IGNORED

A good result....

Cornacix the Druid

....as long as this serves as a kick up the a## for both players and manager. You never climb the ladder without being challenged and sometimes getting it wrong. I did feel that there was a feeling of "we just need to turn up" arrogance about the team and this needs to stop now. The only way you get these fantastic results we have been getting is by trying/giving100% and getting tactics right. Sadly this didn't happen tonight on both counts. As long as everyone learns from this I'm happy. We're still up there and we can still make a good go for promotion. I think we've all seen how good we can be, so it's not unattainable. This is our first year for a while at the right end of the Champoinship, we're going to get it wrong, but I'm looking forward to he team proving the critics wrong. They will. 

25 minutes ago, Marty said:

....as long as this serves as a kick up the a## for both players and manager. You never climb the ladder without being challenged and sometimes getting it wrong. I did feel that there was a feeling of "we just need to turn up" arrogance about the team and this needs to stop now. The only way you get these fantastic results we have been getting is by trying/giving100% and getting tactics right. Sadly this didn't happen tonight on both counts. As long as everyone learns from this I'm happy. We're still up there and we can still make a good go for promotion. I think we've all seen how good we can be, so it's not unattainable. This is our first year for a while at the right end of the Champoinship, we're going to get it wrong, but I'm looking forward to he team proving the critics wrong. They will. 

spot on!

1 hour ago, Marty said:

Brilliant post. It was like the first half of Hull away but for 90 minutes - we were off our game and needed to be rallied. We really should try not to throw everything else away because that didnt happen. If you're a fan of agricultural teams Bolton were pretty good.

What I noticed was our pressing game which has served us so well this season was non existent today, did the team think Bolton would be a walk over, because no game is a given in this league especially now teams are fighting to survive and whoever wants it more wins and as Johnson said unfortunately today Bolton seemed to want it more than us and as Marty said as long as they learn from this then maybe tonight isn't so bad, oh and but it's definitely not the be all and end all of our season still along way to go with plenty more twists and turns along the way so let's just enjoy the ride and see where it takes us ctid 

5 hours ago, SX227 said:

Well luckily we have had 7 'good results' out of the last 9 games - so hopefully it's sunk in at last.

We are a good side - just need to get out of this self-induced slump.

The next 3 games will dictate our season.

And they are not easy.

One loss in three is hardly a slump.

No game in this league is easy . If a team is not ' on it ' then they can be punished.

We had problems even passing to each other last night .

I regret that we didn't bring in a right back , ' making do ' is not how clubs aiming for the Prem function .

9 hours ago, Marty said:

I like that. Is that David Brent? 

Archived