IGNORED

Cardiff Home End

BCFC1512

Personally, prefer police resources are directed to tackling real scumbags in society rather than dealing with some high spirited yobs at a footie match. In principle, therefore,  would agree with police actions that would reduce the likelihood of an outbreak mass yobery.

Action though needs to be proportionate, targetted and effective and to be demonstrated as such, via a transparent risk assessment, particularly, if many ‘innocents’ are going to be adversely impacted.

To argue that a couple of fans misbehaved at the last match and therefore we’re punishing everyone appears unreasonable to me. Added to that any risk assessment should have flagged up the risk of away fans incursions into home areas and the need to police that. Now we’ve all heard the bravado of visiting fans saying they’re going in our home ends and it’s happened only a few occasions at our place in the last 40 odd years (due to our rather effective self-policing). City though chasing promotion with a much restricted allocation with half empty home ends and journey of just 30 or so minutes away? Unlikely that it’ll be big mobs but suspect some groups will give it a go. 

On balance, I suspect more police resource will now be required to monitor home areas than would have been required to control any of our yobs in the away end. 

Seems a bit of an ‘own goal’ to me which does nothing to save on police resources but a lot to inconvenience genuine football fans. 

4 minutes ago, bluebirdccfc said:

a bloody cold one! :laugh:

Well providing immediate feedback to the away club who sold it doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

If it was cold and one of those meat free, cheese and onion types then the selling club got off lightly if all they had to do was scrape a bit of puff pastry off the pitch.

People have been a shanked around these parts for less.

Rightly or wrongly, fans were always going to go into home ends after being given such a poor allocation. It’s obvious and happens at pretty much every football club.

I really struggle to believe OB wouldn’t of foreseen this, so if/when it goes tits up in Cardiff they’ve played a part for sure. 

• The title was changed to Cardiff Home End
6 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

If we are in the same league next season. I hope we give them hardly **** all . And have St George flags absolutely everywhere. Strokers 

5 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Some absolute belter will try and put a stop to that.

No Flags? Oh well,

Where there's a will etc... 

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=st george cross T-Shirt&qs=n&form=QBIR&sp=-1&pq=st george cross t-shirt&sc=2-23&sk=&cvid=4EEABEC6D1FA4CCFA957D74A79A4E295 

Choose something like one of these, wear it inside out, back to front etc under a jumper take your seat then wait for the 'big mass reveal' as the teams line up...   Would be an impressive display, and simply patriotic too.

(who needs flags? & the club cant be condoning what they don't previously know about  :whistle2: either eh? )   

4 hours ago, lenred said:

Why don't you focus your efforts then on increasing the capacity of the club that you represent? 

Why have you rubbished my suggestion @BoneyardTIM? Do you think it better that City fans be treated this way because of the actions of less than a handful of people and have to either miss the game altogether or risk sitting  in the home end!? Not offended at all just interested in your views. 

4 hours ago, bluebirdccfc said:

not from our understanding, there is little obviously a club can do if the police decide its high risk. I'm sure they could even cancel or force behind closed doors. Which is totally over the top.

Like i said, you should get the tickets you want. no reason why not. More money for both clubs, makes for a better experience and derby.

We've been banned completely from clubs (like Wolves) because one drunk fan threw a pie on the pitch. didn't even get kicked out for it. So we know what its like.

If only Tomlin was playing, it would have been scoffed before you could say ‘who’s pasty is that pie?’ !

Ridiculous asking for a poll to get rid of Julie, like the gas or any away fans I have no problem with them coming on here, this isn’t gaschat, but i’d Have more respect for her if she took her “police hat” off and accepted how wrong this is, you are depriving 2000 fans or more from attending a football match because a steward got whacked and a flare was thrown, I was at the game and in the concourse and it was the most timid experience i’ve ever experienced at a Severnside derby, I shall be sat in the home stand but luckily I have no problem keeping my mouth shut and will be able to hide my emotion even if we get a last minute winner.

5 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

The police form part of the SAG. It was the overall SAG who made the decision, not the police solely 

According to our website:

“The decision to reduce the ticket allocation was as a result of request from South Wales Police to hold an extraordinary SAG Meeting.

In that meeting they produced evidence of recent disorder and asked for our allocation to be cut by 50 per cent."

Quite clearly a police decision. 

2 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

“The decision to reduce the ticket allocation was as a result of request from South Wales Police to hold an extraordinary SAG Meeting.

In that meeting they produced evidence of recent disorder and asked for our allocation to be cut by 50 per cent."

******* hell, would really like to see this evidence that potentially punishes families wanting to take their children to a close away game.

9 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

The SAG is made up of around 20 different individuals though, who would all have come to this decision together. Only 2 or 3 of those would have been police. 

9 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

The SAG is made up of around 20 different individuals though, who would all have come to this decision together. Only 2 or 3 of those would have been police. 

Lets be right though, if that's what the police want that's what they'll get. I highly doubt they'd be overruled on what they view as "safety measures" by club officials and council members. 

Not suggesting that the members of the SAG would've opposed it anyway, but evidently the instigation of the meeting and result of said meeting was down to the police.

13 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Probably the only way you're going to meet him face to face???

I think you will find that @JulieH has asked @TETBURY MASSIVE out several times to see how match day policing works, but none has been taken up. Perhaps if she threw in a nice vegan salad and a green tea, he might go for it!:whistle:

2 hours ago, lenred said:

Why have you rubbished my suggestion @BoneyardTIM? Do you think it better that City fans be treated this way because of the actions of less than a handful of people and have to either miss the game altogether or risk sitting  in the home end!? Not offended at all just interested in your views. 

Because Len, I don't think a member of Avon & Somerset has any say in what the South Wales police force do, do you?

Archived