IGNORED

Fifa 18 question

The Batman

Good morning all.

I could find a PES thread as well as a Football manager one, but could not find a Fifa 18 one.

I have a question about the game and i can't find an answer online so i thought i'd reach out to my fellow OTIB users.

When negotiating a renewal contract with one of your players, how can you tell before they start whether their agent will be leading the negotiation or whether you have to come up with all the offers?

I had 2 renewals last week and one player's agent went through the whole thing saying they wanted this and that etc, but the other one, i had to offer the deal for them then to agree on it.

Anyone Fifa 18 wizards out there can explain the difference?

This can be deleted once i get the answer. 

I assume you mean manager mode? Only played this year's version a few times but I believe it's just luck in the renewal of contracts.

When signing a new player, you'll have a better idea of wage demands if you've fully scouted the player.

If I remember correctly, there's no way of knowing what they player is going to demand when he already belongs to you. The only benchmark you have is what he currently earns.

Correct Phileas - this is for career mode.

When scouting a player to buy, you do get a better idea once you've scouted him for a while.

This however, was for my own players for renewing their contracts. So i already know what they're earning, but sometimes they want huge unjustifiable increases what they're already on. Sometimes they'll say, i want X Y Z and then i'll negotiate accordingly, other times i have to make an offer to them. I just want to know whether there is a way of knowing before you enter the negotiation as to whether i'll be making offer or they will.**

Funnily enough, the player who walked out in disgust was Zak Vyner, when i offered him £20k a week and a £250k signing on bonus. He was on £6k previously.

** disclaimer, i do not want to save the game beforehand, find out what they agree too, then restart the game and renegotiate. 

Archived