IGNORED

Fan's face ban following Man U pitch invasion

Vincent Vega

11 hours ago, Vil1 said:

Rules is rules .dont go on a pitch i had to learn the hard way.so why are you all diffrent.ba11shit

Sometimes passion and heat of the moment comes into play, if there's only 2 people that run on the pitch then chances are they're gonna get banned. If there was hundreds or thousands on the pitch then just let it be, it was a massive day for all the fans and the players and unless they were causing trouble on the pitch or lobbing things at the away support then I don't see the need for banning orders.

7 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

My views on policing and resourcing are documented on the forum already, but i do feel this is yet another example of the police taking the cosy and easy option. 

There was unlikely to be any problem at AG in my opinion, even with people on the pitch. But somehow the police find hours and hours to comb through CCTV footage looking for immature acts of high jinks. 

At the same time burglary and criminal damage etc don't get the attention they so badly need. They're left for insurance companies to deal with, not police officers. 

Anecdotal evidence and my own personal experience says the priorities are badly misplaced. 

Couldn't agree more.  @JulieH my car was struck by an uninsured driver who then fled the scene. Luckily myself and witnesses got the reg and a description of the passenger. The tp vehicle was also taxed so owner detsdetails were available. 

We immediately went to Fishpomds police station and were politely told they don't really have the resource to follow this kind of thing up. 

Obviously to busy trying to arrest charge and destroy life long city fans for celebrating the biggest win on decades with their heroes.

How sad @JulieH.

51 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Couldn't agree more.  @JulieH my car was struck by an uninsured driver who then fled the scene. Luckily myself and witnesses got the reg and a description of the passenger. The tp vehicle was also taxed so owner detsdetails were available. 

We immediately went to Fishpomds police station and were politely told they don't really have the resource to follow this kind of thing up. 

Obviously to busy trying to arrest charge and destroy life long city fans for celebrating the biggest win on decades with their heroes.

How sad @JulieH.

I couldn’t agree more, it is sad and certainly different from the police service I joined 29 years ago. The role I do 6 years ago actually had 3 police officers doing it so every department has had cuts with the hope that front line policing can remain as visible and strong as possible 

i can only continue to do my job each day and that is what I am paid to do.

i can advise to continue to complain to local mps or the pcc if you feel this way, it is out of my power to reallocate police resources or to find extra funding for them as much as I would love to be able to do that.

i have mentioned before on here feel free to apply for a ride along shift , you will be able to see first hand policing issues and be able to see both sides . Other people I know who have done it have been surprised by what they see. 

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

How sad @JulieH.

instead of blaming the police what don't you blame the personal responsible for cutting the force so much that they can't investigate minor crimes anymore I'll give you a clue she lives at 10 downing street

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

instead of blaming the police what don't you blame the personal responsible for cutting the force so much that they can't investigate minor crimes anymore I'll give you a clue she lives at 10 downing street

No, I think blame all involved.

Bullshit. OB certainly find the resources to police what are now very low risk football matches. Perhaps a few of the dozens of police squaring up to S82 versus Manchester City  could be deployed on things which affect many people such as car and home related crimes.

my take on it is that these people are saying the burglary and the hit and run are more serious than a bunch of people running on the pitch to celebrate.

yes the police may have had there resources cut bit that doesn't change the fact that they are prioritising a crappy offence over more serious things

56 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

my take on it is that these people are saying the burglary and the hit and run are more serious than a bunch of people running on the pitch to celebrate.

yes the police may have had there resources cut bit that doesn't change the fact that they are prioritising a crappy offence over more serious things

indeed other things are more serious but if there is no police presence then the match can't go ahead full stop, they are there on the behast of SAG, not because they chose to be there, speaking of a spouse of someone who serves on the force I'd much rather my wife be at home then have to work all the overtime she has to because of the shortfall in staffing levels that won't be filled because of cuts and the fact they pay peanuts, 

how many of you would like to face the hate and abuse officers get for between £19,383 and £22,962 a year

11 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

indeed other things are more serious but if there is no police presence then the match can't go ahead full stop, they are there on the behast of SAG, not because they chose to be there, speaking of a spouse of someone who serves on the force I'd much rather my wife be at home then have to work all the overtime she has to because of the shortfall in staffing levels that won't be filled because of cuts and the fact they pay peanuts, 

how many of you would like to face the hate and abuse officers get for between £19,383 and £22,962 a year

I get we have to have police there but that doesn't mean they  have to start banning people for a pretty petty offence. 

please don't bring the wage argument into this. no one  on here forced anyone to sign up to the police, it was quite simply there choice and they can quite easily leave and start a new career if they like

16 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

I get we have to have police there but that doesn't mean they  have to start banning people for a pretty petty offence. 

please don't bring the wage argument into this. no one  on here forced anyone to sign up to the police, it was quite simply there choice and they can quite easily leave and start a new career if they like

break the law face the consequences 

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

break the law face the consequences 

that's fair enough but they are picking and choosing what offences they deal with and in this case choosing certain people out of all of those that were on the pitch who they want to deal with even though everyone that entered the pitch broke the law!

39 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Your principle is admirable and I do agree with your overall point but you’ve quoted the starting salary copied directly from this link. Most police officers would obviously be on more than that.

