IGNORED

More VAR fun

AppyDAZE

Give the assistant a bit of a break - that decision was fractional. Can you seriously blame someone for making a real-time assessment at that fine a call? The VAR is there to sort out the clear and flagrant stuff, and so leave this level to the match officials.

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So you're happy to lose a match when the winning goal was offside?   :dunno:

yep - and think of all the scenarios you can and I still am  - I hate VAR - if we got to the Play Off Final because of a dodgy decision I would :laugh: - if we lost a play off final place because of a dodgy decision I would be gutted but I could move on - for me if you want VAR you may as well play FIFA - real football has incidents and some mistakes always has and that is why we have loved it since we were kids - VAR etc is all about money and TV - get rid

41 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Can we just ******* pack it in and go back to the way it was?

It will be a good tool down the road. They meed to pack in how much they use it though. Ridiculous to use it for offsides imo. It is what the lino is for and that human part of the game makes it a good product. 

Think it should be used to look at straight red cards(possible to change), fouls inside/outside the box and possibly penalty decision on a challenge basis. 

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No but it`s all part of the game. We lose a game that way but win next week due to a penalty we should never have got. Would you be happy to have the game stopped ten times so a screen can be examined and lose all the flow? I know I wouldn`t.

Football is not a game of absolutes and trying to make it one ruins the spectacle. Part of the experience is debating what the ref got wrong/right and is part of why we love the game so much.

Get rid of it I say. There are far more important things to concentrate on like retrospective punishments for diving and dangerous play. This is just technology for technology`s sake.

18 minutes ago, Markman said:

yep - and think of all the scenarios you can and I still am  - I hate VAR - if we got to the Play Off Final because of a dodgy decision I would :laugh: - if we lost a play off final place because of a dodgy decision I would be gutted but I could move on - for me if you want VAR you may as well play FIFA - real football has incidents and some mistakes always has and that is why we have loved it since we were kids - VAR etc is all about money and TV - get rid

Your arguement is similar to the one used by some cricket lovers when DRS was introduced.

Now it's an integral part of cricket. Why? because the right decision is made.

Once VAR is working effectively and efficiently it'll be a useful addition to the game. 

45 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

No but it`s all part of the game. We lose a game that way but win next week due to a penalty we should never have got. Would you be happy to have the game stopped ten times so a screen can be examined and lose all the flow? I know I wouldn`t.

Football is not a game of absolutes and trying to make it one ruins the spectacle. Part of the experience is debating what the ref got wrong/right and is part of why we love the game so much.

Get rid of it I say. There are far more important things to concentrate on like retrospective punishments for diving and dangerous play. This is just technology for technology`s sake.

Agree 100%. Football is a game where even when we see an incident played back from 20 different angles we still don't always get consensus on what the right decision is. Its the human element that makes it what it is.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I don't know, I think it does/will detract from the actual matchday experience if you're sat about waiting for officials to make a decision. The appeal of football is the ecstasy of celebration, and I'm very wary of VAR in that respect.

The actual result isn't all that matters, anyway. I want to enjoy the experience of watching football as well.

It's introduction is about stirring up conversation for pundits, so Sky can strap more people to the giant flaming TV bubble zeppelin.

Archived