IGNORED

The Leeds United v Bristol City Match Day Thread 32

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Wanted to get there early so I did not get lost and - whilst I admittedly have not quite reached the stadium yet - it appears from where I am right now that I have 90 minutes to kill in a barren wasteland. What is there to do near Elland Road?

There's a pub right opposite the stadium :ph34r:

19 minutes ago, mitch_ford said:

Mags in the team is a weakness

Can't agree with that. Mags being in the team means we don't have to play Wright at LCB, where he doesn't look entirely comfortable to me. More importantly it means Smith or Brownhill don't have to play RB. A back 4 of Wright, Flint, Mags and Bryan looks stronger than either of the previous 2 games since Bakers suspension. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

No one has replied to my earlier question . 

Because they worked together will LJ have an advantage over Heckingbottom ? or will Heckingbottom have the advantage ? 

What do you think ? 

I'm going for LJ . He's the boss . 

We’ve done alright V Barnsley in LJ Vs Hecky fixtures. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Because they worked together will LJ have an advantage over Heckingbottom ? or will Heckingbottom have the advantage ? 

What do you think ? 

Barnsley fans suggest Heckingbottom thrived off LJ's success/ work. 

Copied his style both on and off the pitch. Will be interesting. I feel we've always had the upper hand on Heckingbottoms Barnsley. Heckingbottoms Leeds could be a different story.. 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

What do you think ? 

I think it is all about the players on both sides rather than coaches.

It may come down to who wants it more and puts in the effort. While the coach can affect that I think it is mostly up to the players themselves imho.

20 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I get that being in & out of the team can’t be easy. There’s only one person to blame for that though..! He’s been unreliable, costly & repetative in his errors. 

Still, clean slate again today & let’s hope he’s learned some lessons. 

Let's hope so indeed.

I feel he's got a lot to do to turn around your opinion of him though.

A run of games - especially in the same position with the same responsibilities - is going to be beneficial to the match fitness, individual performance, and even decision making, of any player.

Harsh to demand an error free game from him because every single player will make them.

Let's give him a break - as you rightly say, a clean slate - and hope for a confident no nonsense performance from Hörður rather than look to highlight the odd error, unless they prove costly.

I would add that if you're a defender booting the ball over the stand occasionally is perfectly acceptable, and I'm sure Hörður has been left in no doubt about that.

Edited by Nogbad the Bad

Whenever I’m reminded of the old Leeds team of the 70s, I always think of Paul Madeley. What a versatile player, who played in everybody position except goalkeeper. Probably his versatility prevented him gaining more international honours  

4 minutes ago, RedNight said:

Copied his style both on and off the pitch. Will be interesting. I feel we've always had the upper hand on Heckingbottoms Barnsley. Heckingbottoms Leeds could be a different story.. 

But when LJ left them for us it was Hecky who was the mastermind pulling the strings and LJ was crap according to the very same people.

11 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

What do you think ? 

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

We’ve done alright V Barnsley in LJ Vs Hecky fixtures. 

This.

9 minutes ago, RedNight said:

A lot of Barnsley fans actually liked everyone to believe that Heckingbottom was the secret to LJ’s ‘success’ at Barnsley. LJ was the face and Hecky put in all the hard work - hence they were very happy when he took over and were glad to see the back of LJ.

Edit - sorry @JamesBCFC - wrote this just as you must have posted the same thing!

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, Midred said:

I really hope that Kent's been told that he primarily plays on the left in front of Joe and not to go wandering wherever he likes. He's got to learn that he's part of a team and not take up the  other player's positions.

Very good point, especially opening 20 minutes when shape and structure will be important.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Wanted to get there early so I did not get lost and - whilst I admittedly have not quite reached the stadium yet - it appears from where I am right now that I have 90 minutes to kill in a barren wasteland. What is there to do near Elland Road?

Nowt. Warned folk earlier on another thread. The city centre (2 miles away) is a different kettle of fish.:)

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Could it be a 3-5-2?

Wright,    Flint,     Mags

Brownhill                                          Bryan

Smith,     Pack,      Reid

Kent 

Diedhiou 

You'd waste Reid dropping him to left MF. It's been done before and he's anonymous there.