IGNORED

The Leeds United v Bristol City Match Day Thread 32

17 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

And a tactical change was made right before said corner.

Johnsons decisions have got us into the playoff spots.

Rearrange these words- grip get a.

You won’t hear a word against LJ will you? No one can question him in your eyes.

Last two games have been pathetic, a very worrying fragility has crept into our team...last season we were 3-0 at Derby and drew and we were 2-0 up at Newcastle and drew...sound familiar ?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

We've missed an opportunity. We didn't buy experience in January. 

In all Carey fairness LJ has a patchy record on signings as is well discussed here and elsewhere. What he has proven his worth with is motivation. He has jelled the players that were here when he arrived and played them in a better formation but the players he has bought have been a rather mixed bag thus far. Tactics when ahead remain amateurish.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Pathetically embarrassing again.

Shades of last season.

When shit like this continues to happen there is something wrong somewhere.

Just like last season I am struggling to see where our next win is coming from.

Play offs?, 11th at best for me.

I agree this is really a perplexing puzzle because it was the same last season - and for LJ the third time in his career.

end of a depressing week when SL was quoted it could take us up to a century to be a top Premier team.  That is clear nonsense, and only makes sense as long as current ownership remains wedded to its five pillar policy regardless

I am optimistic - realistic - in saying we could be a top Premier League team in under ten years if we had a realistic strategy.

• Like 1

This really is hilarious on here. 

Frustrating, yes, but seriously... Not the end of the world. 

We are in the play offs, we've had an unbelievable cup run. We all want promotion,  but one step at a time. 

The club are moving forward, Johnson is still very young and I'm sure will admit himself still has areas where he needs to improve. 

A lot of the management aspects will only come through experience. 

Chill the **** out 

• Like 7

I don’t think we actually played that well all game, 2 goals from Leeds being poor at the back yes but despite that we didn’t really have many other clear chances and too many poor final balls. At 2-0 up we looked reasonably comfortable but it looked like there was no real game plan and more just trying to keep ball and try control the game, but again it didn’t work! Last week and tonight’s performance/result is exactly why we won’t stay in the playoffs 

7 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Well i haven't posted on here for a while. Has been interesting watching from afar. Made it clear as day that we needed experience in January. Our signings were so poor. LJ already doesn't trust Walsh or Diony it seems. You need to sign players who are better than your first 11. We've made up the numbers. What a fragile group of players without Baker and dare I say it Pisano. Need those two back and Wright and Magnússon sadly out 

Exactly. Neither Walsh or Doiny could have come on today to affect the game in City’s favour. Both may be good first team players in a year or two, but that doesn’t help the push for promotion this season. Where was the full back signing we needed? 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, 054123 said:

It's not what we do.

I think the club's plans are clear and we have to go along with them. 

As long as we improve next year then I think Lansdown has been proven right.

I can’t see us finishing higher next season than this. 

Flint, Bryan & possibly Reid will all go. 

Absolutely fuming. We’ve completely ****** this. Again. We can say “it’s not what we do” but basically all that means is “we don’t get promoted to the premier league”. 

Teams that spend big when their stock is high, and strengthen when they’re on top, go up. End of story. 

2 of the 3 players we brought in in January werent trusted to play today. 1 of them has been ripped apart 2 games in a row for being too selfish. 1 of them has been an unused sub 2 games in a row.

A strong bench and we see that game out comfortably. But we are STILL resorted to bringing on Woodrow as a sub. We knew he wasn’t good enough in October. 

We will never learn 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You won’t hear a word against LJ will you? No one can question him in your eyes.

Last two games have been pathetic, a very worrying fragility has crept into our team...last season we were 3-0 at Derby and drew and we were 2-0 up at Newcastle and drew...sound familiar ?

There is certainly a similar vein reoccurring as that of last year but as much as I was in the LJ out camp back then he still has a few Brownie points in his favour this year. However, this type of capitulation needs to be addressed as a matter of urgency. Promotion candidates at this moment we are not.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Manon said:

This really is hilarious on here. 

Frustrating, yes, but seriously... Not the end of the world. 

We are in the play offs, we've had an unbelievable cup run. We all want promotion,  but one step at a time. 

The club are moving forward, Johnson is still very young and I'm sure will admit himself still has areas where he needs to improve. 

A lot of the management aspects will only come through experience. 

Chill the **** out 

I had to check to see if I'd opened GasChat by mistake.

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I can’t see us finishing higher next season than this. 

Flint, Bryan & possibly Reid will all go. 

