IGNORED

EFLHighlights next year.....

Clevedon Red

Just proves how online highlights are increasingly dominant. The viewing figures are low because we all know we can watch the highlights online within minutes of the game finishing. A little-known freeview channel wouldn’t have much of a budget so it shows how television highlights are losing their value in the marketplace.

MOTD is different of course because it has the rights to show highlights first.

I think the almost instant availability of online highlights now has completely killed people’s interest in a full Championship highlights show. 

Shame really. I’d love to see a MOTD style show with extended highlights from every game and some decent analysis. But not on Quest TV when it looks like it’s been filmed on a potato.  

5 hours ago, Gazred said:

Quest? It must be on right after Alan Partridge's "Skirmish - the miltary based quiz show".

52 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

I guess they'd want to build the audience up before the monkey tennis started.....

39 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

And youth hosteling with Chris Eubank. 

`If we don`t do it Sky will`

Was it Live TV that had News Bunny?

No idea if this true or not but the bloke in the suit changed his name by deed poll to News Bunny so he could stand in a general election intending to change it back afterwards. The problem was that he got done for obstruction or something during the campaign and if you get found guilty of anything you`re apparently not allowed to change your name so he`s stuck with it.

Probably an urban myth but made I larf.

17 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Was it Live TV that had News Bunny?

No idea if this true or not but the bloke in the suit changed his name by deed poll to News Bunny so he could stand in a general election intending to change it back afterwards. The problem was that he got done for obstruction or something during the campaign and if you get found guilty of anything you`re apparently not allowed to change your name so he`s stuck with it.

Probably an urban myth but made I larf.

One if the News Bunnies (guess they got through several), was a City fan who was an active member of the old mailing list.

On 14/02/2018 at 15:53, MC RISK77 said:

What the hell is quest? 

As an aside does anyone remember live tv with topless darts...then topless darts on ice

Did they not have topless news/weather as well? 

Pretty sure I remember seeing football on there at some point...

17 minutes ago, Taz said:

Did they not have topless news/weather as well? 

Pretty sure I remember seeing football on there at some point...

I mentioned this earlier in the thread. They were the first channel to show live Conference Football. It was anchored by Mark Webster (he used to do Baseball for Channel 5 back in the day).

5 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

I mentioned this earlier in the thread. They were the first channel to show live Conference Football. It was anchored by Mark Webster (he used to do Baseball for Channel 5 back in the day).

Yeah sorry I meant to quote you, not quite sure what happened there...

Live TV died around about the same time as "A lot of people had chipped boxes". Maybe this helped to kill the channel off, as people decided they could get more for their *ahem* viewing pleasure elsewhere....

Archived