IGNORED

Cardiff Home End

BCFC1512

51 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Thank you for asking.

i don’t know the sags view I am afraid 

my view and that of South Wales police no doubt will be that this is something that can add to the threat of disorder. If you read through previous threads on this forum when big games happen at the gate home fans quite rightly get very irate at the threat of this happening. It causes or can lead to disorder even if you just sit there with your hands under your legs and not speaking! 

There will be no transfers to the away area

if you get found out before the game or on entry there will be no refunds ( as per conditions on the back of the ticket) 

this fixture is the opportunity to show that without any restrictions at all it can be reasonably trouble free , it is a step closer to a bigger allocation next time around if the game is the only thing we are talking about after , having away fans in home areas is not something that helps provide a peaceful event . 

What absolute nonsensical drivel.

"Opportunity" for whom exactly? The minority of fans who may cause trouble who as a result mean that thousands of others can't get tickets? 

It's a football match. One with bitter rivalry. Until the SAG / Police understand and accept that they will never "solve their problem". Sticking heads in the sand and restricting ticket numbers won't, that's for sure.

43 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Ahh a 'booting' ayyy. All talk im afraid.. you play up and quite rightly you get whats coming as you would at Ashton gate.. dont play up and Its happy days, Cardiff City aren't what they used to be and this is Lego Land not Ninian, the welsh foOkers are deluded on there.

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

Thank you for asking.

i don’t know the sags view I am afraid 

my view and that of South Wales police no doubt will be that this is something that can add to the threat of disorder. If you read through previous threads on this forum when big games happen at the gate home fans quite rightly get very irate at the threat of this happening. It causes or can lead to disorder even if you just sit there with your hands under your legs and not speaking! 

There will be no transfers to the away area

if you get found out before the game or on entry there will be no refunds ( as per conditions on the back of the ticket) 

this fixture is the opportunity to show that without any restrictions at all it can be reasonably trouble free , it is a step closer to a bigger allocation next time around if the game is the only thing we are talking about after , having away fans in home areas is not something that helps provide a peaceful event . 

So the police actually acknowledge that by giving a reduced allocation to Bristol City they are actually increasing the chances of disorder at the game! Outstanding decision making....

There will be hundreds dotted around the Cardiff ends I imagine. There will be those who have got them there that are keeping quiet about it and it seems there are numbers here who have stated they have home end tickets. This is going to cause more disorder than giving us extra tickets. At least if all the City fans were in one place it is easier to manage. There is now the potential for pockets of trouble all around the stadium. Sadly I can't see this being a trouble free fixture as it currently stands. The club will hopefully be able to source more tickets to stop further fans from buying in home end. It the last thing that fans want to do but when even a large section of season ticket holders didn't even have a chance to buy a ticket, it bound to happen.

8 hours ago, JulieH said:

Usually quite sympathetic towards you on here, but this is absolute drivel.  The person who attacked the steward has been arrested and sentenced but for some strange reason known only to the secret SAG and Heads gone Heddu they've decided to punish around 500 people for no other reason than petty spite. Imagine a scenario where a doorman was assaulted on a Saturday night in a pub in  town and the perpetrator arrested and sentenced , now fast forward 9 months and you decide to ban 500 people who may or may not have been in the pub that night  !   It is what it is , an injustice.

8 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Famously bad. Bottles of piss wasn't it?

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, and coins and bricks and sharpened umbrellas...cops just laughed at us too...

all of those things... it was always a shocker of a trip and the Welsh Police seemed to want to do nothing about it.

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The new ground is a walk in the park compared to my six trips to Ninian Park....vile atmosphere back then....

I’ve been to some dodgy grounds back in the day and seen a fair amount of trouble, but for whatever reason Cardiff never fell right for me, really regret missing out on the Ninian ‘experience’ now.

7 hours ago, hodge said:

So the police actually acknowledge that by giving a reduced allocation to Bristol City they are actually increasing the chances of disorder at the game! Outstanding decision making....

No the police have acknowledged that away fans buying tickets in home areas increases chances of disorder. Big difference . 

2 hours ago, weepywall said:

I will be very surprised if there is hundreds in the home end, maybe a few scattered about.

I think you'll be surprised then. Otib is only a small % of city fans & there is already a fair few admitting they have home tickets. When we found out about the initial allocation (6 of us) we arranged for a friend who lives on the outskirts of Cardiff to get us tickets - sorted no problem. Lucky for us we got tickets on Monday so no issues but just shows how easy it is to get hold of tickets if required. 

Just out of interest was the CCTV ever released from the concourse? Thought I remember Julie saying it will be released after the court proceedings to prove the that there actually was serious disorder? I'm aware of the steward incident which is dreadful and tbh think as a repeat offender the lad should have been dealt with heavier, but apart from that all I saw was some chanting and a few beers being thrown over themselves (not heddlu) out of plastic cups. As for the flare or banger didn't that come over from the other side? 

2 minutes ago, Can't stand me now said:

I think you'll be surprised then. Otib is only a small % of city fans & there is already a fair few admitting they have home tickets. When we found out about the initial allocation (6 of us) we arranged for a friend who lives on the outskirts of Cardiff to get us tickets - sorted no problem. Lucky for us we got tickets on Monday so no issues but just shows how easy it is to get hold of tickets if required. 

