IGNORED

The official Bolton Wanderers FC v Bristol City Match Day Thread

Unan

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

Our passing was awful, we’re a team that when unable to keep the ball it ain’t gonna happen.

Dont get me started on Flint constantly banging 50 yard balls down the right wing, 2hat was all that about.

So frustrating because we all know were a lot better than that.

Must admit starting to wonder about Bailey Wright too. Looks average in the middle. 

Piss poor result that, no where near good enough from a team who are supposed to be chasing promotion. I know the officials were awful and that pen could have changed the game entirely but it doesn't excuse the rest of the match. 

Only upside for me was seeing how good Kent looks, if only he was a permanent addition.

Illness prevented me from travelling and I’m now glad it did. As good as QPR was, that was as poor. We could/should have had 2 penalties, but apart from that our passing, especially the final ball was awful. Not the end of the world as there is still a long way to go but we should be winning games like this. 

Remember Phil Parkinson as as excellent manager.....He came to the Gate with Chesterfield and won 3-2 quite a few years ago.......we looked lightweight up front tonite and were really quite poor, overrun in midfield, and shafted by a sucker punch from a very good forward.   Onwards and hopefully upwards, but VERY Disappointed with that performance  What a huge letdown, we always looked vulnerable to a 1-0 defeat, and so it proved.

They played quite dirty, helped by a referee who was blind and failed to give one definite penalty let alone potentially the second one. 

It broke up our style of play and made us get frustrated so there was sloppy decisions - and his harsh yellow on Bryan meant he couldn't do a tactical foul when we needed him to the most. 

Fammy definitely isn't up to full strength but to be fair all our players will be disappointed with their lack of end product. 

We seem to choke when we get near the top 2 spots - hopefully this is just a one off and the QPR game is more us going forward 

2 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Should've had two pens.

They defended well.

We didn't create much.

Bolton kicked us off the pitch.  

Couldn't believe how softly we gave away the ball over and over.

Nice to see Engvall.

Thought a draw was a fair result but can't complain at the final score.

Was a shite game.

Kicked us off the pitch? What crap.

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Reality check. We ain’t going up. 

Can’t break down a truly awful team that just want to defend all game. Same old story. 

Villa brought in Grabban, Cardiff brought in Madine. Both of those are proven game winners in this league. That can prove to be such a huge difference. 

Your second point says it all. We will beat Cardiff away, but we will lose at burton and draw at home to Sunderland, brum etc

We are very dodgy when teams break against us, it seems a real weak point.

That said, Ref was shit. Bobby Vs keeper = pen. Aden Vs 2 CB's = Pen and if you want to be picky , FD header blokes arms in the air Pen. 
So many soft free kicks to them and it even took to the 88th min for them to get a booking. Poor show, too many miss placed passes and wrong formation. Paterson needs a rest and I can't wait for Pisano to come back, Korey wasted at FB.

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

So are you saying the Bolton players wanted it more

Yep. And defended well and capitalised on our mistakes. Of course they weren’t going to ‘out football’ us. They executed their plan perfectly, that’s a good performance even if it’s not great football. 

Archived