IGNORED

The Leeds United v Bristol City Match Day Thread 32

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

He doesn't trust Magnússon, Eliasson, Walsh or Woodrow?.

Not a very trusting man is he?
Mags only played as he'd tried Josh and Korey and neither worked. 
Eliasson may come good, but with Kent here not this year.
Woodrow is a waste of a shirt and if Djuric was fit and Diony was match fit and interested he wouldn't even be near the bench. I could see the reasoning as he is busy , but God he needs a firecracker up his ass to get him going. 
We seem to have numbers but not real options/choices.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I can’t see us finishing higher next season than this. 

Flint, Bryan & possibly Reid will all go. 

Absolutely fuming. We’ve completely ****** this. Again. We can say “it’s not what we do” but basically all that means is “we don’t get promoted to the premier league”. 

Teams that spend big when their stock is high, and strengthen when they’re on top, go up. End of story. 

2 of the 3 players we brought in in January werent trusted to play today. 1 of them has been ripped apart 2 games in a row for being too selfish. 1 of them has been an unused sub 2 games in a row.

A strong bench and we see that game out comfortably. But we are STILL resorted to bringing on Woodrow as a sub. We knew he wasn’t good enough in October. 

We will never learn 

It's not whether we've learnt.

If this doesn't work for Lansdown, maybe he'll try a different method?

12 minutes ago, Offside said:

Exactly the same failing as last week  - we stopped playing. All the things we did in the first half to control the game we stopped doing. Just before they got their first goal I made a comment to my son about how we seemed to have stopped pressing, allowing them to have their half to themselves. For both their goals we let them get in front of us rather than showing the determination to be first to the ball. When teams take their foot off the peddle it's difficult to get control of the game back - so in the end we were hanging on and lucky to get the point with their chance right at the death.

On the one hand a point gained, which I would have taken before the game. Overall, though, another two points wasted. 

Still all to play for, but very frustrating today.

To go with the 5 points lost in the previous games against poor teams. As you said, we gave them to much space and allowed them to play. Their first goal was absolutely needless. From the tv camera behind the goal Flint was marking nobody and shorty Wright was infront of his man and blind. Can remember this costing a goal in a previous match. Should Fielding have come for it? Not sure. Why was the inept Woodrow in the centre of defence on that free kick which they nearly scored from at the end of the game. What does our player Enkvall have to do to get a game in front of that loan player. Good that LJ is learning every game we cock up. Need a win now as confidence will dwindle away.

14 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Brownhill looked tired. I think he may have jarred something , may have been playing for time but I doubt it. 
I would have brought Pato on for Kent before, slowed the game by holding onto the ball and stopped any rhythm we had. We still don't have the options, if Oneil is fit he'll probably start Vs Fulham and Cardiff, the only other choice is Walsh and it looks like LJ doesn't  trust him yet. Eliasson could have been part of a triple change I suppose, show we are still light in midfield options.

Oneill played his first competitive football of the season last Tuesday, 60 mins for the u23s. Can't really see him starting.

#1 I am a fan of LJ and the club philosophy.

Next;

Woodrow should be nowhere near the first team

If we were going to go 451 then I’d rather have had Bobby stay upfront (he can almost  do the job of 2 with his energy and pressing) and bring Walsh on (he would look after the ball and ultimately help relieve pressure)

If not, Diony instead of Woodrow

Diedjou was clearly struggling so a little slow to make that change

Another game that not having a RB (and Wright) has cost us. I like Wright as a warrior, but at best, our 3rd choice CB. Another consistency of the season.

These are not thoughts with hindsight but ones which I had during the game.

Edited by CTRed
49 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Leeds played much better in the second half for sure, but from the half time scores two games in a row when you fancy the top five would have seen them both home for six points pretty comfortably

Just seemed to lose our control in midfield at half time, and carried very little threat. The worry as it has been for a while is that we do not really for the top six have a strong bench. Not the worst result in the world, but not looking great either.

We let them in by conceding a shocking first goal and thereby gave them a lift. So needless.

4 minutes ago, CTRed said:

Next;

If we were going to go 451 then I’d rather have had Bobby stay upfront (he can almost  do the job of 2 with his energy and pressing) and bring Walsh on (he would look after the ball and ultimately help relieve pressure)

Another game that not having a RB (and Wright) has cost us. I like Wright as a warrior, but at best, our 3rd choice CB. Another consistency of the season.

Sorry, but Diony would have been entirely wrong today, and Woodrow was a goid shout.

There were two teams out there today.  We bossed the first half; Leeds shook themselves up at half time and played very well in the second half.  A draw is a draw.  You might as well say that we didn’t win today because we didn’t have Aguero, or Kane, or any other player.  Fact is that with the squad we have we got a creditable draw at Leeds which, as Bobby Reed said, they who’d have taken before the game.

