IGNORED

Give Bobby a rest?

Blazeyrobins

31 minutes ago, Blazeyrobins said:

Personally I would. Been great so far but must be knackard

Engvall chopping at the bit? Did ok for the 5 min on the pitch

Start with Diony and Fammy next week?

That’s down to lee and the stats team,if he isn’t doing the running that he did first half of the season they will pick it up and then give him a rest.He is struggling in front of goal tho clearly but are you suggesting drop him from the squad because you said engvall is chomping at the bit and then said dede and diony should start 

I have been saying this for awhile. He is basically like a foreign signing as he isn’t used to this many games this quickly at the pace he has been playing at. Fair play to him he still has the energy to close down and press but surely Gustav or Diony can play this role for a few games over the rest of the season? 

Nope Bobby doesn’t need a rest. Top scorer and in MHO looking still full of confidence and energy.  

LJ made a mistake last night putting him back into midfield. We’ve seen enough of bobby as a midfielder over the last 3 or 4 seasons to know he has not been good enough as a midfielder. To have taken off Pack and end up with Bobby in midfield was scandalous. 

32 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That’s down to lee and the stats team,if he isn’t doing the running that he did first half of the season they will pick it up and then give him a rest.He is struggling in front of goal tho clearly but are you suggesting drop him from the squad because you said engvall is chomping at the bit and then said dede and diony should start 

Just some options, still in the squad but think he has run his socks off ,

maybe we need to mix it up a bit

I think he should start BUT he should not be above being subbed to change things up.

He should have went off for Diony to maintain our shape but it seems LJ will find a way to keep him on.

I know the hindsight argument but this is not the first time we have pressed hard for a goal, put Bobby in midfield and lost - we need to learn lessons and sometimes changing it up is a straight swap ie forward for a forward and not a defender or midfielder for a forward.

1 hour ago, aa_bcfc said:

Nope Bobby doesn’t need a rest. Top scorer and in MHO looking still full of confidence and energy.  

LJ made a mistake last night putting him back into midfield. We’ve seen enough of bobby as a midfielder over the last 3 or 4 seasons to know he has not been good enough as a midfielder. To have taken off Pack and end up with Bobby in midfield was scandalous. 

I didn’t think it helped to put Bobby back there, would’ve been better to have him still up top.

Archived