IGNORED

Ryan Kent

BCFCadam

23 hours ago, 054123 said:

He wasnt terrible today. I suppose that's a positive.

An average display by all concerned. Ryan Kent was not stand out in the slightest. The over reaction on here is purely down to the fact that he didn't start well with us  and wasn't as bad as in previous displays yesterday. He really wasn't any better than Jaime Paterson and maybe we now take Bobby Reid and Korey Smith's input and workrate for granted. Not forgetting the fact that Famara is coming back from a serious injury, was asked to put a full shift in and scored twice!

But you're right, Ryan Kent put in a man of the match performance yesterday.

8 minutes ago, 054123 said:

An average display by all concerned. Ryan Kent was not stand out in the slightest. The over reaction on here is purely down to the fact that he didn't start well with us  and wasn't as bad as in previous displays yesterday. He really wasn't any better than Jaime Paterson and maybe we now take Bobby Reid and Korey Smith's input and workrate for granted. Not forgetting the fact that Famara is coming back from a serious injury, was asked to put a full shift in and scored twice!

But you're right, Ryan Kent put in a man of the match performance yesterday.

I thought Kent was very good in his attacking duties and not so good in his defensive ones.  Overall though one of our better performers yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought Kent was very good in his attacking duties and not so good in his defensive ones.  Overall though one of our better performers yesterday.

For every time he made a forward run there was also a passage where he just stood square and the ball carrier or passage of play overlapped him and he became in effective.

Again, one great piece of tracing back and defensive play in front of the South stand, them the next periods of defensive play he was just stood wide about 10 yards shy of the half.

I really am not criticising him nor do I think he was a comparatively poor performer. It was just average and certainly not stand out or mom.

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

For every time he made a forward run there was also a passage where he just stood square and the ball carrier or passage of play overlapped him and he became in effective.

Again, one great piece of tracing back and defensive play in front of the South stand, them the next periods of defensive play he was just stood wide about 10 yards shy of the half.

I really am not criticising him nor do I think he was a comparatively poor performer. It was just average and certainly not stand out or mom.

Encouraging is probably the right word.

Really encouraging if he can add to his defensive side.

Pack was my MOTM yesterday.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

So we started the game with Pato ahead of Bryan and Kent ahead of Brownhill.  Kent’s starting position is a bit high, but that should allow Josh more space.

Why did they swap?  And in swapping why do they play more behind the strikers than wide.  Pato and Kent lost us our shape, nor did they track back enough in the second half, leaving Joe isolated.  Joe actually was very casual first half (I’m getting a bit frustrated by this), but first 20 minutes of second half he was back on it.  But as a result, I think our wide players thought they didn’t need to help out.  Poor!

I'm glad you picked up on that too. It seemed to be ignored by Lee in his post match mea culpa (not to mention the R Bris callers) but it had a massive negative effect.

There was no one to pick up Asoro at all. He operated in space and all their dangerous attacks went through him or via free kicks won by him.

I hope LJ learns for this.

The sad thing it shows behind the underlying weakness of the side, that take one person off and swap wingers round and you suddenly have a side that a bunch of nondies can duff up. :crying:

On 10/02/2018 at 19:13, cityshippers said:

Problem is i think he does slightly alter how we play which has left JB one on one far two many times lately. A lot of our goals against seem to come down Joes side and imo its because he is left exposed.

Don't agree I'm afraid, JB is not a top quality left back, far better in midfield. We also don't have right back which is ridiculous for a championship club, how the management have let this happen is a joke.

Archived