IGNORED

Paterson

Beni71

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Bollocks.

Was arguably our biggest threat earlier in the season. Been in a bad patch of form. He's a real talent, and a bargain at the price we paid imo.

Bollocks ... brill that!!

Fantastic talent . Needs to do the business more often. Work in progress and not the finished article. 

1 minute ago, shelts said:

Bollocks ... brill that!!

Fantastic talent . Needs to do the business more often. Work in progress and not the finished article. 

Hahaha, very underused swear word imo. Needs to come back in to circulation.

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 23:58, BS4 on Tour... said:

Plonker....

I mean he makes 3 or more posts that clearly suggest he isn't talking about Paterson so unsure why you're defending him and feel the need to abuse me for making a perfectly valid suggestion?

1. Clearly watch the Man City game back and see Kevin De Bruyne's goal in the first leg. Please watch this again and confirm to me as suspected it is Marlon Pack who is out of position jogging back - in turn allowing De Bruyne to score, and not paterson. Furthermore Paterson was playing the number 10 role behind the striker so don't really think he is the one to blame for not defending a counter attack, being the second most attacking Bristol player on the pitch. 

2. Watch the Bolton highlights and tell me where exactly you expect Paterson to be helping out in defending that goal, as clearly your knowledge of the game is better than mine as I'm struggling. I'd personally say it's unlikely to be Patersons fault seeing as he was substituted off for Magnússon 5 minutes earlier. Interested to hear your wisdom on this point though, thanks in advance.

3. If you'd watched Bristol at all this season you'd be aware he has predominantly played out wide or behind the striker. So seems unusual that in a post about our CAM/LM that he would suggest we need a new CDM (Marlon Packs position).

Further to the 3 obvious points above, I'd say to call our leading assister with 8 assists and 6 goals a "weak link" in the team as suggested unfair. Marlon Pack has however been somewhat inconsistent in games I've seen.   

Final point is the quote ... "I'm not looking to crap of Paterson but CM is a glaring issue in your team & is costing you hefty in big games". As previously mentioned he has not played CM this season so don't think it's such an odd question to ask, Marlon Pack however has.

I'm not looking to put down the original poster, I'm simply justifying why I asked the question and am unsure what from the original post confirmed to you that he was indeed talking about Paterson, and justified your need for abuse?

Thanks!

I think he's clearly pretty creative. Maybe too late this season, but I wouldn't mind seeing something like...at least in pre-season next season as a good Plan B and something that might help him affect the game even more than he has this season.

Fielding

Wright Flint Baker

Brownhill/O'Dowda/Kent Smith and Brownhill/Pack Bryan

Paterson Reid

Diedhiou

Or more likely, Paterson behind Reid and Diedhiou- like kind of a 3-4-1-2 or a 3-4-3 but with Reid and Paterson drifting wide and central behind the focal point in Fammy. Inside forwards albeit in Paterson's case especially able to move out wide as and when too.

I do think he could definitely affect the game pretty well in a central role behind the striker- except a bit more central than now but with license. His work rate behind the striker/ or strikers too would see an advantage over where Tomlin failed. Could also play Kent for Brownhill out on the right too...we have a fair few options now.

That's the thing though now...we have a squad with options, with versatility- and especially when the injured players come back though. We can mix and match, change games with subs- don't remember such a deep City squad as this (supporter since 1998) at this level.

Ah no- forgot about O'Dowda. O'Dowda and Bryan, with 2 out of Smith and Pack in central pair...what great options we have though!

I said in the thread where someone was advocating that Bobby Reid be rested, that Pato appeared to be in much more need of a rest. I don't know if the hip problem that he had has not been totally resolved, or whether it is just general tiredness but he has been off it for a while now.  

On 2/4/2018 at 16:12, Beni71 said:

Without a doubt one of my favourite players to watch when on song. Has great close control and makes us tick as a team. Like a few wasn’t at his best on Friday. His first touch, unusually, has been wanting in the last couple of games and slightly off form. 

He’s a player I would always have in my starting XI. I like him as a number 10 and don’t believe he’s as effective wide as doesn’t have the blistering pace. With Kent /Diony arriving and famara returning from injury we have more resources in the offensive positions. If we are to make the playoffs I think we need Paterson on the pitch where he can influence the game. Not sure we see him at his best in 442.

He has been awful for about a month now and I suspect that he above all players who played at Bolton was one LJ accused of pulling out of tackles.

If he is given free licence and not expected to carry out midfield or defensive duties then fine but expect him to actually be part of a midfield then that weakens the midfield, because the guy cannot tackle.

8 minutes ago, CityLew said:

His goal against Sheffield United was brilliant, probably my favourite league goal from City this season so far.

His free kick against Derby was brilliant (probably the only successful free kick all season) but he is inconsistent certainly at the moment and not tough enough in midfield.

27 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

He has been awful for about a month now and I suspect that he above all players who played at Bolton was one LJ accused of pulling out of tackles.

If he is given free licence and not expected to carry out midfield or defensive duties then fine but expect him to actually be part of a midfield then that weakens the midfield, because the guy cannot tackle.

