IGNORED

Gordon Taylor PFA Annual wage!

Spoons

Wow,

Now I'm a massive believer in trade unions and a member of one but just read a article in daily mail and Gordon Taylor is being paid £2.2 million a year ! £44k per week! Scandalous!

And in a year when the PFA only spent £100k on research into dimentia caused by heading the ball they find it acceptable to pay him £2.2 million??

Shame on you PFA, seems the sky TV billions has found its way to the PFA as well.

8 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Wow,

Now I'm a massive believer in trade unions and a member of one but just read a article in daily mail and Gordon Taylor is being paid £2.2 million a year ! £44k per week! Scandalous!

And in a year when the PFA only spent £100k on research into dimenta caused by heading the ball they find it acceptable to pay him £2.2 million??

Shame on you PFA, seems the sky TV billions has found its way to the PFA as well.

You're a union person but you read this in the Fail? Was it a know your enemy type thing?!

Have to say he impresses me less and less as the years go by. He doesn't seem capable of moving with the times and providing leadership on a range of issues which he clearly doesn't feel comfortable with.

27 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

You're a union person but you read this in the Fail? Was it a know your enemy type thing?!

Have to say he impresses me less and less as the years go by. He doesn't seem capable of moving with the times and providing leadership on a range of issues which he clearly doesn't feel comfortable with.

Did some good stuff in the early 80s, but totally agree he’s fallen behind the times.  He’s been on a serious wedge for a good number of years.  

We all moan about agents taking money out of the game, yet he is leaching too.  It’s a bit hypocritical for him to be earning over £2m (£3m+ in 2014) when the vast majority of his members are struggling.  Should’ve done so much more for the game than he has....what’s the last thing of note he’s contributed to justify that £2.290m Salary?

Ive just tweeted Simon Jordan to see what he thinks.  He had a nice little ‘debate’ with GT on TalkSport last week, very non-complimentary!!

I’m probably on the minority who has a bit of time for Jordan.

Here’s the detail.

A0AA0EF7-A518-425C-8E46-1881AD78C550.thumb.jpeg.2a28df979fe73c8b9b79c0cd7ea52019.jpeg

You make up your own mind.  

@Beni71 - that’s not my Payslip I can assure you! 

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Did some good stuff in the early 80s, but totally agree he’s fallen behind the times.  He’s been on a serious wedge for a good number of years.  

We all moan about agents taking money out of the game, yet he is leaching too.  It’s a bit hypocritical for him to be earning over £2m (£3m+ in 2014) when the vast majority of his members are struggling.  Should’ve done so much more for the game than he has....what’s the last thing of note he’s contributed to justify that £2.290m Salary?

Ive just tweeted Simon Jordan to see what he thinks.  He had a nice little ‘debate’ with GT on TalkSport last week, very non-complimentary!!

Here’s the detail.

A0AA0EF7-A518-425C-8E46-1881AD78C550.thumb.jpeg.2a28df979fe73c8b9b79c0cd7ea52019.jpeg

Got time for Simon Jordan as well now after listening to him on talkSPORT quite a few times. He gave Taylor the run around last week that’s for sure. Always thought he was a obnoxious **** before but comes across pretty well and is a genuine football fan. 

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Here’s the detail.

13% of the PFA's income apparently - incredibly damming. I think you have to see past Jordan's look at me persona. If you can (and it is a bit if an ask) then he's quite honest and open about his experiences in the game and as a result worth listening to.

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As with our friend Colin, I don't believe that minority is as small as you might think .

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Got time for Simon Jordan as well now after listening to him on talkSPORT quite a few times. He gave Taylor the run around last week that’s for sure. Always thought he was a obnoxious **** before but comes across pretty well and is a genuine football fan. 

3 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

13% of the PFA's income apparently - incredibly damming. I think you have to see past Jordan's look at me persona. If you can (and it is a bit if an ask) then he's quite honest and open about his experiences in the game and as a result worth listening to.

I was not keen on him until I read his book, completely changed my view of him, but you have to take some of his stories with a pinch of salt.  Worth reading imho.

Also for those who find a David Conn books on the financial side of footie a bit overpowering, then Jordan’s autobiography is very informative.

He’s a bit flash, but decent on the inside imho.  Sees through people like Gordon Taylor!

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I was not keen on him until I read his book, completely changed my view of him, but you have to take some of his stories with a pinch of salt.  Worth reading imho.

Also for those who find a David Conn books on the financial side of footie a bit overpowering, then Jordan’s autobiography is very informative.

He’s a bit flash, but decent on the inside imho.  Sees through people like Gordon Taylor!

I too have heard him on Talksport a fair bit, and i'm coming round to the guy. Quite entertaining, and not dislikable at all. Funny how your opinion can change about people over time.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Here’s the detail.

I'd be interested to know just what he did that justified a £777,183 bonus?

It doesn't seem that long ago that I recall reading his salary was £600,00 and IIRC he was the highest paid union boss in the country, and can remember thinking then WTF! Seems like most premier league players his salary goes up in line with the latest TV deal.

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/12/pfa-gordon-taylor-pressure-scandalous-salary

15 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

The PFA, in my view, is there to look after players less fortunate than the prima donnas of the Premier league. 

No, he’s there to support all players who fall upon hard times (through injury or other reasons) or who need help in taking action against their clubs or other organisations.....he’s not just there to represent non-Premier League players.

I remember when Sheff Weds was in a lot of financial trouble many years ago it came to light that two of their reserve team players were on more than £1 million a year despite the fact they had never played a game for the first team. So they could probably be described as prima donnas but they still needed help.

So, his job is to represent all players, not just those outside the premier league...

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No, he’s there to support all players who fall upon hard times (through injury or other reasons) or who need help in taking action against their clubs or other organisations.....he’s not just there to represent non-Premier League players.

I remember when Sheff Weds was in a lot of financial trouble many years ago it came to light that two of their reserve team players were on more than £1 million a year despite the fact they had never played a game for the first team. So they could probably be described as prima donnas but they still needed help.

So, his job is to represent all players, not just those outside the premier league...

But what’s your view on his earnings?

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

But what’s your view on his earnings?

My view is fair play / somehow he’s negotiated himself a decent wage!! I know that’s not what the majority want to see but hey ho!!

The only people who know If he’s worth it are the members he represents 

On 12/02/2018 at 19:48, Spoons said:

Wow,

And in a year when the PFA only spent £100k on research into dimentia caused by heading the ball they find it acceptable to pay him £2.2 million??

What a scoop by the Mail!

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 20:35, Davefevs said:

That's an astonishing amount of time to have held the same position. Easy to forget just how long he has been there.

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They’re obscene of course, but most Chief Execs earn shedloads don’t they? And I’m sure you wouldn’t turn down a £2.2m salary if you were in his position...?

It just seems out of kilter against the PFAs income.  

I might turn it down if I felt it was immoral.  I’m quite principled / moralistic believe it or not.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It just seems out of kilter against the PFAs income.  

I might turn it down if I felt it was immoral.  I’m quite principled / moralistic believe it or not.

Fair play mate. I’m not sure how his salary is decided.....but then Sepp Blatter’s salary was even more obscene...perhaps they decide their own salaries in organisations linked to football and then their members vote? Who knows...

Archived