IGNORED

The Bristol City v Sunderland Match Day Thread 31

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

If it's me you're referring to then I stated that Diony wouldn't feature as he's had the flu this week. I was told that on Wednesday. Just because he's on the bench doesn't mean he'll play a part. He was due to start the game today. Maybe he has recovered quicker than expected. Think my record speaks for itself on this forum but if you want to lazily call it 'bullshit ' then up to you. Sure people can make their own minds up!

Bit defensive aren't you? More than one person mentioned a missing striker but you seem to have taken it a bit personally. 

2 minutes ago, Lympsham Red said:

This!!! Can you imagine how Maggers must feel, knowing that LJ would rather play a centre-mid at right-back rather than him at centre-back, his natural position???

I'm not him but it'd shred my confidence tbh. Football is largely about the mind, this shows to me that either LJ doesn't trust him/think he's up to it IMO.

• Like 1

With the same team,  bar Fielding,  against Bolton,  I can see another struggle,  as The Black Cats will be up for it this afternoon.  I really hope I'm wrong and LJ doesn't go gung ho if we are drawing,  a point is better than none.  Anyway,  who knows,  after the break in Dubai,  they could come back refreshed and really up for it and win well.  So do it boys!  COYR's

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'm not him but it'd shred my confidence tbh. Football is largely about the mind, this shows to me that either LJ doesn't trust him/think he's up to it IMO.

and like against Bolton in a game where our defence is not expected to come under much pressure... and with the hindsight of how much we missed Korey in CM in that awful game... terrible decision in my view. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

If it's me you're referring to then I stated that Diony wouldn't feature as he's had the flu this week. I was told that on Wednesday. Just because he's on the bench doesn't mean he'll play a part. He was due to start the game today. Maybe he has recovered quicker than expected. Think my record speaks for itself on this forum but if you want to lazily call it 'bullshit ' then up to you. Sure people can make their own minds up!

I’d be surprised if Diony was going to start today and I’d be even more surprised if you knew specifically LJ was going to start with him. That’s pretty private knowledge I would imagine.

I’m sure in training this week they tried all sorts of combinations, that  people could have seen, but if he has had the flu, but was going to start, that means LJ would have decided that some time early last week, which seems a little early and certainly a little harsh on whoever would have made Way and a gamble after his performance against Bolton showed someone no where near upto speed with the division yet. 

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

and like against Bolton in a game where our defence is not expected to come under much pressure... and with the hindsight of how much we missed Korey in CM in that awful game... terrible decision in my view. 

The only thing I can guess LJ thought is that a more attacking full back than BW would be useful. Other than that I totally agree.

8 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I’d be surprised if Diony was going to start today and I’d be even more surprised if you knew specifically LJ was going to start with him. That’s pretty private knowledge I would imagine.

I’m sure in training this week they tried all sorts of combinations, that  people could have seen, but if he has had the flu, but was going to start, that means LJ would have decided that some time early last week, which seems a little early and certainly a little harsh on whoever would have made Way and a gamble after his performance against Bolton showed someone no where near upto speed with the division yet. 

Be prepared to be surprised then as on several occasions this season LJ has picked the team up to 5 days in advance and let the players know accordingly. 

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Be prepared to be surprised then as on several occasions this season LJ has picked the team up to 5 days in advance and let the players know accordingly. 

That may well be the case from time to time, who knows, easy to say, harder to prove - but it still doesn't explain that it would have been a very odd choice, IMO, to drop either top scorer Reid, or Fam who has scored and looked good since he came back, for someone who clearly hasn't been up to speed since he arrived. I imagine he needs more runs off the bench first.

I'm guessing if you're right he'll start against Leeds next Sunday when he has had chance to recover from the flu, although if he did have it, i'm surprised he is on the bench today. Which suggests maybe it was a cold, in which case he could have started.

19 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

That may well be the case from time to time, who knows, easy to say, harder to prove - but it still doesn't explain that it would have been a very odd choice, IMO, to drop either top scorer Reid, or Fam who has scored and looked good since he came back, for someone who clearly hasn't been up to speed since he arrived. I imagine he needs more runs off the bench first.

I'm guessing if you're right he'll start against Leeds next Sunday when he has had chance to recover from the flu, although if he did have it, i'm surprised he is on the bench today. Which suggests maybe it was a cold, in which case he could have started.

Christ. You are over-thinking this.

The first team coaching staff wanted to start him today but he's had the flu and so not fit enough to be named in the starting XI.

It really is that simple.