IGNORED

Ryan Kent

BCFCadam

2 minutes ago, BCFCadam said:

From that dreadful debut against Norwich, he has made brilliant steps towards becoming a vital player for us, something that stood out today in a horrendous display. 

Apart from that and a few decent individuals, the second half today was dire.

He wasnt terrible today. I suppose that's a positive.

2 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

Best player on the pitch

He wasn't. Bobby Reid was and he was only 45 mins.

Patterson had just as much impact as Kent and Famara did everything he could today.

Kent wasn't awful but no Better than anyone else.

18 minutes ago, winsaw said:

MOTM for me today, our only real attacking player in the 2nd half, the one who was trying to make things happen,

If the rest of the team had his energy and desire we would have won today

His energy today? Patterson did just as much and tracked backed as well. Ryan Kent was alright, that's about it.

22 minutes ago, 054123 said:

He wasn't. Bobby Reid was and he was only 45 mins.

Patterson had just as much impact as Kent and Famara did everything he could today.

Kent wasn't awful but no Better than anyone else.

Can't agree about Fam. He worked hard as always, but should have scored 4 possibly 5 times. Wtf was he doing hand balling that chance, he could easily have chucked himself at it and it was in. Very frustrating.

14 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Can't agree about Fam. He worked hard as always, but should have scored 4 possibly 5 times. Wtf was he doing hand balling that chance, he could easily have chucked himself at it and it was in. Very frustrating.

He scored twice and did just fine. The rest do their jobs and we win comfortably. 

48 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Reid was superb. Can't exactly knock Fammy either. Kent provides a real threat too. As for the rest...

Pack was excellent and the own goal was unlucky when the ball is drilled over like it was.

EDIT  Sorry, just seen it again. WHAT is Pack doing ??

Kent has skill, and I like his play to a degree, but why does he keep running diagonally across the pitch? He cuts in from one side and Patterson does the same from the other. There’s nothing wrong with cutting inside, but with both Kent and Patterson in the team the only real attacking threat down the wing comes from Joe Bryan. 

I haven't been impressed with Kent at all so far, but thought he was MOTM today and constantly beat his man and often several men. He also chased back and worked hard.  I can't agree that Paterson did the same or more; I thought Paterson was poor today.  Am looking for to O'Dowda's eventual return. 

Kent was excellent and if he’d have wrapped the points up at 3-2 when his effort flashed wide we’d have been talking about how great he is. He was superb today. Decision making questionable at times but tell me a winger who doesn’t suffer from that? Real attacking threat and the most direct player we’ve had in ages. 

3 minutes ago, GrenadaRed said:

I haven't been impressed with Kent at all so far, but thought he was MOTM today and constantly beat his man and often several men. He also chased back and worked hard.  I can't agree that Paterson did the same or more; I thought Paterson was poor today.  Am looking for to O'Dowda's eventual return. 

Have heard that O'Dowda's season is over from a few rumours. Can anyone confirm this?

Kent in front of Wright; Pato in front of Bryan (or centrally with Brownhill in front of Bryan) please.

The difference between the two halves today (apart from the sluggish pairing up front in the second half) was that Coleman moved their 29 (Arsoro) up.   He was by far their best player and with Kent miles upfield, it was one on ones with Bryan all the time and although Joe was awesome going forward he again didn't have his best defensive performance. 

Think Kent played well today.

Being the type of direct player he is, he is bound to lose the ball or over play it sometimes, and better decision making will come with experience.

The main thing is that he gives us something different to any other player we have at the moment. He may not fit in to our style of play straight away, but a lot of people on here were saying we’ve become too predictable, easy to play against and not direct enough. Surely then he’s a really good option to have?

3 hours ago, cityshippers said:

Problem is i think he does slightly alter how we play which has left JB one on one far two many times lately. A lot of our goals against seem to come down Joes side and imo its because he is left exposed.

That is the same JB that was touted by some on here last month as a £15m full back? 

Joe's problem as seen clearly today , and in recent weeks, is his positioning when defending is appalling. That has nothing to do with who is in front of him.

Joe's best position is as CM or LM, he is not a left back.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Kent in front of Wright; Pato in front of Bryan (or centrally with Brownhill in front of Bryan) please.

The difference between the two halves today (apart from the sluggish pairing up front in the second half) was that Coleman moved their 29 (Arsoro) up.   He was by far their best player and with Kent miles upfield, it was one on ones with Bryan all the time and although Joe was awesome going forward he again didn't have his best defensive performance. 

You can’t put anyone in front of Bryan, he resents his position now just just as he did in the past- brilliant wing back but think back to him being swapped about with Williams, he flat refused to pass to Williams when playing behind him unless there was no other option! Big player but the big ego gets in the way sometimes

Archived