IGNORED

The Leeds United v Bristol City Match Day Thread 32

Can someone tell Lee that he needs to let his players know that a match is 90 minutes? What is the matter with us? For 45 minutes we play well and score goals, then we go in at half time, have a kip and come out like a bunch of ******* useless headless chickens! 

As soon as the opposition up their game we DOWN ours!

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 1

What dreadful defending. Why doesn’t Flint mark the big centre forward. That’s his   f.  g job isn’t it. He wins a header against him on the half way line just after. Wright went asleep. So weak. Why bring Woodrow on. He offers nothing. Then he’s in the centre of defence at the end, doesn’t jump and their guy nearly scores. Fielding kicking the ball out again. If he can’t do it, kick it down the bloody middle. Johnson, come on, wake up. The time for learning is gone. Grrr.

Edited by WECANDO
After thought.
3 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Can we all stop talking about the f’ing Playoffs!!! We ain’t staying in the top six. We will do well to stay above 10th!! Good season turning out to be very bang average and a season which will just dwilndle along till May. 

We've missed an opportunity. We didn't buy experience in January. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, finbarr_in_z said:

We'll come out of it. We might not. No one knows that. But we've been right near the top and most clubs haven't. 

I'm telling you now, we won;t come out of this. January was the time to strengthen, we didn't, we added but we did not strengthen at all!

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I am not a fan and Bryan is not a left back. Those issues need addressing before we consider Premier football.

We need two quality fullbacks, Bryan should be in the midfield and Wright is not a full back at all. Hodor is still a liability and Pisano is not certain to be back permanently when he gets back from his injury. 
A quality side who will go into the Premiership will always have quality waiting to come into the first 11 and all positions will be competitively fought for, we just don't have that.

• Like 1

Thank God Baker will be back on Wednesday,  we have missed his no nonsense defending,  a bit of steel at the back.  Once again lost a good lead and given away 2 points, I think this high pressing game is having it's affect on the players and it's showing that it's very hard on them to keep it up all season.  Never mind on to Fulham and let's hope they can turn it around in the next game.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, BCFC_Mike said:

Yet still not able to hold multiple goal leads?

Great progress eh. 

'Tactically inept' will be come back soon. 

This is the way Lansdown wants to do it. It's not the end of the world doing it this way.

He could have appointed Gary Rowett and spent the money Villa and Wolves have to have gone up. We're doing it a different way.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, BoneyardTIM said:

I don't blame Johnson, we were cruising at 2-0 and nothing was changed, then the bottle jobs threw it away. It's a mental thing and the manager doesn't get to change that when the game is in full throw. The players need to take blame for this  and realise ther let the fans down as well as the manager.

I kind of agree with you there.

However I thought LJ waited too long to bring on a sub. Think he was scared to make the same mistake as last week. Then he brought on Woodrow ffs. Doesn't he know that he's basically the Invisible Man?

Still - I never expected more than a point before KO.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

And a tactical change was made right before said corner.

Johnsons decisions have got us into the playoff spots.

Rearrange these words- grip get a.

He did changes too late.

Managing well the team for some months doesn't automatically cancel his recent errors.

We all know that Woodrow is not as strong as Fammy, that probably Walsh is not at Pack's level, etc. ... but not doing changes is the perfect way to help the opposition. He needs to be more fast in his decision making, or we'll continue losing points.

Leeds played much better in the second half for sure, but from the half time scores two games in a row when you fancy the top five would have seen them both home for six points pretty comfortably

Just seemed to lose our control in midfield at half time, and carried very little threat. The worry as it has been for a while is that we do not really for the top six have a strong bench. Not the worst result in the world, but not looking great either.