IGNORED

Fan's face ban following Man U pitch invasion

Vincent Vega

On 31/01/2018 at 09:37, Blagdon red said:

Yep, our SAG refuses to follow Sports Ground Safety Authority guidance and have supporter representation on their committee. Unlike some SAGs, they also do not publish minutes of their meetings and refuse FOI requests for information on matters discussed, in which fans, by definition (as the users of the stadium concerned) have a legitimate interest. Perhaps @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO could add this to his long 'to do' list?

On the pitch invasion per se, strictly speaking everyone who went onto the pitch broke the law. It could therefore be argued that the club (and the SAG) are being lenient in this instance by waiving any punishment of the vast majority and seeking to penalise only those shown by clear video evidence to have done so with anything other than celebratory intent in mind.

Having my weekly bath and catching up....

I was asking about SAG the other week and this intrigues me @Blagdon red

I’d love to know more about them, find out who they are and what they actually do. On what grounds do they not reply to a FOI Act request?

Will they be there at the next SC&T meeting? Might come along :yes:

I think the club should take some of the blame, not recognising there was going to be a pitch invasion as it was talked about a week before. Why didn't the safety officer order the police and stewards to go pitch side before the end of the game to stop a large amount of fans getting to the pitch?

3 hours ago, Buckeyed said:

How do you rate fair? Should all crimes always be dealt with the same way? I.e. shoplifting a chocolate bar the same as stealing the crown jewels?

There was clearly some fans who went past what is acceptable in the circumstance and for these aggravating circumstances they will be punished. Unless it was you or someone you know I'm not sure why you'd be against this.

no I would say someone who stole a chocolate bar should  be dealt with  in the same way someone who stole a chocolate bar and shouted and the shop keeper. that would be a better comparison to what actually happened. 

stealing the crown jewels and stealing a chocolate bar are different offences unlike all those who went one the pitch.

just to clarify no I didn' go on the pitch,I stayed up in the stands with my mates and clapped the players off as that's what I felt the players deserved but I completely get why all the fans rushed on

22 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

I think the club should take some of the blame, not recognising there was going to be a pitch invasion as it was talked about a week before. Why didn't the safety officer order the police and stewards to go pitch side before the end of the game to stop a large amount of fans getting to the pitch?

No way are the club to blame! Yes it was discussed but only saying how tinpot it would look if it happened. A line of Police and stewards pushing fans away from the United fans, now that was tinpot! Can only blame those who ran on and went straight up the other end.

40 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

No they should not

The blame is 100% on the fans who ran on the pitch

1 hour ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Having my weekly bath and catching up....

I was asking about SAG the other week and this intrigues me @Blagdon red

I’d love to know more about them, find out who they are and what they actually do. On what grounds do they not reply to a FOI Act request?

Will they be there at the next SC&T meeting? Might come along :yes:

The following shows their escape method...

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ashton_gate_safety_advisory_grou

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ashton_gate_safety_advisory_grou_2

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

While I’ll be ******. What a nonsense.

How does that fit in with this:

"Unnecessary secrecy in government leads to arrogance in governance and defective decision-making." - Your Right to Know

Oh hang on. It does. Exactly. Me thinks SAG need further questions asked of them.....

Archived