IGNORED

Frankie back tomorrow?

ashton_fan

Just more confident with Fielding in goal than Steele, to be honest. Steeles a good keeper but Fielding is better for me. While I was in bed this morning a terrible, terrible song for Frankie came to me, to the tune of Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten:

When the shots come flying in

No one else will be there for us, Fielding wont let them in

No one else, no one else

He’s the greatest on the pitch

He comes out with arms wide open

He’s our best hope for promotion

Fielding, Fielding

4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Just more confident with Fielding in goal than Steele, to be honest. Steeles a good keeper but Fielding is better for me. While I was in bed this morning a terrible, terrible song for Frankie came to me, to the tune of Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten:

No one else, no one else

Fielding, Fielding

Now I can understand you thinking about Natasha Bedingfield in bed, but Frankie?

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Actually think his kicking has improved.

Yeah, he's only kicking it into row B now instead of row Z.

I do rate Fielding, he's a great shot stopper but he needs to sort that kicking out. But, it doesn't help when our outfield players pass it on to his weaker foot under pressure.

7 minutes ago, CityLew said:

Yeah, he's only kicking it into row B now instead of row Z.

I do rate Fielding, he's a great shot stopper but he needs to sort that kicking out. But, it doesn't help when our outfield players pass it on to his weaker foot under pressure.

Have you seen Steele's kicking? it's far worse!

Shot Stopping: FF edges this one, but both are reflex type keepers

Handling: LS edges this one, I think he is technically just a smidge ahead

Commanding the box: Draw, although all of our CBs should know by now that they ought to attack it rather than rely on either keeper

Dead Ball Kicking - Distance:  FF by a good 10-15 yards.  He’s added that extra distance in the last 12 months.

Dead Ball Kicking - Accuracy:  LS, keeps it on the park far more than FF.

Open Play Kicking:  FF, I think is one of the best in the division, off either foot.  There are some shockers out there.  LS is decent enough, but FF is superior here.

What you need to work out is which attributes are more important, both for a keeper, and the way we play.

I’ve said often enough, that if you could go out and get a significant upgrade at a sensible fee, go for it.  Otherwise, be grateful that we’ve got two experienced keepers who are capable at this level.  In FFs case you could say he’s still improving.

16 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Little to choose between Steele and Fielding.  Both poor keepers in my opinion.

Kicking and distribution both woeful.

Neither command their boxes.

Both poor with crosses.

Defenders expect them to come for balls, which they dont.

Both are decent shot stoppers though.

Amazing we’ve been top six most of the season, eh?

Steele has let in one goal in two and a half league games, hardly Elliot Parish, is he?

39 minutes ago, Super said:

Have you seen Steele's kicking? it's far worse!

Yeah, he has poor kicking too. I would say their kicking abilities are about equal but it's more noticeable for Fielding because he plays the majority of games.

59 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Little to choose between Steele and Fielding.  Both poor keepers in my opinion.

Kicking and distribution both woeful.

Neither command their boxes.

Both poor with crosses.

Defenders expect them to come for balls, which they dont.

Both are decent shot stoppers though.

Very harsh both great keepers who are the same ability. I agree their kicking is poor but Frankie has vastly improved at collecting crosses 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Shot Stopping: FF edges this one, but both are reflex type keepers

Handling: LS edges this one, I think he is technically just a smidge ahead

Commanding the box: Draw, although all of our CBs should know by now that they ought to attack it rather than rely on either keeper

Dead Ball Kicking - Distance:  FF by a good 10-15 yards.  He’s added that extra distance in the last 12 months.

Dead Ball Kicking - Accuracy:  LS, keeps it on the park far more than FF.

Open Play Kicking:  FF, I think is one of the best in the division, off either foot.  There are some shockers out there.  LS is decent enough, but FF is superior here.

What you need to work out is which attributes are more important, both for a keeper, and the way we play.

I’ve said often enough, that if you could go out and get a significant upgrade at a sensible fee, go for it.  Otherwise, be grateful that we’ve got two experienced keepers who are capable at this level.  In FFs case you could say he’s still improving.

And there is the consideration that sometimes a back line are just more comfortable with a particular keeper/voice behind them......even if technically they're pretty much on a par.

2 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

And there is the consideration that sometimes a back line are just more comfortable with a particular keeper/voice behind them......even if technically they're pretty much on a par.

Very true.

For Liverpool, I wouldn’t want to play in front of either Mignolet or Karius.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Very true.

For Liverpool, I wouldn’t want to play in front of either Mignolet or Karius.

Do you know, I’ll be genuinely disappointed when Liverpool fix this problem. It’s been a source of great hilarity for me. But I fear I’ve only got 3/4 months left. It beggars belief how Klopp hasn’t sorted this before now. 

27 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Do you know, I’ll be genuinely disappointed when Liverpool fix this problem. It’s been a source of great hilarity for me. But I fear I’ve only got 3/4 months left. It beggars belief how Klopp hasn’t sorted this before now. 

I don't think he will sort it. Get the impression he sees Karius as number 1 for the foreseeable future.

21 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Steele has a bit more height, which helps. Maybe  few more inches would have helped Frankie a bit.

I have noticed that both of them drop the ball a bit more often than I would expect from a highly trained, highly paid professional keeper.

Said the 'actress to the Bishop...

7 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

No one else, no one else

Fielding, Fielding

FRANKIE FIELDINGS IN THE BUILDING !

9 hours ago, The Bard said:

This is one of LJ's blind spots.  Can't see what Steele has done wrong in the 2 and a half games since Fielding went off.  I'd keep him. 

Think one problem with Steele is that he pushes a lot of shots out rather than holding them, been let off a few times when he's pushed it back out into the box. 

Archived