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/police-officer

So you clearly didn’t actually know the salary and have used a bit of artistic license with the truth to embellish your point :P

3 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

that's fair enough but they are picking and choosing what offences they deal with and in this case choosing certain people out of all of those that were on the pitch who they want to deal with even though everyone that entered the pitch broke the law!

so what do you do as the police charge and ban everyone who entered the pitch or ban and charge only those who made a bee line to the away fans to "goad" them

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Your principle is admirable and I do agree with your overall point but you’ve quoted the starting salary copied directly from this link. Most police officers would obviously be on more than that.

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/police-officer

So you clearly didn’t actually know the salary and have used a bit of artistic license with the truth to embellish your point :P

I do know what salary my wife is on and its between those two figures quoted

On 31/01/2018 at 14:43, Robbored said:

They would have.

The WMP were/are the most violent and aggressive police I've ever come across in 50odd years. They had/have no idea how to police a football match. 

Just a few ago at Walsall they arrested City fans for smelling of alcohol. Another guy was arrested on his way for a piss accidentally bumping into a PC who nicked him. All the police on duty had their numbers covered by their shoulder straps so they were well aware of what they were doing.

So aggressive were they that our club reported them and I had two inspectors from Yorkshire Police visit mt home to take witness statements.

No idea what the outcome of the internal investigation was but I daresay the commander was seriously disciplined or even sacked.

South Yorkshire Police we’re ‘dug out’ by WM Police after Hillsborough ( WM were bizarrely given the enquiry!!) so I can guarantee the favour would have been returned, and the incident firmly brushed under the carpet.

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

so what do you do as the police charge and ban everyone who entered the pitch or ban and charge only those who made a bee line to the away fans to "goad" them

well surely the police should stand by all laws and as it is the law that you can't enter the field of play they should deal with everyone equally in my opinion. 

I would say that as there wasn't any major incidents they should just throw a warning out and leave it at that but if they are going to charge people then it needs to be a fair across the board

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

easiest way to get the roundabout figure, 

But you appreciate that’s the ‘starting’ salary? Your post implies that that fairly low wage is normal for police offers. Not a scientific answer but Glassdoor lists the ‘average’ police salary at closer to £37,000.

I know I’m being pedantic but I felt you were embellishing the truth to make a point. I do agree with the principle of what you were saying though.

1 minute ago, Littlesh*t said:

well surely the police should stand by all laws and as it is the law that you can't enter the field of play they should deal with everyone equally in my opinion. 

I would say that as there wasn't any major incidents they should just throw a warning out and leave it at that but if they are going to charge people then it needs to be a fair across the board

and by the letter of the law they should but they have to take into consideration whether it's in the public interest to pursue all those involved the cost of taking it through the courts and the chances of getting a conviction, all at the tax payers expense, so they go after those with the intent to cause trouble,

It's like drinking at football its illegal to be drunk in a sports stadium during the match, they over look it as its not in the public interest to stop everyone so they just pull out those who are visibly too drunk to attend 

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

But you appreciate that’s the ‘starting’ salary? Your post implies that that fairly low wage is normal for police offers. Not a scientific answer but Glassdoor lists the ‘average’ police salary at closer to £37,000.

I know I’m being pedantic but I felt you were embellishing the truth to make a point. I do agree with the principle of what you were saying though.

for a senior officer who's been serving on the force for a number of years yes,

it doesn't take into account shift allowance ether 

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

and by the letter of the law they should but they have to take into consideration whether it's in the public interest to pursue all those involved the cost of taking it through the courts and the chances of getting a conviction, all at the tax payers expense, so they go after those with the intent to cause trouble,

It's like drinking at football its illegal to be drunk in a sports stadium during the match, they over look it as its not in the public interest to stop everyone so they just pull out those who are visibly too drunk to attend 

people running towards United doesn't mean those people were trying to cause trouble. I just think an event that didn' really have any trouble doesn't need this outcome. 

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

it's paid into a joint account and I do our finances yes

I was just having  a laugh with that comment. 

2 hours ago, Littlesh*t said:

How do you rate fair? Should all crimes always be dealt with the same way? I.e. shoplifting a chocolate bar the same as stealing the crown jewels?

There was clearly some fans who went past what is acceptable in the circumstance and for these aggravating circumstances they will be punished. Unless it was you or someone you know I'm not sure why you'd be against this.

Once we are in the Premiership then expect more of this as everything is sanitized so as to present a picture-perfect view to the global audience.  Found a video in my inbox this morning looking at Britain's two most hated clubs (guess who and forget the parochial Bristol rivalry?) Both teams' supporters would rather stay outside of the soap opera that the Premiership is fast becoming .... As for the police, they do a really decent job given some of the crap that they have to deal with ... the very occasional aberration makes headline news whereas the 99% of decent stuff receives zero publicity ...  

22 minutes ago, Jarman said:

Once we are in the Premiership then expect more of this as everything is sanitized so as to present a picture-perfect view to the global audience.  Found a video in my inbox this morning looking at Britain's two most hated clubs (guess who and forget the parochial Bristol rivalry?) Both teams' supporters would rather stay outside of the soap opera that the Premiership is fast becoming .... As for the police, they do a really decent job given some of the crap that they have to deal with ... the very occasional aberration makes headline news whereas the 99% of decent stuff receives zero publicity ...  

Millwall, presumably, and Leeds?

Re. As for the police, they do a really decent job given some of the crap that they have to deal with ... the very occasional aberration makes headline news whereas the 99% of decent stuff receives zero publicity ...  I tend to agree, but isn't that just typical of news in general?

Archived