IGNORED

Fan's face ban following Man U pitch invasion

Vincent Vega

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Ahh I see.

Entering the ground might be tough to stop, but the OB have spotters etc. Once in the ground there is CCTV everywhere and if caught again I would guess it would be a much harsher punishment. It's not like in the olden days , I had mates going to games, that were banned, every week. One even had to report to a station and still made it to Newport for a game. Nowadays technology has changed that.

3:30pm signing on at Broadbury Road. ......and giving your mate a few bob to sign on your behalf :whistle:

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Ahh I see.

Entering the ground might be tough to stop, but the OB have spotters etc. Once in the ground there is CCTV everywhere and if caught again I would guess it would be a much harsher punishment. It's not like in the olden days , I had mates going to games, that were banned, every week. One even had to report to a station and still made it to Newport for a game. Nowadays technology has changed that.

There are ways to avoid the spotters 

s-l300.jpg

• SC&T Board Members
1 hour ago, JulieH said:

Thank you for tagging me at the beginning of this thread however I am not sure what I can, add, enquiries and review of cctv footage is still ongoing with a view to identify those that sought disorder from both Bristol City and man united. 

I spoke to the force lead and force representative on sag , my superintendent;  last week around fans questions around sag and other football policing matters, he is happy to attend a public meeting and take question etc .

perhaps this is a consideration for the slo to also add to his list to gauge interest 

Hi @JulieH, please extend an invitation to your superintendent and via them to the chair of the SAG to attend our next SC&T meeting on Feb 7th at AG. It would be good to hear from them why they feel their dealings have to be so secretive and why they are so reluctant to open up to supporters in the transparent manner that the SGSA recommends.

17 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

But isn't everything any of us do at football inciting trouble then? We all scream and shout and call people bastards. I'm getting way in over my head here because I don't actually know the laws, but surely me using any sort of profanity, or flicking the v's at any player is also inciting trouble? I don't know, bit of common sense hopefully though, worse things happen at sea. 

No...it's a common sense thing. There's a massive difference between normal terrace banter and invading the pitch and walking straight up to a group of opposition fans and giving a load of shit. The two things have very different probable outcomes. Very different messages are put out in those two scenarios.

32 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

Hi @JulieH, please extend an invitation to your superintendent and via them to the chair of the SAG to attend our next SC&T meeting on Feb 7th at AG. It would be good to hear from them why they feel their dealings have to be so secretive and why they are so reluctant to open up to supporters in the transparent manner that the SGSA recommends.

I will extend it to my superintendent as previously stated. Next weds will be a bit soon but I will get some dates that he can do and update on weds 

He wanted to speak to a wide selection of fans so perhaps it may need to be more than those around the table at those meetings ? 

I would suggest e mailing Bristol city council direct to invite the chair of the sag, beyond my remit I am afraid . They aren’t within the police organisation as you know 

certainly one for the agenda on weds as to how much interest there is from fans to have a formal input into football policing by the lead officer in charge from Avon and Somerset police 

• SC&T Board Members
2 minutes ago, JulieH said:

I will extend it to my superintendent as previously stated. Next weds will be a bit soon but I will get some dates that he can do and update on weds 

He wanted to speak to a wide selection of fans so perhaps it may need to be more than those around the table at those meetings ? 

I would suggest e mailing Bristol city council direct to invite the chair of the sag, beyond my remit I am afraid . They aren’t within the police organisation as you know 

certainly one for the agenda on weds as to how much interest there is from fans to have a formal input into football policing by the lead officer in charge from Avon and Somerset police 

OK, ta. I think the best place for your super to talk to fans is either one of our meetings, with an open invitation (as always) to all other fans to attend, or a FAN meeting, with a similar broad invitation.

1 minute ago, Blagdon red said:

OK, ta. I think the best place for your super to talk to fans is either one of our meetings, with an open invitation (as always) to all other fans to attend, or a FAN meeting, with a similar broad invitation.

When I spoke he wanted to do a presentation as well so will need to discuss timings , space etc dependant upon the take up

a similar meeting was held at West mids and approx 200 fans turned up !! 

• SC&T Board Members
11 minutes ago, JulieH said:

When I spoke he wanted to do a presentation as well so will need to discuss timings , space etc dependant upon the take up

I'm sure that AGL will be flexible enough to provide a room to meet demand ... it all means takings over the bar, after all!

Let's get some dates off him and take it from there. I'll propose Feb 7, Mar 7 or Apr 4 for starters!

4 minutes ago, JulieH said:

They would have.

The WMP were/are the most violent and aggressive police I've ever come across in 50odd years. They had/have no idea how to police a football match. 

