IGNORED

I presume we are all Millwall fans on Tuesday night?

Never to the dark side

33 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Why..............how does that work........I'd get well pissed off !

29 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I was pissed off too as I thought Millwall had taken the lead. Not sure how it happens, maybe disallowed goals are posted before the ref disallows them.

It happens because these sites take a feed of information from a third party company who has 'scouts' at matches (or on rare occasions when they cannot get someone to the match, they will be watching on TV). These scouts will sit there with a device entering the play as it goes on, corners, throws etc. They occasionally make mistakes and have to correct themselves. (give goals that are then disallowed for offside, or sometimes just give a goal accidentally by pressing the wrong button). The websites just update as soon as they get the information from the scout.

Bookmakers use the same third parties for their info feeds showing dangerous attacks etc. This information is a very lucrative business.

Source: Worked with it.

6 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I think that Villa are going to bottle it. Derby still our biggest rivals for 2nd imho.

In my opinion Derby are more likely to bottle it.

Villa are a bigger threat, but even then we could easily catch them.

Lots of football to be played and lots of twists to come.........

The Majors ' oil based' product may have a very good revenue stream this spring......

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As I posted earlier wasn’t sure what result I wanted tonight, but I probably would prefer the chasing play-off clubs to gradually fall away and then that leaves us free to chase down Derby, Villa and Cardiff.  Of course it’s not as simple as that, but I think that was a good result in the end.

There wasnt really a bad result in the Villa game.

A draw would have been best though.

19 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

It happens because these sites take a feed of information from a third party company who has 'scouts' at matches (or on rare occasions when they cannot get someone to the match, they will be watching on TV). These scouts will sit there with a device entering the play as it goes on, corners, throws etc. They occasionally make mistakes and have to correct themselves. (give goals that are then disallowed for offside, or sometimes just give a goal accidentally by pressing the wrong button). The websites just update as soon as they get the information from the scout.

Bookmakers use the same third parties for their info feeds showing dangerous attacks etc. This information is a very lucrative business.

Source: Worked with it.

That explains it........I was on Sky Bet the other week looking at one of those football "schematic" type things and I swear it flashed "GOAL", the next thing it was still 0-0.......I just assumed I was wrong !

Villa are on a good run but its likely to slow down soon. Derby are starting to drop points after their purple patch and despite us having a wobble recently we're still within touching distance. How good is the championship though? Great scrap between four teams for second spot developing.  Plenty of teams in with a shout of the playoffs too.

1 minute ago, RedBrizzleRobin said:

Villa are on a good run but its likely to slow down soon. Derby are starting to drop points after their purple patch and despite us having a wobble recently we're still within touching distance. How good is the championship though? Great scrap between four teams for second spot developing.  Plenty of teams in with a shout of the playoffs too.

Don't Villa have three winnable home games in their next four games? No chance of them slowing down!

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not an easy run by any stretch of the imagination, but I think they will continue to push for second place.

ABC851D7-3CD8-4EDA-A9BA-1E48504175A5.thumb.jpeg.a24b1bcacac7e3a69798f4f5aea4552b.jpeg

3 of those 5 could see them slip up quite easily. Not an easy run by any stretch.

52 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why’s that?

Just a hunch, almost all teams form tends to dove tail somewhat, they'll hit a sticky patch at somepoint (imo sooner rather than later), or if they continue their current form they'll end up running off with second spot and I just dont see any team running away with second.

9 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

Derby feeling the pressure.4 draws in the last 6 and goals drying up (3 0-0's). Think it'll be 3 way fight fir 2nd between Villa, Fulham and ourselves.Bring it on !

Villa and Fulham in the sort of form one might expect for teams like that however. Both might have hit form a little too early and maintaining that level to the end of the season could be testing.

I am hoping we have had the worst of our bad run and are getting stronger again, whilst it could be argued that Fulham and Villa may have had their bad runs in the first part of the season, I still think there might be another one in the last part of the season.

Fulham will also be biting their nails over Cairney and Sessegnon throughout today.

Of course, a 2nd place would be utterly incredible and has to be our hope, but the priority right now has to be finishing in the play off places. 

Once that is assured, see where we are and if 2nd place is still possible. 

With that in mind, last night’s results were pretty damn good for us! 

Just keep winning games, one by one, rack up the points and see where it takes us. 

It would be mental to feel dissapointed by “only” finishing in the play offs! 

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Not an easy run by any stretch of the imagination, but I think they will continue to push for second place.

ABC851D7-3CD8-4EDA-A9BA-1E48504175A5.thumb.jpeg.a24b1bcacac7e3a69798f4f5aea4552b.jpeg

I reckon they will average at least 2 PTS per game and find themselves in 2nd. I hope I get proved wrong!

80 points will surely be enough for the playoffs, and that would need us to get eight wins and five draws (so four defeats) from seventeen matches.  That strikes me as achievable, particularly given that we have only two matches against the top six teams to play (Cardiff away and Fulham home).    Nervous that Middlesbrough might come with a late run, but providing we get the points we should be ok.  A win on Friday will set us up nicely, but we do have to get the points in the matches against teams like Bolton, Sunderland, Burton, Ipswich, Barnsley, Millwall, Birmingham, Hull and Forest.

Automatics might need to be in the top 80s, so we'd probably need another 38 or so points for that (11 wins, 5 draws, 1 defeat).  That looks a bit beyond us.

23 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Worth remembering most of the top 8 have to play Wolves again. Something we’ve got out of the way

Lets hope Wolves haven't got the Championship sown up too early then, a few unexpected draws against the lower teams might be called for. :) 

Archived