IGNORED

Cup run will help us.

Paul Cheesey

Although we are firmly in the race for second place, should we end up in the play offs I think our cup run will serve us well. 

After those 3 huge games  against Man United and City the players and supporters are now ready for those big pressure play off games. 

I predict we'll end up in the play offs and the whole club will rise to the occasion! 

I think it's fair to say that the galvanising effect the cup run has had on both the team and the supporters outweighs the fact that it was a bit of a distraction re our league form. Hopefully this will be worth a few points in the run-in. I firmly believe we can finish in the top two on the back of this and on account of our good work in the transfer window.

You get used to things when you step up a gear, and stepping down a gear feels 'easy' in comparison. I can't actually articulate myself well enough but what I mean is if you're driving at 60 on the motorway and speed up to 90, it will feel fast for a bit then you get used to it and it feels 'normal', when you go back down to 60 that feels easy. Hopefully, that's what we're going to be like not having to play so many games now we just have the league left.

I think the cup run and the excellent City performances it showcased to the world will be a help for more than just the immediate. It's made pundits, the media, agents and potential new recruits take us more seriously than in the past. We are now  marked down as a club going places. That helps with business, both on and off the pitch.

1 minute ago, Manon said:

Don't agree. The cup run didn't illustrate our ability to play under pressure. There was no pressure in those big big  games

Apart from the fact that the TV cameras were on us and we were expected to be thrashed.

You might as well say no cup ties come with any pressure. 

The cup run did a good job of giving us a more positive image across the UK, even thinking we actually got to the semi final of the league cup shows how good we are and that we really do deserve to be up there in the prem where we can compete with teams that are on our level.

Archived