IGNORED

The Leeds United v Bristol City Match Day Thread 32

5 minutes ago, CTRed said:

Given that Pack is out for 2 games now, wouldn’t be surprised to see GON involved Wednesday. Experience like his is much needed.  However, likelihood is Brownhill into the middle and Pato back in the lineup.

No too open v Fulham. They'll carve us apart. Magnússon left back. Bryan on the left midfield. 

1 minute ago, tinman85 said:

No too open v Fulham. They'll carve us apart. Magnússon left back. Bryan on the left midfield. 

We are carved apart anyway so wouldn’t make much difference. Unfortunately the fact that we don’t have RB (Sessegnon will have a field day) will only add to it

Edited by CTRed
1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

It was a piss poor substitution, Brownhill was playing well in a strong midfield and Paterson has been playing like a drain, he should have taken Kent off, he is far too greedy and was being caught out every time we attacked with his desire to beat just one more defender instead of playing the simple pass and the 2nd substitution the less said the better.

TBF it looked like Josh had pulled his hamstring a bit stretching for that ball.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Does Gary o neil need to come on after 60/65 minutes to sure things up? 

As CTRed says. Yes.. We need that type of player to be the calming influence.

8 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Sat in a play-off place and not losing away to Leeds. Every team below us would love to be able to claim that, don't you think?

Yes to a degree but we make the same mistakes and little sign coaching are learning. Long hard season and time to recover but it is slipping away because we cannot see out games.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

It was a piss poor substitution, Brownhill was playing well in a strong midfield and Paterson has been playing like a drain, he should have taken Kent off, he is far too greedy and was being caught out every time we attacked with his desire to beat just one more defender instead of playing the simple pass and the 2nd substitution the less said the better.

Ok, so leave Brownhill on and aggravate a muscle problem?

11 minutes ago, Manon said:

This really is hilarious on here. 

Frustrating, yes, but seriously... Not the end of the world. 

We are in the play offs, we've had an unbelievable cup run. We all want promotion,  but one step at a time. 

The club are moving forward, Johnson is still very young and I'm sure will admit himself still has areas where he needs to improve. 

A lot of the management aspects will only come through experience. 

Chill the **** out 

This.

There are some serious OTT reactions on here. It's comical. 

The desperation from certain people for LJ to fail is quite sad. 

• Like 6

Exactly the same failing as last week  - we stopped playing. All the things we did in the first half to control the game we stopped doing. Just before they got their first goal I made a comment to my son about how we seemed to have stopped pressing, allowing them to have their half to themselves. For both their goals we let them get in front of us rather than showing the determination to be first to the ball. When teams take their foot off the peddle it's difficult to get control of the game back - so in the end we were hanging on and lucky to get the point with their chance right at the death.

On the one hand a point gained, which I would have taken before the game. Overall, though, another two points wasted. 

Still all to play for, but very frustrating today.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Yes to a degree but we make the same mistakes and little sign coaching are learning. Long hard season and time to recover but it is slipping away because we cannot see out games.

Had we come back from being two nil down, everyone here would be delighted. Unfortunately it happened the other way around.

End result either way is one point away from home.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

How many times have we thrown a point away by going balls out for a win ? 

A point away from home  is OK . 

Like last week it feels like a loss but it keeps us three in front of Preston .

We outplayed Leeds and really should have won but that's football. Every team in this league is capable of beating every other. 

Diony was poor I thought . 

:whistle2:

We played some great football for 70 minutes . Then seemed to lose the midfield. Did we run out of steam ? 

Baker to come back Wednesday.

Pack out . 

Not too disappointed but we need to get a win soon or shares in Isewater Enterprises are going to rocket.

We outplayed Leeds for 60 minutes, games are 90 minutes +, Leeds actually deserved to win that game the way we played in those last 30, they pushed they reacted to their situation and they damn well came very close to taking all three points. If I was a Leeds fan I'd be just as disappointed by that result as I am as a City fan because they knew we were there for the taking.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

As I said to another poster fine but why Paterson?, he is not only playing poorly he is not a player for trench warfare.

Because form is temporary?

A player in a bad run of form needs game time to get out of it does he not?

He was also a key player for us before he was hospitalised with illness, no reason he won't become so again this season

5 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Brownhill looked tired. I think he may have jarred something , may have been playing for time but I doubt it. 
I would have brought Pato on for Kent before, slowed the game by holding onto the ball and stopped any rhythm we had. We still don't have the options, if Oneil is fit he'll probably start Vs Fulham and Cardiff, the only other choice is Walsh and it looks like LJ doesn't  trust him yet. Eliasson could have been part of a triple change I suppose, show we are still light in midfield options.

34 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Can we all stop talking about the f’ing Playoffs!!! We ain’t staying in the top six. We will do well to stay above 10th!! Good season turning out to be very bang average and a season which will just dwilndle along till May. 

Bit like last season at the start of the year.

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Let's hope so indeed.

I feel he's got a lot to do to turn around your opinion of him though.

A run of games - especially in the same position with the same responsibilities - is going to be beneficial to the match fitness, individual performance, and even decision making, of any player.

Harsh to demand an error free game from him because every single player will make them.

Let's give him a break - as you rightly say, a clean slate - and hope for a confident no nonsense performance from Hörður rather than look to highlight the odd error, unless they prove costly.

I would add that if you're a defender booting the ball over the stand occasionally is perfectly acceptable, and I'm sure Hörður has been left in no doubt about that.

I thought he had a decent game today. No silly errors, a few good blocks and generally sound enough. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Brownhill looked tired. I think he may have jarred something , may have been playing for time but I doubt it. 
I would have brought Pato on for Kent before, slowed the game by holding onto the ball and stopped any rhythm we had. We still don't have the options, if Oneil is fit he'll probably start Vs Fulham and Cardiff, the only other choice is Walsh and it looks like LJ doesn't  trust him yet. Eliasson could have been part of a triple change I suppose, show we are still light in midfield options.

He doesn't trust Magnússon, Eliasson, Walsh or Woodrow?.

2 hours ago, Alessandro said:

This.

A lot of Barnsley fans actually liked everyone to believe that Heckingbottom was the secret to LJ’s ‘success’ at Barnsley. LJ was the face and Hecky put in all the hard work - hence they were very happy when he took over and were glad to see the back of LJ.

Edit - sorry @JamesBCFC - wrote this just as you must have posted the same thing!

Have you not seen their recent take on that situation since heckingbottom has left?