IGNORED

Strangest or funniest thing you’ve seen at Ashton Gate

Red Army 75

14 hours ago, Odd socks said:

Can,t remember the match, but the games were sponsored by local company's

This match was sponsored by Bowyers and there were lots of young ladies with a trays ,throwing pork pies into the crowd . The pies were thrown back at the girls sooo funny

That was against Chelsea 1975/76.  Peter Bonetti came out to the East End at the start of the second half and was bombarded with the bloody things!

On 16/02/2018 at 21:58, nebristolred said:

Think it might have been against Colchester. A player got stretchered off injured and they dropped one corner of the stretcher.

On 16/02/2018 at 22:01, Calculus said:

Think that was Lloyd Owuso and Brentford in the League Cup but may have that wrong.

It was definitely a league match as I was watching nearby in the Lower Williams and I have never attended a League Cup game in my life.

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 01:12, rat23 said:

Not football,  but standing on my usual spot  in the eastend watching  american evangelical preacher billy graham was just  f+*kin  weird ....seem to remember  it was free  and there was sod all else to do . 

Talk of the devil, (pun intended, sorry)

After all this time this week of all weeks you mention the Billy Graham thing at Ashton Gate,, he died today.

Billy Graham aged 99  R I P 

One funny moment always stands out for me, forgive me if this has been mentioned already. 

I can't recall the finer details but it must've been sometime in the early/mid 00's where a ball got hoofed onto the roof of the Williams stand, everyone assumed that the ball was stuck up there after 10 seconds or so and carried on. The ball decided to make a reappearance after a small delay and came rolling back off right onto a stewards head. 

On 17/02/2018 at 00:53, myol'man said:

Paper planes vs Cardiff 

I reckon my programme from that match is going to worth a fortune one day, can't be many that made it out of AG that evening could be one of the rarest City programmes ever!

I couldn't help but feel sorry for the company who had bought them all up to give to fans as part of some advertising thing....and then saw them all launched onto the pitch!

On 17/02/2018 at 09:12, rat23 said:

Not football,  but standing on my usual spot  in the eastend watching  american evangelical preacher billy graham was just  f+*kin  weird ....seem to remember  it was free  and there was sod all else to do . 

that certainly won't be happening any more after today.

• Admin
On 2/16/2018 at 17:14, BRISTOL86 said:

Shedman

Whatever happened to this guy?

Was he actually a City fan or someone who just took advantage of a demolished stand?

On 2/16/2018 at 17:42, JBFC II said:

Vivacity, still wish we had them back... 

No names (cough cough) but can remember an end of season event and girls of a similar ilk were helping out, when an ex international GK sheepishly appeared from behind a curtain with one of the girls, much to the amusement of us that thought we had been given a crap end of the room table - there is another better story about the same player but one not for on here 

On 2/16/2018 at 20:38, Offside said:

The Dolman bugler. Whatever happened to him?

One that used to play late 90's started following Yeovil when they came up the leagues, always remember him as his daughter was stunning and was not best pleased bumping into her in  a Yeovil bar wearing the hoops

Did I imagine or wasn't there some kind of TA display on the pitch with explosives etc going off, which descended into farce?

• Admin
14 minutes ago, MC26 said:

One funny moment always stands out for me, forgive me if this has been mentioned already. 

I can't recall the finer details but it must've been sometime in the early/mid 00's where a ball got hoofed onto the roof of the Williams stand, everyone assumed that the ball was stuck up there after 10 seconds or so and carried on. The ball decided to make a reappearance after a small delay and came rolling back off right onto a stewards head. 

Blimey @MC26 I can remember that vividly - the closest I've come to pissing myself during a game

On 2/17/2018 at 01:12, rat23 said:

Did you "come on down" to be freed from your demons? 

On 17/02/2018 at 01:12, rat23 said:

Strangely enough this was the last comment I read before heading over to BBC and the top story is that he jas just died! 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43142263

Sure I might have dreamt this, but think we were playing Hull in the mid nineties (pretty sure we won 4-0), one of their players clears the ball high along the touchline Dolmanside and their winger jumps in the air and catches the ball perfectly, then lands, drops it, and holds his head in his hands.

I also remember around similar time, can't remember the team (Shrewsbury?), their keeper goes to take a goal kick, misses the ball with his initial swing and backheels it into the net. Think we won 2-1.

I would have probably been about 10 and off my head on Freddos and Panda Pops so there's every chance neither of these things happened.

3 hours ago, redsince1994 said:

Strangely enough this was the last comment I read before heading over to BBC and the top story is that he jas just died! 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43142263

Ha  - i know just seen this myself and havent thought about him for years ...

hmm now where can i go with this ?

Did i ever mentioned the time i saw donald trump in the williams stand  ? 

Archived