IGNORED

That was atrocious

Londoner

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

We didn't have a chance after Pack went off and Korey went in the middle. Thats pretty clear.

I always feel that the Pack Smith CM combination is one of those where the sum is greater than both parts. Each seem to be at their best when playing along side each other

We bossed possession without any real threat.  Do not agree Ameobi was donkey, thought he looked best striker on the park, on tonights show anyway.

Yes, BOLTON are not a bad side at home, recent form at home is good. We had a couple of chances, but having over 60% possession in your own half and middle of the park ? 

2 minutes ago, Barry said:

Except for the fact he was constantly giving the ball away running into the opposition. I the first half he also kept playing behind our forwards when we were attacking.

Also our set-pieces were terrible! 

Agreed. Didn't think he was all that tonight. 

Early days though. This is a well drilled team (usually) and hopefully he'll grow into it. 

1 minute ago, DT The Optimist said:

We bossed possession without any real threat.  Do not agree Ameobi was donkey, thought he looked best striker on the park, on tonights show anyway.

Yes, BOLTON are not a bad side at home, recent form at home is good. We had a couple of chances, but having over 60% possession in your own half and middle of the park ? 

Reminded me of the Norwich home game. Bossed possession, didn't really create much. Caught by a sucker punch goal. 

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

What lesson?

What lesson?

Thinking we are better then what we are and not just have to turn up for results. Right back was needed, so are we going to lose Smith now at right back until Baker returns. No good having an engine and then take the key away.

Ameobi reminded me of JET.  In hindsight, we might have done better with Magnússon a straight replacement for Baker, but the problem is that we can’t get behind a packed defence.  In that respect, I thought Kent was poor.

yes very true. Cannot be bothered to look now, but wonder what he cost Bolton.  I am aware that he has played for both Nigeria AND England youth level.  Work that out.

Yep bad day at office, but looked a narrow pitch ?

Just now, Red said:

Thinking we are better then what we are and not just have to turn up for results. Right back was needed, so are we going to lose Smith now at right back until Baker returns. No good having an engine and then take the key away.

I don’t believe that’s the case.  I think Johnson knows exactly how good we are, and he was right to say that tonight would be a tough match.  It was never going to be the sort of game to suits us.  No lessons to be learned for me, just a bad night all round.  We should stick to what we’ve been good at all season and go again next week.

Chelsea didn’t become a bad team overnight by losing to Bournemouth.

Best not to get too down. Bolton are scrapping and Ameobi had a 8/10 game. Ref shite, penalty inside 10 minutes and we're looking at a different game.

Possession good still, but need to sacrifice some for more goal threat. LJ not happy at the end, massive chance next Saturday.

Chins UP   all of us

PS Bolton defended well  by fair means or foul

Whole team were poor but Joe Bryan had his worst game this season by a mile. He’s been fantastic, but tonight it looked like all the hype and transfer speculation had gone to his head. Generally poor, Little had him on toast a couple of times, and that half hearted challenge on  Ameobi was everything he usual isn’t. 

4 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Yes, after at early booking.  Could not risk another hence Ameobi shrugged him off on his run for the goal. Stupid early yellow 

Fed up with our reckless tackles. We have too many bookings. Need to reign it in. Baker stupid for last week 

11 minutes ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

Not enough quality in our side, final ball is woeful. Mid table is calling

Sorry Kev, but that's desparate. City got mugged by a well organised side who are fighting for their lives. Remember when we were in a similar position to the Trotters and thrashed a play-off bound Huddersfield?

We have enough quality with a number of key players returning from injury to learn a harsh lesson and still secure a top 6 position.

Archived