Just a few ago at Walsall they arrested City fans for smelling of alcohol. Another guy was arrested on his way for a piss accidentally bumping into a PC who nicked him. All the police on duty had their numbers covered by their shoulder straps so they were well aware of what they were doing.

So aggressive were they that our club reported them and I had two inspectors from Yorkshire Police visit mt home to take witness statements.

No idea what the outcome of the internal investigation was but I daresay the commander was seriously disciplined or even sacked.

43 minutes ago, Robbored said:

They would have.

The WMP were/are the most violent and aggressive police I've ever come across in 50odd years. They had/have no idea how to police a football match. 

Just a few ago at Walsall they arrested City fans for smelling of alcohol. Another guy was arrested on his way for a piss accidentally bumping into a PC who nicked him. All the police on duty had their numbers covered by their shoulder straps so they were well aware of what they were doing.

So aggressive were they that our club reported them and I had two inspectors from Yorkshire Police visit mt home to take witness statements.

No idea what the outcome of the internal investigation was but I daresay the commander was seriously disciplined or even sacked.

Yes I know that incident I was there as a fan and also got a visit at home for statements. 

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO @JulieH @Blagdon red

Can it also be tabled that I would like to know as to whom are the SAG accountable? Is it the FA? Is it their various industry bodies?

For example (and this is hypothetical), if SAG agreed to only empty sanitary bins once per month, surely Environmental Health could hold them accountable?

2 hours ago, JulieH said:

While your at it can you get the “super” to pop round my house and give me an update on the progress of trying to find the people who burgled my house as I haven’t heard from anyone since the day of the burglary or are you to busy using up endless hours of police time trying to find the a few kids who ran on the pitch at AG?

3 minutes ago, harrys said:

While your at it can you get the “super” to pop round my house and give me an update on the progress of trying to find the people who burgled my house as I haven’t heard from anyone since the day of the burglary or are you to busy using up endless hours of police time trying to find the a few kids who ran on the pitch at AG?

Sorry i'm a busy man........

29 minutes ago, harrys said:

If you wish to pm me details I can check on the progress of the investigation 

i will need the address  or the ref number number you may have been given.

Nope was jst on their with the other 2000 didnt do anyfing .went to court and was done for pitch invasion got 6 year ban .and had to report to police st when england were playing .a massive over reaction.didnt stop me going though their are ways .so these people will probs get a ban.i know of someone who pushed a police officer he fessed uo but didnt even go to court.!!!!!!!!!i have a bit of history but nothing to shout about .just being a prat after to much glider

Biggest problem is that it leaves the club wide open to charges of failing to control fans. It may not be about fans goading eachother either. Wind the clock forward to May and we beat Villa in the 2nd leg of the semi play-off. A fan goads Snodgrass and he reacts and a massive punch up takes place. Doesn't take much to "injure" a footballer (see Scowen on Saturday) and the FA take great delight in awarding the tie to mighty Villa at our expense.

After the Palarse pitch invasion Colin claimed he had "taken a few" but of course there were no charges let alone evidence.

Dangerous game.

12 hours ago, JulieH said:

Thank you for tagging me at the beginning of this thread however I am not sure what I can, add, enquiries and review of cctv footage is still ongoing with a view to identify those that sought disorder from both Bristol City and man united. 

I spoke to the force lead and force representative on sag , my superintendent;  last week around fans questions around sag and other football policing matters, he is happy to attend a public meeting and take question etc .

perhaps this is a consideration for the slo to also add to his list to gauge interest 

Please let me know when this public meeting takes place I’d love to attend 

Now this debate will go on but as the law stands is an offence for a person at a designated football match to go onto the playing area, or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not generally admitted, without lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove) this said common sense should prevail and in this case in hindsight of a tremendous night , that will go down in history I hope the powers that be act accordingly and only ban the supporters that were swinging punches , which I think all on sky witnessed were only 3,the word goading is slightly wrong to use in the rest of fans cases as taking the rise out of fellow supporters doesn’t mean that you mean to fight or provoke into a reaction likely to cause a fight especially where the end was supervised by stewards and police doing their jobs SO Bristol City Football Club please react sensibly and don’t over react.

On 31/01/2018 at 12:48, JulieH said:

My views on policing and resourcing are documented on the forum already, but i do feel this is yet another example of the police taking the cosy and easy option. 

There was unlikely to be any problem at AG in my opinion, even with people on the pitch. But somehow the police find hours and hours to comb through CCTV footage looking for immature acts of high jinks. 

At the same time burglary and criminal damage etc don't get the attention they so badly need. They're left for insurance companies to deal with, not police officers. 

Anecdotal evidence and my own personal experience says the priorities are badly misplaced. 

Archived