IGNORED

FFS...

LondonBristolian

Bolton were good tonight. Thought they played some decent football much like we’ve been playing for most of the season. They deserved their win. Unfortunately we came up against Ameobi having a blinder. A little disappointed in Joe though for the goal. 

Thank god it wasn’t Hörður who did that, he’d have been castrated for being so weak. 

Yep we've played worse and Bolton really did a job tonight.

Too many of our boys didn't turn up and any team in this league will punish you for that.

A big kick up the arse for these boys if they want premier league football next season - but we go again and I fancy us to bounce back and make up for it by beating Fulham in a game many would expect us to lose.

2 minutes ago, Marty said:

Yeah, but what happened to the team tonight? Just.. What happened

Bolton have lost one game in ten. They are not a bad team and certainly one that know how to frustrate and stifle the opposition.

Personally I still feel we lose way too much playing Korey at right back. He is good enough to cover there but we need him elsewhere. We need a solution for the next two games.

However the season will not be decided on the next two games. Tonight, as at Preston a few months back, we looked like a good team playing badly.

@1bristolcity is right. We have found our level. And that level is a very good team but one that is susceptible to injuries and dips in form. We can still end this season playoffs or better. But we need to learn from games like tonight to do so.

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Bolton have lost one game in ten. They are not a bad team and certainly one that know how to frustrate and stifle the opposition.

Personally I still feel we lose way too much playing Korey at right back. He is good enough to cover there but we need him elsewhere. We need a solution for the next two games.

However the season will not be decided on the next two games. Tonight, as at Preston a few months back, we looked like a good team playing badly.

@1bristolcity is right. We have found our level. And that level is a very good team but one that is susceptible to injuries and dips in form. We can still end this season playoffs or better. But we need to learn from games like tonight to do so.

Agree. Refer you to my comment in the match thread. So so disappointing though.

20 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Personally I would have gone Mags in and one of Pato, Kent or Brownhill on the bench. I do think our squad is currently a defender short though.

Me too, Kent on LM was my team.

Having said that, I do think we need something different against a back 3 and wingbacks.  Kent and Paterson got dragged too deep for starting positions that meant Reid and Diedhiou weren’t in-touch, and we played as three isolated groups at times.

These games happen, when Ameobi slipped Bryan, I could see we were just gonna retreat and retreat.  Just wanted someone to take him out.  Why do ‘they’ back off until he’s in shooting range.  Great strike.

55 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Had to play Korey in midfield, he is the beating heart, we had no need to fear them, cocked up Lee, sorry.

Spot on. Hopefully this is the last time it is done.  Without Baker, Hegeler and Pisano, either put Maggers straight in for Baker or go to a back 3.  Smith and Pack are one of the top midfield partnerships in the league. Keep them together.

Archived