Facilities for visiting supporters

34.2.1 Each Club must make provision for at least 2,000 visiting supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club’s certified capacity, if less than 2,000. The League may, on the prior written application of a Club, suspend this Regulation or reduce the figure either for a particular League Match or for a period of time."

7 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

How so ? I thought Man City were entitled to 10% of AG capacity unlike the FA cup where its 15% I believe, but they gave us more because they weren't likely to sell out against us.

Exactly.  Man City were able to offer a large away allocation without any home fans missing out, we weren't, so they got the minimum permissible.  And at the end of the day, more Manchester City fans watched the tie overall than Bristol City fans did.  It's a crap comparison.

2 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

relax mate, im bored at work and chased an easy nibble.

i agree, the allocation is shocking, especially given no doubt the ground will be empty.

That's better!  This is all theory at the moment of course in the absence of concrete evidence, but if the club do indeed get a paltry 1,400 allocation in a 33k stadium after we gave them 3,500, I hope @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO is prepared for the reaction!

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Will be intriguing to see how they handle the ticketing when we play Cardiff over two legs in the playoffs - has a playoff semi ever been a bubble trip?

I don't normally advocate tit-for-tat but if the rumours about our allocation are true we should absolutely do the same if they come back for the play offs.  The game would sell out so they wouldn't get the whole Atyeo anyway, but I'd give them the minimum and make them collect their tickets from Aberystwyth an hour before kick off. 

12 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I don't normally advocate tit-for-tat but if the rumours about our allocation are true we should absolutely do the same if they come back for the play offs.  The game would sell out so they wouldn't get the whole Atyeo anyway, but I'd give them the minimum and make them collect their tickets from Aberystwyth an hour before kick off. 

I’d make them collect them from Cheltenham an hour earlier !

19 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Remove all the traffic cones around Ashton Gate before kick-off and get all their cars towed away.

21 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I'd make them collect from Aberystwyth an hour after kick off.

@Mkelly @AdamB I have no reason to doubt the information but I hope that the 1,400 allocation isn't true. Can you offer some clarity?

How on earth is this possible, given the regulations state a minimum of 2,000 or 10%? One steward assault doesn't warrant punishing 600 people who should be able to attend. 1,400 is lower than our away average this season, if this is true then it's an absolute joke.

May as well make it a bubble anyway given there are very conveniently train works the day we play them....

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I'd make them collect the tickets from The Liberty stadium.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Is it not rather strange that there's still no ticket news for a game just over three weeks away?  Would seem to add weight to the theory that the allocation is being disputed.  @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO can you offer an update?

Hi @ChippenhamRed

The club are waiting for the tickets to arrive from Cardiff, as soon as they do ticket details will be announced on the website. 

Matt 

Archived