Just out of interest was the CCTV ever released from the concourse? Thought I remember Julie saying it will be released after the court proceedings to prove the that there actually was serious disorder? I'm aware of the steward incident which is dreadful and tbh think as a repeat offender the lad should have been dealt with heavier, but apart from that all I saw was some chanting and a few beers being thrown over themselves (not heddlu) out of plastic cups. As for the flare or banger didn't that come over from the other side? 

Probably doesn't fit the narrative to release it.

1 minute ago, Can't stand me now said:

Cctv has not been released.

the banger was thrown by so called city fans in an attempt to throw it over the concourse divide, unfortunately it wasn’t thrown high enough and bounced back into city fans .

the offender was a repeat football offender and I know South Wales police were disappointed with the sentence as was the steward. He remains on a suspended sentence for which he has already breached once when he attended a Bristol City game in September and was recognised by city stewards and spotters so he has served time in custody as a result 

@JulieH the anger you refer to being evident on here re away fans in home areas only happens when it's a sold out fixture and it prevents home fans from coming.

If you look you actually find many admitting they have sat in home ends when: the away end is sold out and tickets in the home end are readily available. Where home tickets are not readily available - Manchester clubs' fixtures for instance - it's a different proposition robbing a home fan of a ticket and that causes the anger.

Cardiff won't sell out their home ends. 

3 minutes ago, 29AR said:

@JulieH the anger you refer to being evident on here re away fans in home areas only happens when it's a sold out fixture and it prevents home fans from coming.

If you look you actually find many admitting they have sat in home ends when: the away end is sold out and tickets in the home end are readily available. Where home tickets are not readily available - Manchester clubs' fixtures for instance - it's a different proposition robbing a home fan of a ticket and that causes the anger.

Cardiff won't sell out their home end. It makes it very different. 

Unfortunately sold out home areas or not it doesn’t lessen the risk of disorder on the day .

11 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Imagine my shock.

Yes I guess I am stating the obvious. Just wanted to point out that if we as fans can envisage this then why didnt the people who placed the restriction? 

6 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Unfortunately sold out home areas or not it doesn’t lessen the risk of disorder on the day .

I agree. But the irony is that only a sensible away allocation lessens the risk. The police and the SAG are the ones who have increased the risk of disorder, knowingly and willingly. 

If there was a serious disorder I wonder how comfortable the police/SAG would feel with their decision reviewed in hindsight... you should be getting your defences lined up in my opinion. 

19 minutes ago, JulieH said:

No the police have acknowledged that away fans buying tickets in home areas increases chances of disorder. Big difference . 

But surely limiting the number of tickets to Bristol City fans INCREASES the risk of our fans buying tickets in the home stands....which then ultimately increases the chances of disorder...???...And whos decision was it to limit the allocation to us ??

5 minutes ago, JulieH said:

I know this isn’t your personal decision but can the police not see the irony in this? As mentioned above there will be 10k empty seats just makes more sense to give away side a fair allocation - easier to contain. Prevention is better then cure 

2 minutes ago, KevP said:

But surely limiting the number of tickets to Bristol City fans INCREASES the risk of our fans buying tickets in the home stands....which then ultimately increases the chances of disorder...???...And whos decision was it to limit the allocation to us ??

The decision re ticket allocation was taken with sag, police and club officials around the table . 

I am at a loss to think that city fans on here truly believe that the police knew disorder would increase as a result of reduced allocation. 

The risk of disorder increases only with the risk of away fans buying in home areas, not a decision made a number of weeks ago by all involved parties to limit away ticket sales .

when purchasing tickets part of the conditions of sale in very small print is that you buy the ticket for the area of the stadium for which team you support, Bristol city have monitored and referred to this rule when Leeds and Birmingham both played here and many people lost money and wasted a day travelling to find the ticket at the turnstiles had already been blocked . 

2 minutes ago, JulieH said:

The decision re ticket allocation was taken with sag, police and club officials around the table . 

I am at a loss to think that city fans on here truly believe that the police knew disorder would increase as a result of reduced allocation. 

The risk of disorder increases only with the risk of away fans buying in home areas, not a decision made a number of weeks ago by all involved parties to limit away ticket sales .

when purchasing tickets part of the conditions of sale in very small print is that you buy the ticket for the area of the stadium for which team you support, Bristol city have monitored and referred to this rule when Leeds and Birmingham both played here and many people lost money and wasted a day travelling to find the ticket at the turnstiles had already been blocked . 

Then respectfully you've not been attending football matches for as long as many of us to have witnessed these things, and to know exactly how these things can work in "football circles". Rightly or wrongly it happens...

BTW, why has the option to post reactions to your posts "disappeared"...? Eh ??? 

4 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Are you saying the police didn’t have the foresight to predict an increased risk of away fans in home areas - with the associated prospect of disorder - that comes with reducing the away allocation?

12 hours ago, shelts said:

Fair play to you . We kind of deplore it when it happens at BS3, special circumstances this time!!

Not really, only United when their fans buying tickets in the home end could’ve meant our supporters missing out on that cup tie.

Rule of thumb seems to be to control your emotions if you do. For a game with 10k empty seats it’s not quite the same.

Archived