Absolutely fuming. We’ve completely ****** this. Again. We can say “it’s not what we do” but basically all that means is “we don’t get promoted to the premier league”. 

Teams that spend big when their stock is high, and strengthen when they’re on top, go up. End of story. 

2 of the 3 players we brought in in January werent trusted to play today. 1 of them has been ripped apart 2 games in a row for being too selfish. 1 of them has been an unused sub 2 games in a row.

A strong bench and we see that game out comfortably. But we are STILL resorted to bringing on Woodrow as a sub. We knew he wasn’t good enough in October. 

We will never learn 

Totally. We never do learn. But SL will never push the boat out for top high earners. We needed that in January. If we lose those 3 players there is not a chance we will sign three quality players as good. Our transfer record for me is questionable. 

4 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Does Gary o neil need to come on after 60/65 minutes to sure things up? 

Given that Pack is out for 2 games now, wouldn’t be surprised to see GON involved Wednesday. Experience like his is much needed.  However, likelihood is Brownhill into the middle and Pato back in the lineup.

2 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

He did changes too late.

Managing well the team for some months doesn't automatically cancel his recent errors.

We all know that Woodrow is not as strong as Fammy, that probably Walsh is not at Pack's level, etc. ... but not doing changes is the perfect way to help the opposition. He needs to be more fast in his decision making, or we'll continue losing points.

He's not afraid of making early changes though and has done several times this season.

Personally think he's started over thinking things again as he did last season.

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

**** off wirh this bullshit.

He's definitely made mistakes, I criticise where it is due, as I did last season, he got the subs wrong last week and todays could/should have come a bit earlier. 

But the second goal was down to the players all switching off, that at a corner is not down to LJs decisions- what might have been a decision of his is that the high press stopped being done, just like last week. If that was instructed then that was a definite mistake of his.

The difference is I'm not an over the top negative bellend who jumps on anything as a chance to be negative, or looks to use absolutely anything I can as a reason to slate a player or manager.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Sat in a play-off place and not losing away to Leeds. Every team below us would love to be able to claim that, don't you think?

The result is one many would have taken before kick off.

The problem is the manner the result was achieved. From 2-0 up we should be seeing out a win. Unfortunately many people on here seem to understand the concept of perspective.

They are back to being the team they were last year, bit better football and more threatening at times, but any team expecting to be in the playoff's would see that game out.
Joe Bryan is looking less and less like a FB this year, out of position so often and makes rash challenges getting back. Same could be said for Wright, uses strength to try and block people off instead of going for the ball. Woodrow just looks like he's not interested. Kent showed skill at times but over plays and wants to hold the ball and so slows play down too much. FD looked knackered and should have been subbed earlier, but with a choice of Woodrow and Diony I can understand LJ hesitating . FF , strange one, caught crosses, makes saves but can't kick a ball into about an acre of grass.
To be fair at times we looked like were getting back to the passing of earlier in the season, but as the game went on they crumbled to a pressure that wasn't even there. You expect the opposition to have spells , but we just seem to let them keep coming and coming.
not sure what LJ can do, it's a mental thing and confidence is brittle.
With 2 real inform teams coming up I can see us dropping out of the top 8 by the end of the month. Whether we can start another run and get back in is another question.

22 minutes ago, Spike said:

Simple fact is it's not just Johnson but the players who have a lot to answer for, shocking decision making and the fear.... we're playing afraid! I honestly think it's a mental issue and that's where Lee Johnson struggled last season too, he seems to struggle to instill confidence in our players when it's not there.

You can see it on the pitch right now, at 2-2 we're playing to hold onto a point, not playing with confidence to get the 3. We are NOT a team capable of promotion if we can't overcome that.

How many times have we thrown a point away by going balls out for a win ? 

A point away from home  is OK . 

Like last week it feels like a loss but it keeps us three in front of Preston .

We outplayed Leeds and really should have won but that's football. Every team in this league is capable of beating every other. 

Diony was poor I thought . 

:whistle2:

We played some great football for 70 minutes . Then seemed to lose the midfield. Did we run out of steam ? 

Baker to come back Wednesday.

Pack out . 

Not too disappointed but we need to get a win soon or shares in Isewater Enterprises are going to rocket.

25 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

And a tactical change was made right before said corner.

Johnsons decisions have got us into the playoff spots.

Rearrange these words- grip get a.

It was a piss poor substitution, Brownhill was playing well in a strong midfield and Paterson has been playing like a drain, he should have taken Kent off, he is far too greedy and was being caught out every time we attacked with his desire to beat just one more defender instead of playing the simple pass and the 2nd substitution the less said the better.

• Like 1