He has been pushed out onto the wing which didn't suit him at Forest and was quoted as one of the reasons why he wanted leave .

I personally feel that he needs to find more consistency in his play . He is fantastic when on form but invisible other times.

Come on Jamie , fire us to the Prem.

53 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

He has been pushed out onto the wing which didn't suit him at Forest and was quoted as one of the reasons why he wanted leave .

I personally feel that he needs to find more consistency in his play . He is fantastic when on form but invisible other times.

Come on Jamie , fire us to the Prem.

His best position is playing in a free roaming no.10 role, opportunities for that will be very limited now we have Reid, Fammy & Diony all pushing for starts. Personally I'd leave him on the bench for now, as you say he has been 'invisible' in recent games being asked to play on the flanks and we cannot afford to carry him.

4 hours ago, city2015 said:

....Furthermore Paterson was playing the number 10 role behind the striker so don't really think he is the one to blame for not defending a counter attack, being the second most attacking Bristol player on the pitch. 

....If you'd watched Bristol at all this season you'd be aware he has predominantly played out wide or behind the striker....

Bristol??!!

3 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

His free kick against Derby was brilliant (probably the only successful free kick all season) but he is inconsistent certainly at the moment and not tough enough in midfield.

Yeah, that was a great freekick! He has been off form recently but that coincides with our recent form where there have been other players that haven't performed to the same level either.

Still, he's been one of our best players this season imo.

25 minutes ago, city2015 said:

If you look at the name of the forum you're posting in then should be no confusion regarding who I'm talking about

Have you been supporting City long mate?

Not a dig at you, but surely nobody who's grown up supporting us would call us Bristol.

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Not a dig at you, but surely nobody who's grown up supporting us would call us Bristol.

As much as it irritates many that some people on this forum, and many pundits, call City "Bristol," I'm sure it irritates the blue few far more. People completely  ignoring the existence of their club must be infuriating, so it can't be that bad can It? 

1 minute ago, Williams' Penalty said:

As much as it irritates many that some people on this forum, and many pundits, call City "Bristol," I'm sure it irritates the blue few far more. People completely  ignoring the existence of their club must be infuriating, so it can't be that bad can It? 

Thing is, I've heard people refer to them as Bristol too, it's just that we're getting more press attention at the moment. Personally I think it's just ignorance. 

49 minutes ago, city2015 said:

If you look at the name of the forum you're posting in then should be no confusion regarding who I'm talking about

Absolutely no-one I know calls our club Bristol. They don’t ring or text me and say ‘are you going to the Bristol game?’ Everyone I know calls us City.  Do you seriously call our club Bristol in conversation?!! 

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Absolutely no-one I know calls our club Bristol. They don’t ring or text me and say ‘are you going to the Bristol game?’ Everyone I know calls us City.  Do you seriously call our club Bristol in conversation?!! 

I think some of it might be relative to how easy it is to pronounce a word/name. If we were on the telly, it's easier to call us Bristol, as we're not Citeh, which is now used to refer to Man City, I don't recall that term used for them until recent times, possibly in an attempt to emulate "United", because everyone knows what united they refer to, don't they? There's only one Forest, Villa, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, etc. Funnily, Newcastle are referred to as that and depending on which Sheffield is playing, to "Sheffield", sometimes Wednesday, rarely United, Likewise WHU become the Hammers. It seems to be whatever is easiest to the person speaking. We of course refer to our City as "City", to an outsider, and sometimes Bristolians, they enquire, "which City"? 

Of course I could be totally wrong and someone will undoubtedly educate me of that within a very short space of time.

Anyway, that's how I see it and there's no offence intended by commentators, I'm sure.

Paterson has been a class act this season and one of our most important and influential players. 

Considering he was a bit part player up until this season he has come on leaps and bounds.

For me there isn't a championship side he wouldn't get into....most he would start bar Wolves.

A class act at this level. Slight dip in recent weeks which can be said for every player in our squad.

2 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Paterson has been a class act this season and one of our most important and influential players. 

Considering he was a bit part player up until this season he has come on leaps and bounds.

For me there isn't a championship side he wouldn't get into....most he would start bar Wolves.

A class act at this level. Slight dip in recent weeks which can be said for every player in our squad.

I think it coincides with us playing a more defensive game against the Manchester clubs and recently, having to play in a defined position, to accommodate others selected, players returning from injury, changes in formation and, generally not having the free role he had which did enable him to use all his skills. Sad really but, we need to bring out the best in more players, rather than rely too heavily on a couple.

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Is he fully fit or still having problems with the hamstrings? 

Never, ever know with ‘hammers’!

Is he consistent enough for a team that is close to the top of the table? 

From the early season ‘stuff’ I saw, I think he is a fine player / defender.  Really hope he comes back on song.

Probably not and no are my answers. 

5 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

I went to my first game aged 4, over 20 years ago and we beat port vale yeah. However, as someone who supports bristol city but having never lived within 100 miles of bristol and currently living in manchester referring to your club as city generally doesn't work too well. The post in which I referred to 'bristol' was discussing a match between Manchester city and bristol city hence the term bristol seemed more suited to differentiate. 

Archived