IGNORED

Messi

AshtonGreat

Had the privilege of seeing him three years ago. Incredible talent. Was unplayable on the day I saw him v Levante. Have heard quite a few say that Man City are the best team in Europe or even the World. Brilliant as they are I don't see their defence stopping Messi and Barcelona. Still, if anybody knows it will be Guardiola. Will be fun watching though...

3 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Had the privilege of seeing him three years ago. Incredible talent. Was unplayable on the day I saw him v Levante. Have heard quite a few say that Man City are the best team in Europe or even the World. Brilliant as they are I don't see their defence stopping Messi and Barcelona. Still, if anybody knows it will be Guardiola. Will be fun watching though...

Pep came up with a good quote earlier in the season. When asked if Man City were favourites to win the CL, he said 'Who does Messi play for? They're the favourites.'

2 minutes ago, Ciudad Bristol said:

Some of those defenders though - bit too much respect, should be making challenges.

He's impossible to defend against at the end of the day.

Commit and step up, he'll put the ball round you/go past you and beat you for pace, while magically keeping the ball glued to his foot.

Force him wide, he'll put the ball on Suarez's head.

Force him inside, he'll beat 4 other players and chip the keeper.

Bayern game a few years ago always stick in my mind, he made Boateng look like a Conference South centre half.

56 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

He's impossible to defend against at the end of the day.

Commit and step up, he'll put the ball round you/go past you and beat you for pace, while magically keeping the ball glued to his foot.

Force him wide, he'll put the ball on Suarez's head.

Force him inside, he'll beat 4 other players and chip the keeper.

Bayern game a few years ago always stick in my mind, he made Boateng look like a Conference South centre half.

I still remember half the pub gasping when he scored that goal - only a few minutes after he'd scored his first

8 hours ago, eastonboy said:

He's good, but could he do  it on a cold December evening in Scunthorpe?

In a few years time he and Ronaldo will retire without ever had the pleasure of winning at Gillingham on a cold, wet Tuesday night in January.

9 hours ago, Calculus said:

I believe Man City will win the CL this season, they are an incredible side.

The intensity of the PL does go against English sides in Europe come the serious part of the CL if Man City stay so far ahead they will almost have won the PL before the QF's and can afford to rest key players.

1. This post is not taking anything away from Messi - he is astonishing.

2. Given how we took them so close in the semi final, if we can get back to that level, and soon................

12 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Best player ever for me. Certainly the best in my lifetime, anyway.

11 hours ago, Calculus said:

Now we nearly beat Manchester City (certainly didn’t get humiliated) surely we could do Barca!!!!(as long as they don’t put 10 men behind the ball ala Bolton)

Archived