IGNORED

Will he be sacked

Redmycolour

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I'd love LJ to become what Alex Ferguson was at Utd.

As long as we continued in the same vein as we are now.

Lets face it...every team is trying to chase the golden carrot. You can only have so much success as a team outside the top 6.

It's worth trying to close the gap in 'Our Way'....so many other teams doing the same old for years and years...yet it doesn't work and they keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

As long as everyone is singing off the same hymn sheet and believing in how the club are doing things....what a great feeling.

In all my years, I can't remember feeling so positive about how this club is being run.

Forget the results....and if you take everything else going on in the background...how wonderful.

I'm all for stability and growing together.

You're on good form Spudski - two excellent posts in the same thread and you're one of my favourite posters.

Like a few others, wasnt that pleased when LJ made manager but he has certainly changed one hell of a lot of minds at AG including myself. We are watching a Bristol City team now that is going somewhere, but it sure doesn't happen in seconds, just look at where we have been since we were formed and it dont look half bad. Yes we are impatient but a lot of us have been supporting the team for 50 + years and have had so many many years of bad seasons that we are immune now . I am enjoying watching City now as much as I did in the AD era and like a lot of the fan base, it hurts when we seem to not be 'following the blueprint' and lose to the likes of Bolton, albeit it on the box as well. I am convinced we will be there, if not this year, but def next. As they say, beware of what you wish for. We have a committed Head Coach, and I believe he is getting it right now and sooner rather than later, we as supporters will reap the reward, but we don't want a rise to the top flight and then back down again so patience will out. It's just around the corner so a bit more patience please .:city:

Since relegation from the Championship in 2013, and the new approach (5 pillars) put into place, we have finished:

2014:  12th in L1 (56/92)

2015:  1st in L1 (45/92)

2016:  18th in Championship (38/92)

2017:  17th in Championship (37/92).

2018:  currently 6th in Championship (26/92).

Clearly, progress is evident. Can we improve for a fifth successive season and finish higher next year than this season?

Owners not having a clue sack managers to win time. Why was the "nut" appointed in the first place? If you are convinced she/he is the right women/man stick to here/him. What will Fenty do with Slade? The English game should be better off with women in charge as they are far smarter than the total men nuts involved in English football

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

Since relegation from the Championship in 2013, and the new approach (5 pillars) put into place, we have finished:

2014:  12th in L1 (56/92)

2015:  1st in L1 (45/92)

2016:  18th in Championship (38/92)

2017:  17th in Championship (37/92).

2018:  currently 6th in Championship (26/92).

Clearly, progress is evident. Can we improve for a fifth successive season and finish higher next year than this season?

Interesting post. I've enjoyed this season and Johnson has well and truly earned a pass ( which I don't think he needs) the real intrigue is in whether we can kick on next season?

12 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Half the population is discriminated. 100 braindead men are circulating to get a very, very, very good paid off job. And get sacked because they are incompetent. Laughing all the way to the bank. Women talk a lot and a lot of bullshit  but not as much total shit as managers 

Just to clarify, you want women to be given managerial roles in football? Based on them being women?

I think the club has made it crystal clear what their policy and approach is.  The club will stick with LJ as long as it sticks with its policy, which looks extremely unlikely to change - the commitment is so absolute.

The ride to the Premiership could be relatively short, 2/3 seasons, or long, 7/8 seasons. It is also possible, if it is long, it may involve at some point relegation. But the plan and the staff won't change until the goal of the club is reached.

Sit back, enjoy the ride, savour the journey.  This doesn't mean we can't express our disappointments at performances or transfers during this journey.

Just hope I live long enough to see the goal achieved.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

You're close to being on it PF...

@Phileas Fogg Close but no cigar! :P

Going back to OP, I think he’s quids in, and would take something dramatic for SL to pull the plug.  We won’t lose lose 16 games, we are very unlikely to lose 10.  Personally I see us maintaining top 6.

In some respects Lee showed his ability to make quick progress a few times in his short tenure.

- when he first took over

- the start to 16/17, when we showed early promise of getting to where we are now

- the end of 16/17, when he found his ‘trusted’ team

- this season

Don’t get me wrong, he’s not perfect, but he’s showed that he can learn and is developing into a manager that will either take us up or be courted by Prem Clubs.....kinda following the model for our players too.  The current form is a little challenge for him.  It may define this season....but not the overall impression of him internally, by us fans and the footballing world.

The Barnsley fans who said he’d dump us like he did them, failed to factor in BRISTOL CITY.  Do you know what, it would surprise me if either:

• LJ was on on Leeds list, but they knew he was out of reach
  • Leeds tentatively enquirer about him - suspect they would have been told F.R.O.

Perhaps i’m Naive, but I can’t imagine in Lee’s Head there’s a bigger club for him at this level.

9 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Just to clarify, you want women to be given managerial roles in football? Based on them being women?

Based on half the population being discriminated. Imagine a well educated women working in a libarary earning peanuts. She don't care about football. Why should she? Give here 12h and she would be Englands best manager. She would learn and got a brain superior to any wastly, wastly, wastly overpaid chicken manager

10 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Based on half the population being discriminated. Imagine a well educated women working in a libarary earning peanuts. She don't care about football. Why should she? Give here 12h and she would be Englands best manager. She would learn and got a brain superior to any wastly, wastly, wastly overpaid chicken manager

Not being discriminated against, if women want to go in to football they can. They have every right to. Whether or not they'd be respected is a wholly different matter. 

Personally I'd rather have people who care about football managing my country, tbh.

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Not being discriminated against, if women want to go in to football they can. They have every right to. Whether or not they'd be respected is a wholly different matter. 

Personally I'd rather have people who care about football managing my country, tbh.

Women would do better. Look at the people circulating just because half of the population is discriminated.. In general women are smarter och mer uträknande än män. 

2 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Women would do better. Look at the people circulating just because half of the population is discriminated.. In general women are smarter och mer uträknande än män. 

In general means nothing. Individuals take these jobs. On average, more Indian people go to university, should they all be football managers?

I'd rather have people like Lee Johnson, male or female, black, blue or green, getting coaching badges. We can't just force a load of women in to a career they obviously have no interest in doing.

27 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

In general means nothing. Individuals take these jobs. On average, more Indian people go to university, should they all be football managers?

I'd rather have people like Lee Johnson, male or female, black, blue or green, getting coaching badges. We can't just force a load of women in to a career they obviously have no interest in doing.

are you sure?

7 hours ago, redmycolour said:

Just a routine question, why get nasty over it, you knxb,

because you knew damn well people would be thinking it was conti you were on about, get enough clickbait on other media platforms so don't start it on here, it was well deserved and you know it.

Archived