No disrespect, but Johnson is the manager, not you, and I think we’re having a pretty decent season.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, CTRed said:

Next;

Rather have our player Enkvall than the loaned Woodrow and also Diony. Diony hasn’t settled whereas Enkvall has and is more mobile than both. We keep taking him to games now but apart from 5 minutes at home recently when he looked sharp  with a couple of runs, he’s not had a chance yet.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sorry, but Diony would have been entirely wrong today, and Woodrow was a goid shout.

There were two teams out there today.  We bossed the first half; Leeds shook themselves up at half time and played very well in the second half.  A draw is a draw.  You might as well say that we didn’t win today because we didn’t have Aguero, or Kane, or any other player.  Fact is that with the squad we have we got a creditable draw at Leeds which, as Bobby Reed said, they who’d have taken before the game.

No disrespect, but Johnson is the manager, not you, and I think we’re having a pretty decent season.

Leeds were short of a lot of first team players through injury plus three who were suspended and serving the last match. They were there for the taking. 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Had we come back from being two nil down, everyone here would be delighted. Unfortunately it happened the other way around.

End result either way is one point away from home.

I don't think quite 'delighted'. You see we need a win. 

32 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

Nothing wrong with that result - if we hadn't been two goals up...

Quite right.

6 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Were having a pretty good season is correct. We are not now. We are sinking and need to sort ourselves out before we fall massively away from the playoffs and a major disappointment.

53 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

**** off wirh this bullshit.

...I'm not an over the top negative bellend.....

I’m not going to debate with someone who uses this abusive, foul language....if you can’t reply without swearing and using immature terms then you may need to be the one to ‘get a grip’ as you advised a previous poster who dared to be upset that we have thrown away a sizeable lead, again....

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’m not going to debate with someone who uses this abusive, foul language....if you can’t reply without swearing and using immature terms then you may need to be the one to ‘get a grip’ as you advised a previous poster who dared to be upset that we have thrown away a sizeable lead, again....

He's trying to get himself a ban, really adult and clever really.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No 'likes' left so have this alternative LIKE

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BoneyardTIM said:

I don't blame Johnson, we were cruising at 2-0 and nothing was changed, then the bottle jobs threw it away. It's a mental thing and the manager doesn't get to change that when the game is in full throw. The players need to take blame for this  and realise ther let the fans down as well as the manager.

bang on, today was definitely not lees fault, the players just fell apart again. 

44 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Were having a pretty good season is correct. We are not now. We are sinking and need to sort ourselves out before we fall massively away from the playoffs and a major disappointment.

We didn’t sink today.  We increased our points total by one and consolidated our position in the play-off zone.  I’m reasonably pleased with that.

No it's not a blame the ref post, but what the hell is going on at the moment? Do they have any regular training sessions, as in - reviewing decisions from the last month in a "what would you do in this situation?" like in training sessions in other occupations. In the Bolton game we could have had a penalty against the goal keeper, in todays match Maggers quite rightly was jumping for the ball and the referee gives a free kick to the goal keeper! Flint and Diedieu are regularly wrestled in the box but that goes unseen. Todays referee seemed very reluctant to hand out any cards in the first half and only managed a yellow for Pennington and another for a simulated dive, a rarity in itself. He then proceeded to book 3 city players for fairly minor offences. To me it doesn't matter how many laws there are in the game if they are all going to be interpreted at the whim of individual officials. Surely referees aren't so fragile that they can't compare their decisions with other referees? 

When Leeds brought on a winger and a forward, I was screeming to learn from the Sunderland game and swap Fam for a midfielder to counteract it and stifle their play.

He left it way too long when everyone could see that they were going for it with nothing to lose and looking likely to score.

Great first half but why oh why Lee did you learn nothing from the Sunderland game.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Here's the thing, 2 games and a 3 goal and a 2 goal lead thrown away just like god knows how many times last season.

We have signed around 11 players since last season and only 2 of those 11 started in both games, coincidence?, just saying.

The core of our side ( and it is pleasing to say) is our L1 side. When people talk of players being signed by other clubs, it is those players who get mentioned. LJ tried to rip it apart last year and got in mess. He learnt his lesson and got them playing together , with great spirit in a new way and results have been great. Forget the last few games, people got ahead of themselves and started thinking " we are a Prem club in waiting" That was ridiculous , we had just had two years of relegation battles, and a coach learning his way in the game. Top ten this year will be a great result, and a great platform to progress next season. 

Today and the Sunderland game tells you we are far from ready for promotion. You learn to take the points, we saw that clearly in our last promotion, we saw Newcastle do it last year. We have not got that skill yet, but it will come. 

Finally Kent, a quicker fitter Tomlin. Some awful selfish play and no end result. Our transfer ability is really still nowhere near up to the mark, the list from last January to the last window leaves a lot to be desired. You never get them all right, no matter what club you are at, but our list of players unable to trouble the first team is far far too long. The success level needs to increase. I cannot be bothered to write it out, but the list of players signed under LJ is quite extraordinary , then add in the loan players. LJ needs better material. 

• Like 1